TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Museum

nolastyankee_merged

I'm sorry but the facility is closed Saturday and Sunday. We have a private event on Friday the 10th of November. I'm sorry that it's working out this way for you, we hardly ever have special events that close our museum to the public but this one is that rare exception. Can you stay in Vegas until we reopen on Monday?

-Rich Sparkman

Rich,

Thanks for the response. I can't stay until Monday, but I want to come bad enough that I may have to get out of my work days for a while between Monday and Thursday. I'm tops on a dealer list for the new Shelby GT and would loooove to see it in person.

I'll definitely try and make it work.

Any chance the SEMA car will be there next week after the show?

I was there a couple years back, but don't quite remember how long it took to get from the Strip out to you guys...Any input?

Thanks much for the response. I am really impressed with what Shelby has done the last couple years bringing products to market and can't wait to own another Shelby vehicle.

Well, I got back from Vegas! Went to Shelby plant for a tour on Friday....very cool facility! Got to sign "the wall"....see the Shelby-GT production line in back and Cobra Production....check out the cars. It's a must see for anyone who loves these cars. Oh, yeah...picked up a few Shelby goodies while I was there, too. :)Very nice staff...very friendly, too!

Crispy, are they making Shelby GT's right now?

No, and I should have been more specific. Sorry. The lines are all set up...got to see the facility where the Shelby-GTs will be produced. There were a bunch of SVT folks from Ford on a {separate} tour immediately before mine, they were walking around with Amy. The place was *spotless*.

No pix were allowed of the production line, and that's understandable. There was, however, what looked like a black proto Shelby GT in the middle of the production floor, but due to distance, I could not say for sure.

I believe they are going to be some very busy folks really soon! :)

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks to the folks at SAI in Las Vegas. I drove up in the GT500 on Friday the 6th. Great day for a good drive. The facility was spotless and the staff was very friendly and informative. The museum was most impressive with the old and new mix of Shelby performance cars. When we arrived I was overwhelmed with the amount of black and white mustangs just waiting to be transformed. I couldn't help but think of Mr. Shelby and the fact he has to sign a plaque for each and everyone. Writers cramps is all I could think of. After that realization, I'll know to be patient as I await the dash plaque for my GT500. All in all it was a great day!. Thanks SAI. I'll be looking for time in your mod shop soon for some cool additions. Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

• 2 months later...

Archived