TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I will photoshop your GT500....

ELITE 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hysterical:

Have you ever sailed on a ship like this? :hysterical:

Wow! That's one cool ship! No, never sailed on something like that.. there's a Halvve Maan repro that occasionally plies the Hudson River here and the sloop Cleawater but nothing quite like that!

Nothing quite like this up here either: post-4902-1153425157_thumb.jpg :hysterical2:

<where's Dave?... I couldn't resist Bryan!>

<edit:> oh, damn.... just saw.. Elite1 beat me to it.. drat! :)

great mins think alike, But I owe it all to dave's idea :hysterical:

Man - you guys are some sick sob's! :hysterical:

If I wasn't laughing so hard - I'd track y'all down and break your kneecaps!

Get - a - life! :hysterical:

Elite - I suggest you have someone start your car for you for a while, you hear?

I posted one lousy pic of a Whipple blower that happened to be on an engine in a pink F**king Mustang...Edith - get me a beer. :hysterical:

Here's the piece I wrote about my sail across the Pamilco Sound on the Elizabeth II:

http://www.beaufortccc.edu/news/PDF/Bryans...20II%204-06.pdf

Man - you guys are some sick sob's! :hysterical:

If I wasn't laughing so hard - I'd track y'all down and break your kneecaps!

Get - a - life! :hysterical:

Elite - I suggest you have someone start your car for you for a while, you hear?

I posted one lousy pic of a Whipple blower that happened to be on an engine in a pink F**king Mustang...Edith - get me a beer. :hysterical:

Here's the piece I wrote about my sail across the Pamilco Sound on the Elizabeth II:

Very nice story Bryan. Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed "being back in time" in your mind...a simpler time I'm sure.

Dave

Wow! What a kick that must have been, Bryan! Great article too; you have such a comfy and fluid style.

I only got to spend a couple hours on the Haalve Maan repro (of the Hudson river's namesake discoverer -- it seemed so small!), but never under sail -- how cool is that Elizabeth II journey!

Okay - okay - you've crossed the line with the pink Shelby!

Get back on the meds!

Sailing on the EII was very neat. But it's the SLOWEST boat on the water!

It took us 12 hours to cross the Sound - takes an hour in a Fountain boat!

post-4913-1153499727_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1153499727_thumb.jpg

Okay - okay - you've crossed the line with the pink Shelby!

Get back on the meds!

Sailing on the EII was very neat. But it's the SLOWEST boat on the water!

It took us 12 hours to cross the Sound - takes an hour in a Fountain boat!

Wow! 12 hours! That's probably 'cause it's not pink!

post-4902-1153500468_thumb.jpg

:hysterical:

<edit: never been on one of those either!

post-4902-1153500468_thumb.jpg

Sorry - 101 - we've gotten off topic!

I'm sure he'll work it up for ya.

68 - I think your PSDS is in the danger zone...do I need to come out there?

Did I tell ya I ordered a Cervini stainless grill? Like on the Hertz.

I feel lost A G A I N

My dealer called to say mine is on MATERIAL HOLD.

Coupe, Vista Blue, No Over the top stripe, no Shaker 1000.

Anyone have any clue as to what the current material hold is??

Called Ford Customer Service, gave my order number and got the same info.

Niether can say why there is a current material hold??

Fell like i'm lost in space!!!

In a never ending time warp!!

Scottie beam me up; or better yet beam my car down

Sorry for drifting here, but frustration prevails

Sorry - 101 - we've gotten off topic!

I'm sure he'll work it up for ya.

68 - I think your PSDS is in the danger zone...do I need to come out there?

Did I tell ya I ordered a Cervini stainless grill? Like on the Hertz.

Love that grille!!!!

Have ya noticed on the GT-H the exhaust ends in really nice large tips, but they stick out way too far. I bet yout Bassani's will work better on the your GT

ELITE 1... nice work! Have couple requests of my own if don't mind.

First... *convertible* - Vista Blue w/Performance White stripes including over the top stripes. stock wheels. mild drop

Second *convertible - Alloy w/Satin Silver stripes including over the top stripes. Shelby Razor wheels. mild drop

Last *convertible* - Alloy / no stripes. Shelby Razor wheels with black centers and polished lips. mild drop

Main thing I'm looking for is the first two to see how these convertibles would look with the over the top stripes. Last request is how I'm currently anticipating setting the car up if I decide against adding over the top stripes. Thanks! :happy feet:

I am sure you thought I forgot about doing a vert, its not perfect but, here it is.

GT500vertvistablue.jpg

I am sure you thought I forgot about doing a vert, its not perfect but, here it is.

GT500vertvistablue.jpg

Nice work ELITE1! That helps a lot. Any chance I can see an alloy 'vert with satin silver stripes?

edit: got to admit, after looking at this PS a second time, I think the droptop looks better *without* the over the top stripes. They look great on the coupe, but I think missing the area on the actual top of the car makes it too discontinuous on the convertible.

Nice work ELITE1! That helps a lot. Any chance I can see an alloy 'vert with satin silver stripes?

edit: got to admit, after looking at this PS a second time, I think the droptop looks better *without* the over the top stripes. They look great on the coupe, but I think missing the area on the actual top of the car makes it too discontinuous on the convertible.

Yeah, I sort of agree... and that was logic behind not doing it in the 60s too, tho a buddy of mind had a sweet 65 289hi-po blue vert that he added white GT stripes to and it did really look sweet from eye-level, but not as nice from a highway overpass. But his was also a white-top vert which sort of picked-up on the white of the stripes when the top was up (most of the time up north) and maybe made them work better.

I agree. The black top will break up the stripes.

And - I'd leave off the rocker panel stripes - too.

Too many V6's running around with them.

Maybe have a sign shop make up a Shelby GT500 logo for behind the front wheel on the rocker.

Maybe have a sign shop make up a Shelby GT500 logo for behind the front wheel on the rocker.

Yeah, good point... that would look nice.

One of the major paint companies now makes a selp-levelling spray 'paint' that stands up to water/rain, but washes off with soap and supposedly leaves absolutely no residue. A bit of a hassel, but it could be a good way to try out some combos and then have what you like painted on permanently. Actually I could also see no GT stripes and a simple and tasteful twin 1/16" pinstriping to allude to the 'hips' our baby is missing.

< just a thought (ok, wearing my asbestos suit ;-) >

Right on those comments guys. Since the top is black, it probably will throw of the stripe somewhat. At this point, I'm thinking a alloy and black motiff... dark tinted windows, aftermarket wheels (maybe Shelby Razors) with black centers and polished lip.

Car will definitely be ordered sans any stripes. I may order the side stripes after the fact in satin silver. I kind of like the look in this photoshop I did without the wide center section of the side stripe, but I would only do this with some type of silver/aluminum finish wheels. If I go with the black centers, I'd probably find another way to add the GT500 badging.

post-6041-1153709259_thumb.jpg

post-6041-1153709259_thumb.jpg

No rocker panel stripes - too common - how about a nice thin silver stripe down the crease line above the Snake emblem (that starts at the rear of the front wheel well flare) and carry it back to the beginnine of the rear wheel flare? Something different.

Archived