TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Progress Update

Paleoc

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ted should post his pics...

I was fortunate enough to see Teds car yesterday at the museum, he has done all the mechanical/performance upgrades but nothing cosmetic yet. His car is amazing, he is even fortunate enough to get a prototype dash plaque, now thats impressive!!

Im having trouble posting pics, Ive tried the photobucket thing. Sorry

Try www.imageshack.us and copy and then paist the last adress option at the bottom of the screen after it is hosted.

Cool video, nice to finally hear how the exhaust sounds. Are the shelby/baer brakes installed too?

Cool video, nice to finally hear how the exhaust sounds. Are the shelby/baer brakes installed too?

Nope, still stock brakes. If you look at the rear brake you can see a lot of air space around it.

One other kind of funny item. I had to clean up the side view picture. In the original picture, there is an electric meter on the wall in the background at the bottom of the pipe. Before I airbrushed it out, it looked like there was some strange, light grey, mechanical thing sticking out of my engine compartment. I had to stare at the picture to figure out what it was and that it wasn't actually part of the car.

In the rear view, notice the cobra in the garage in the background.

Nope, still stock brakes. If you look at the rear brake you can see a lot of air space around it.

One other kind of funny item. I had to clean up the side view picture. In the original picture, there is an electric meter on the wall in the background at the bottom of the pipe. Before I airbrushed it out, it looked like there was some strange, light grey, mechanical thing sticking out of my engine compartment. I had to stare at the picture to figure out what it was and that it wasn't actually part of the car.

In the rear view, notice the cobra in the garage in the background.

Great job everyone, the cars are all looking great. I will post pictures of mine as well after SEMA... or if you go to sema, my car is in the american racing booth. Keep posting pics we have so much cool stuff coming, you wont believe it. we will post it on the site during sema.

Amy

Cool deal Rogue. I can't wait to see how you make it functional. Just got mine yesturday

I was talking to my body shop guy and he said to make it functional we could try drilling some round holes on the under side to maintain the structural integrity. Then two long holes on the outer side where the hood grille goes. Roughly as shown.

s3000075tk7.jpgs3000082ma2.jpg

Any input from the guys at Shelby, do or dont's?

I never doubted that you would. :D

Now I need to get my base dyno and drag strip run in and I can install it and then make my second drag strip run to see what difference the 3.55s make over the 3.31s.

Next on the list is the aluminum driveshaft which will fix the problem with the stock shaft.

Thanks Jason that helps a lot.

The consensus on the street seems to be the Predator has some advantage for manual transmission vehicles while the XCal2 has advantages for automatics (me). It shouldn't be too difficult to create an XCal2 tune with the data from the Predator, so that is workable.

The graphics issue is kind of a bummer. A bright yellow car (again, me) looks a little strange with silver stripes.

Thanks again for all your help, it is appreciated.

And thank you Paleoc and Jrav8er for your assistance, it is likewise, greatly appreciated.

call ted at shelbyautos, we do the stipes in a ghost silver too, and that could look cool on yellow.

Amy

Archived