TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Interior Colors

Amy,

I realize from your posts that your Shelby team is working on details of what is probably a very fast track project with the GT, and we all have to be patient with details. That being said, a couple of questions for your likely growing file for responses at some point:

1. What interior color choices will be available? Since this is basically a production line car from an interior standpoint, it would be great to be able to pick from the wide line of colors there, as the Shelby GT 500 is pretty limited with just black or red/black

2. As to your comments on another posting on the possible availability of supercharger or not as a Shelby Auto adder, that would be great if it happens, gives simple further product differentiation from regular Mustang GT. I would certainly do it, unless pricing approaches Shelby GT coupe too closely.

3. I think that if Shelby Auto can set up a "Factory Delivery" as Corvette does in Bowling Green, it would be great from a standpoint of owners getting to know your company as well as taking advantage of a quick trip to Vegas if FOMOCO will permit it!

4. Personally, I do not care about 3.73 gearing, the lower the better as I will probably use it as a road car for business, but to each their own. It would be nice to be able to order gearing as desired, from basic Mustang GT ratios up through 3.73. Not everybody wants to go in a straight line.

Looking forward to more details!

I agree that the interior should be "special". I think silver/grey inserts would be awesome (que from Roush). Their interiors are incredible, and really set them apart. Since both cars will have silver stripes, it would be easy to offer silver seat inserts for both exterior colors (keeps inventory simple).

I also hugely agree with the supercharger option. This car will be so much nicer if it comes w/the supercharger, rather than having to do aftermarket mods.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the interior should be "special". I think silver/grey inserts would be awesome (que from Roush). Their interiors are incredible, and really set them apart. Since both cars will have silver stripes, it would be easy to offer silver seat inserts for both exterior colors (keeps inventory simple).

I also hugely agree with the supercharger option. This car will be so much nicer if it comes w/the supercharger, rather than having to do aftermarket mods.

The 2007 Mustang GT has optional black with dove inserts for the seats. I wonder if we can order it that way at least...would be better with a special Shelby interior option to me as well though.

The S/C and upgraded brakes would make this car exactly what I was looking for in the beginning. The more options the better I like it. I know it is not cost effective maybe but I like being able to personalize the car as much as possible straight from the Shelby factory.

The 2007 Mustang GT has optional black with dove inserts for the seats. I wonder if we can order it that way at least...would be better with a special Shelby interior option to me as well though.

The S/C and upgraded brakes would make this car exactly what I was looking for in the beginning. The more options the better I like it. I know it is not cost effective maybe but I like being able to personalize the car as much as possible straight from the Shelby factory.

Exactly. I was thinking I could option it out the way I like it, then check the Shelby GT box, and add a few Shelby specific upgrades (ie: Supercharger, wheel options (possible?, etc). This could be a real road killer, a la GT-350.

By the way, Milstang--Nice to see you here. I think we'll both be happier with this car, if the dealers let us get them...

Exactly. I was thinking I could option it out the way I like it, then check the Shelby GT box, and add a few Shelby specific upgrades (ie: Supercharger, wheel options (possible?, etc). This could be a real road killer, a la GT-350.

By the way, Milstang--Nice to see you here. I think we'll both be happier with this car, if the dealers let us get them...

Yes, IF they let us get them. <_<

Hope we have better luck this time! :)

Archived