TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy B please HELP us with ordering.

Sharp_merged

Dear Amy B

Can you or anyone else help me teach my dealer how to order a Shelby GT. He has never heard of it. Who should I tell them to contact? Sense they sell the Shelby GT500 does that make them qualified to sell the Shelby GT. I realize the order forms might not be open yet but If I can get the in the ball rolling I might have a shot at it. Also, will there be A-Plan pricing like there is on the Roush Mustangs?

(I posted this on The Mustang Source before I found this forum so you will see it there too)

The Ford dealers ruined my chances of getting a GT500, I hope I can get the Shelby GT. This is a better looking car than the GT500 and I can take of any HP difference :)

Dear Amy B

Can you or anyone else help me teach my dealer how to order a Shelby GT. He has never heard of it. Who should I tell them to contact? Sense they sell the Shelby GT500 does that make them qualified to sell the Shelby GT. I realize the order forms might not be open yet but If I can get the in the ball rolling I might have a shot at it. Also, will there be A-Plan pricing like there is on the Roush Mustangs?

One thing you personally can do is provide the dealer with a collection of the information on the car. Supply him with printouts of the technical information, the expected production dates and amounts and other details on the car. Make sure you provide him with links to the GT section on this website. This way when the subject comes up in one of his discussions/meetings with Ford, he will be completely pre-informed and have accurate up-to-date information rather than just a dumb look on his face. If he is a good person he may appreciate your tip-offs and reward you when it comes to ordering time.

My personal experience? Get a contract stating "for MSRP", even if it's to be determined, and put down a $500 deposit. If they aren't willing to do that, keep them in mind, but move on to another dealer. If you find one who does, do that "for MSRP" contract. It is legally binding enough for you to get your car, and at MSRP. Otherwise, you may have an empty promise. Trust me on that...

I'd like any info available also. For those mad at the dealer for not knowing anything, don't be upset with your dealer. I run a dealership and we have been unable to get any info on the car myself. My regional rep told me "I don't think you can get one, I think they're only going to southern states" which I find a little hard to belive with a 10,000 unit production run.

Also on the subject of ADM's, I don't look for them to go away on the GT500 anytime soon. People on various fourms keep saying that, but the sticker price on this car compared to what it offers is an extreme bargain. Also the demand of this car has been so much higher than I ever anticipated (we've been getting fax's from various dealers offering 10K over for anyone willing to dealer trade theirs). My guess is that the ADM's hold throughout the 2007 production run and we'll have to see what happens when the 2008's start hitting. I haven't talked to too many dealers that didn't have their 2007's pre-sold anyway, so the 08's may also see ADM's, have to wait and see.

Now on the Shelby GT, if pricings in the mid 30's like I'd guess, I look for the early ones to have ADM, but for that to fade away quickly. Although the Shelby GT will be a great car, it will sell to Ford buyers and won't be attracting Corvette and other buyers the way the GT500 does, so in my opinion they'll probably end up at MSRP unless something changes (production numbers, price, performance).

Archived