TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500s in Shelby Registry?

68fastback

Well, it seems everyone is just assuming the GT500 will/should not be in the Shelby registry because it wasn't actually made by Shelby.

But why not? The classic 65-67 Shelbys done by SA are in there and rightly so.

Aren't the '68 and '69s also considered Shelbys and included, though done by A.O.Smith Company? (Dunno.) The '68 is in the Shelby museum too. What about the Ford-made 70-71s?

And why not the '07 GT500, especially since it bears the man's name and Carroll was an advisor on the car. Just a thought. And I would appreciate any insight SA might have as to wheter this will/might happen and/or how you all feel about this subject one way or another. And what about the WCCs and CS6 kits?

I think there's an ral opportunity to embrace all validly named Shelby's, regardless of literal manufacturer. Can anyone clarify the intent here. I see this subject heating up and was wondering if SA has already thought it through and might share that insight.

Thanks for all you do!

-Dan

Well, it seems everyone is just assuming the GT500 will/should not be in the Shelby registry because it wasn't actually made by Shelby.

But why not? The classic 65-67 Shelbys done by SA are in there and rightly so.

Aren't the '68 and '69s also considered Shelbys and included, though done by A.O.Smith Company? (Dunno.) The '68 is in the Shelby museum too. What about the Ford-made 70-71s?

And why not the '07 GT500, especially since it bears the man's name and Carroll was an advisor on the car. Just a thought. And I would appreciate any insight SA might have as to wheter this will/might happen and/or how you all feel about this subject one way or another. And what about the WCCs and CS6 kits?

I think there's an ral opportunity to embrace all validly named Shelby's, regardless of literal manufacturer. Can anyone clarify the intent here. I see this subject heating up and was wondering if SA has already thought it through and might share that insight.

Thanks for all you do!

-Dan

hey Dan, the 2007 Gt500 does go in the registry, Not sure where the rumor came from, but it always was going in

Amy

Archived