TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Option List?

jrc50

Well, the write ups on the Shelby GT have made all the Sunday hometown newspapers now and they pretty much state what was said the day of the press release. For all the various blogs and conjecture little firm detail has been announced to date, this is surprising. Shelby is probably being constrained by Ford from saying much ,which I understand as they are basically a subcontractor. I am sure Fomoco is probably doing this to not hurt dealers' price gouging success of the GT 500 (had my intelligence insulted again yesterday "we would not consider less than $20k over list"), since this and the basic Mustang and Fusion is about all the good news they have for their dealer networks at the moment.

Most of us are looking forward to having some alternative to the GT 500 and are looking forward to the day that there is a rebate on them due to lack of demand (2008/9). When I bought my 98 Cobra Convertible, I got same story, bought it new off the net $2K under MSRP. Still have it-great weekend car, but it is time to update!

Anyway, if the Shelby GT is use by Ford to unconsiously further alienate their loyal HP client base as the GT 500 is-, then it is time to look elsewhere for amusement, there are lots of great performance cars out there. Hopefully the Shelby folks will be able to have some input in how things are handled to preserve their own good reputation.

Well, the write ups on the Shelby GT have made all the Sunday hometown newspapers now and they pretty much state what was said the day of the press release. For all the various blogs and conjecture little firm detail has been announced to date, this is surprising. Shelby is probably being constrained by Ford from saying much ,which I understand as they are basically a subcontractor. I am sure Fomoco is probably doing this to not hurt dealers' price gouging success of the GT 500 (had my intelligence insulted again yesterday "we would not consider less than $20k over list"), since this and the basic Mustang and Fusion is about all the good news they have for their dealer networks at the moment.

Most of us are looking forward to having some alternative to the GT 500 and are looking forward to the day that there is a rebate on them due to lack of demand (2008/9). When I bought my 98 Cobra Convertible, I got same story, bought it new off the net $2K under MSRP. Still have it-great weekend car, but it is time to update!

Anyway, if the Shelby GT is use by Ford to unconsiously further alienate their loyal HP client base as the GT 500 is-, then it is time to look elsewhere for amusement, there are lots of great performance cars out there. Hopefully the Shelby folks will be able to have some input in how things are handled to preserve their own good reputation.

I think the prices are already coming down. Its all about the "have to have it first" that is why it is high. That is for cars, toys, anything witha high demand. I remember the xbox, people paid thousands just to have it first. The shelby GT is a good car with a lot of possibilities. we think this will be a good seller and not be abused. Lets just wait and see.

Amy

Archived