TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H convertible?

SVTregistry

Amy or Rich,

Any idea if the GT-H convertible will ever find its way to a Hertz nearby? (especially for FL or CA markets)

I would definitely like to see some. Saw my first GT-H on A1A in Fort Lauderdale a month or two ago, would look so much hotter topless though, so close to the beach!

--Russ

Thats a good idea, I can imagine Hawaii, Florida,SoCal and even Las Vegas would be ideal markets.Maybe even a cool color variation, original Hertz cars were black and gold, how about a black with gold/tan hartz fabric top. B) Mark

We think so too...... Hertz likes the current GT-H program, so maybe they will do it again. If you like the cars, or even better have driven one, you should tell them how much you like them.... we already know ;)

Amy

Nice to see you here, JerseyVics!

Seems like all the cool (or psychotically obsessed) folks show up at the same places! (lol)

When I saw Amy's reply, my antenna went WAY UP!!! I keep thinking: now, if we can get them to make a Shelby GT 'vert....OMG, Oh, Oh, OH!!!!!

Can you tell I want this????? :P

But, yeah....I agree.....the GT-H would look sweeeet as a 'vert...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see you here, JerseyVics!

Seems like all the cool (or psychotically obsessed) folks show up at the same places! (lol)

When I saw Amy's reply, my antenna went WAY UP!!! I keep thinking: now, if we can get them to make a Shelby GT 'vert....OMG, Oh, Oh, OH!!!!!

Can you tell I want this????? :P

But, yeah....I agree.....the GT-H would look sweeeet as a 'vert...

we agree and from the art we have done, it looks cool........

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Oct 19 2006, 07:39 PM) 1160[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

we agree and from the art we have done, it looks cool........

WOW....you ARE evil!!! :P

How am I supposed to sleep now? :rolleyes:

Thanks....I think. I guess I'll just have to pace the floors for now...

Crispy, you are going to vegas for SEma arent you?????? well its not disney world, but all dreams come true ar sema....lol

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Oct 26 2006, 01:27 AM) 1217[/snapback]

Crispy, you are going to vegas for SEma arent you?????? well its not disney world, but all dreams come true ar sema....lol

Amy

Yes, all dreams do come true Crispy!!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55675

Let the drooling commence!

:rolleyes:

OMG.......How did I miss this?????!?!?

I love that thing........we are now officially one step closer!

Amy, looks like I'm going to miss SEMA :( but I will make it to the museum tour on Friday.

By the way, Amy.......Great memory, I am very impressed! B)

Time to stop pacing the floor.... as I am now bouncing off the ceiling. You made my month!! :wub: B)

Schweet, huh? Like the ones on the 40th Anniversary GT500. Now that looks mean!

Glad you all like it, check out the main section for pictures of both cars and the new parts we are making. There is something for everyone

Amy :)

I went to the SEMA show and got a chance to see the Hertz convertable. Its outstanding ! I did have a chance to talk to one of the guys involved in the building of the car and he told me a funny story about the roll bar. The roll bar has a built in third brake light and when the car was first driven with the top up they found that the light would light up the whole interior in bright red light. Ooopps. So a special micro switch had to be installed to turn off the brake light when the top is up. :lol: Mark

I went to the SEMA show and got a chance to see the Hertz convertable. Its outstanding ! I did have a chance to talk to one of the guys involved in the building of the car and he told me a funny story about the roll bar. The roll bar has a built in third brake light and when the car was first driven with the top up they found that the light would light up the whole interior in bright red light. Ooopps. So a special micro switch had to be installed to turn off the brake light when the top is up. :lol: Mark

hi mark, true story.....lol

Amy

As expected, I did not make SEMA while I was there....but got "home" to see the Shelby Facility on Friday. I got to say, the GT-H convertible is very nice. Yeah, the ducts in front look a little contrived (I would prefer they used the lower grill-- but the radiator needs air, too), but I love the overall look for sure. And now, the inevitible questions are:

-Will they build it for Hertz?

-Will they do this for the Shelby-GT?

Time will tell...but it makes a lot of sense to do both...and stuff a blower on, while you are at it... :)

I usually don't like black cars or convertibles but that car is stunning! The black Razors look awesome as well.

you know, thats what I thought too, then i SAW IT...ITS STUNNING IF i DO SAY SO MYSELF....LOL

aMY

I like everything about the look of that car except for the fog lights... and I need to get used to the brake cooling ducts.

Good job Shelby!

--Russ

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

As expected, I did not make SEMA while I was there....but got "home" to see the Shelby Facility on Friday. I got to say, the GT-H convertible is very nice. Yeah, the ducts in front look a little contrived (I would prefer they used the lower grill-- but the radiator needs air, too), but I love the overall look for sure. And now, the inevitible questions are:

-Will they build it for Hertz?

-Will they do this for the Shelby-GT?

Time will tell...but it makes a lot of sense to do both...and stuff a blower on, while you are at it... :)

Ok, this is not a confirmation or denial, its just a thought......really

why can't it possibly be both??? anything is possible. ;)

amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 11 2006, 01:38 AM) 1393[/snapback]

you know, thats what I thought too, then i SAW IT...ITS STUNNING IF i DO SAY SO MYSELF....LOL

aMY

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Ok, this is not a confirmation or denial, its just a thought......really

why can't it possibly be both??? anything is possible. ;)

amy

Both? All three, I say! *cough*cough*blower*cough*cough ;)

Thanks, Amy...

Anything is possible

• 3 weeks later...

Amy, I know that the Shelby GT 'vert is not coming for '07.....maybe....maybe for '08. Is there any progress on a GT-H convertible? Further, any additional tidbits I can take home with me? Hmmmm???

WE are talking to Hertz now. They are thinking of convertibles.....

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Dec 4 2006, 10:50 PM) 1741[/snapback]

WE are talking to Hertz now. They are thinking of convertibles.....

Amy

Cool. Let me know what I can do to help seal the deal! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Amy!

Go to http://windingroad.com/videos/ for a video of the making of the GT-Hs. There is also a video on making GT-500s called Flatrock, Home of the Mustang with some shots of Mr. Shelby visiting the Ford plant.

Sweet. Saw the '500, but did not see the -H stuff. Nice find.

Archived