TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Progress Update

Paleoc

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason,

The CS6 package includes dual exhausts. Are these GT take offs or ???

I noticed it does not mention headers, so I'm assuming you are going with the stock exhaust manifolds. In last months Mustang Enthusiast magazine they installed a set of JBA shorty headers and the JBA true dual exhaust system. Their logic was that next month (this month) they were installing a supercharger and improving the exhaust system would benefit the SC installation. The before and after dyno test showed a 17.7 RWHP gain and 10 ft/lb of torque at the rear wheels with just the headers and duals. The CS6 is rated at 350 flywheel HP, how much RWHP does it have? Do you think the headers and duals (its an H-pipe system) would improve the HP/torque gain of the Paxton beyond what you are getting now? I should still be within the 390 - 410 HP window so I should not be over stressing the engine.

In another post (I don't remember if it was you or someone else) stated they were still looking at whether or not you would get the dash plaque and CS graphics if you purchased the CS6 package over time instead of all at once. Has a decision been made on this yet?

Thanks again

Well I now have a new Mustang. I took advantage of the yearend 0% deal and got a White 06 with a manual transmission. After test driving a few V6s, the manual is the only way to go. The auto is just pathetic.

My transformation to a CS6 (well my version anyway) has begun. I've got a set of GT take-off wheels on order. I realy like the way they look on the GT-H. Next I'll put on dual exhaust with a GT500 rear bumper. It may take me a year or more to build up the car, but I realy look forward to modifying my new Mustang with new Shelby parts.

Ok guys, let me start off by saying that Jason at Hillbank Motorsports is AWESOME, IM very happy with his customer service. I cant do a supercharger yet so I ordered a Steeda cold air intake and a predator tuner. I am still waiting for my CS6 front fascia, which is among the parts we are all waiting for. Ive emailed with Ted at Shelby and he keeps me well informed of the progress of my order. Even though Im discouraged that Im not getting my CS6 parts earlier in the season, I still greatly appreciate that Im getting parts from a company that delivers nothing but the best. I know that when my parts get to me, they will fit and look perfect on my mustang. I could have ordered any of the other aftermarket stuff out there and had it by now, but id really question the quality of most of the other parts. What other aftermarket company out there has such a long running history of perfection as SHELBY? Keep up the great work TED and the Shelby team. Thanks again Jason, youve got another happy customer.

My vision of my CS6 is finally starting to unfold!!!

Pyrat,

The exhaust system is a specially designed exhaust made by JBA. Its all stainless steel and mandrel bent. I've heard a non-supercharged car with them and they sounded great, which mean a S/C car will only sound better! Yes, putting a more effecient exhaust system will definatly help and you are allowing the air to more easily exit the exhaust chambers. This is even more of an issue with forced induction. Now your really moving the air in/out. By adding an easier flow air path you really net free non-damaging horsepower. If they got 17hp w/o a supercharger, expect to see hi 20's with a supercharger.

On a 350hp base with no driveline lightening, expect to see just about 300 on the dyno. MASSIVE. Now let it breathe better and you should see 330ish. This puts your at 380ish flywheel and your good to go. Remember you will NEED to run only 91 octane and a good synthetic oil if you've passed 5,000 miles.

As far as the graphics go, they are available at the Stage I level, which is the appearance package. Stay tuned for the definations. The dash plaque is available only to Stage III, the complete kit. However at Stage I you will still get a letter / certificate of purchase from Shelby!!! But yes, you may buy the kits in stages, BUT KEEP YOUR RECIEPTS. Only purchases from a "AUTHORIZED SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS DEALER" are accepted for the Independant Registry, stripes and or the badge at Stage III.

Hope this helps.

As for GTS6, im not sure who you are, but I humbly thank you. I do work VERY hard to do everything i can to help you guys out. And seldom does someone take there time to acknowledge that I helped them out. Again, it was my honor. And if anyone else needs any help, you know how to get a hold of me.

Have a great weekend guys, im off to have my Shelby Brakes installed this weekend. Mustang Enthusiast Magazine is doing a tech feature on the install. Man did Shelby design one hell of an impressive brake kit. Stay tuned, ill let you know when they will publish the install story.

P.S. Its a 14" front and 14" rear setup, its MASSIVE.

Thanks Jason, you really are doing a great job. On the old Shelby forum it was kind of like you were talking to yourself at times.

As a Mustang Enthusiast subscriber I'll be looking forward to the article on your car. Try and talk them into an article on the CS6, that would be awesome.

Well, until I can think up some more questions, thanks again and take care,

OK, that was short... <_<

Regarding the supercharger and engine mods. I'm currently using an SCT XCal2 for tuning purposes, on my '05 Mustang. Do the engine mods, including the SC come with a tune that would be compatible with the XCal2? If not, what do you recommend for the DIY installation regarding post installation tuning? Could the necessary information be supplied to my tuner (VMPTuning.com) so they could build a basic tune which would allow me to drive to their location (I'm in Texas they are in Florida).

Regarding the hood. Can the hood scoop (heat exchanger) be made functional? The way the Mustang flows air to the air intake, a heat exchanger type hood scoop is just the thing it needs to enhance the stock design.

Regarding the graphics. Are the graphics available in colors other than silver. If I had my choice, I'd like a yellow a shade or two lighter than screaming yellow. If the cost is reasonable, I'd be willing to pay extra for this. If this is not possible, is there any copyright problem with having the graphics painted on in a lighter shade of yellow?

Regarding the grill. Which grill are you shipping, the blue concept vehicle grill or the black pre-production vehicle grill?

Jason, two other non-Shelby issues, the 05 Mustang has an drive shaft issue at speeds over 115 MPH (I believe it was corrected midway through '06, but don't quote me on that), do you (Hillbank) carry replacement drive shafts?

Second, the V6 Mustang's speedometer only goes to 120 MPH, is there a replacement for this, something in the 150 MPH range, preferably with white face plates?

Regarding the graphics. Are the graphics available in colors other than silver. If I had my choice, I'd like a yellow a shade or two lighter than screaming yellow.

I use vinyls in my job alot. If Shelby is using 3M, you might look at Bright Yellow (PMS 109C) or Vista Yellow. Avery on the otherhand has several yellows to in their high performance opaque vinyls.

Regarding the supercharger and engine mods. I'm currently using an SCT XCal2 for tuning purposes, on my '05 Mustang. Do the engine mods, including the SC come with a tune that would be compatible with the XCal2? If not, what do you recommend for the DIY installation regarding post installation tuning? Could the necessary information be supplied to my tuner (VMPTuning.com) so they could build a basic tune which would allow me to drive to their location (I'm in Texas they are in Florida).

Regarding the hood. Can the hood scoop (heat exchanger) be made functional? The way the Mustang flows air to the air intake, a heat exchanger type hood scoop is just the thing it needs to enhance the stock design.

Jason, two other non-Shelby issues, the 05 Mustang has an drive shaft issue at speeds over 115 MPH (I believe it was corrected midway through '06, but don't quote me on that), do you (Hillbank) carry replacement drive shafts?

Second, the V6 Mustang's speedometer only goes to 120 MPH, is there a replacement for this, something in the 150 MPH range, preferably with white face plates?

I believe the supercharger comes with a DiabloSport predator tuner. Jason, correct me on this if I am wrong.

As my car is built, the body shop will look into making the hood functional. The issue is keeping water and dirt out of the engine compartment. I don't know when they will start on this but I will keep everyone informed as to the outcome.

Powerhouse makes an aluminum driveshaft for the car. http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...ex&cPath=1_3_19 I would call them as I did. I have also heard of people taking driveshafts out of Ford Rangers and having them cut to the right length and rebalanced. The heavy, overly complicated 2 piece driveshaft in the car was designed by a committee of idiots and is the reason for the 112 mph limit on the car. The GT driveshaft isn't a whole lot better.

The car's theorectical top speed is 138 mph in 4th gear. This a factor of transmission gearing combined with tire size, rear end gearing and maximum rpm (27inches, 1.00/1 4th gear + 3.55/1 rear end@6100rpm). Top speed in 5th gear is limited by a combination of air resistance + horsepower + 5th gear ratio (.72/1) which usually limits it to less than 4th gear maximum. An interesting side note is that due to the lower gear ratio in the V6 T5 manual transmission as compared to the TR3650 in the GT, the CS6 with 3.55 gears in the rear is geared almost the same as a GT equipped with 3.73 rear gears (with the exception of 4th gear).

Jason, You say that the graphics are available to stage one builders. The graphics you are talking about is the CS logo stipe on the door with the name SHELBY along the bottom. Correct? So how come I dont see any pricing for this stipe and graphics package. The lettering kit is for just that the S H E L B Y on the rear trunk lid. I need some pricing on the silver stipes with side stripe. ALSO in a previous post someone asked about painting the strips and side logo stripe on the side of the car if there would be a copywrite issue on that. I assume that if you purchase the vinyl stipe kit you will also get a shelby certificate for the stripes. you then can use it to create a reverse mask and paint it on then what is the difference if you paint it on or slap the vinyl on if you have the vinyl in your posession with a certificate from shelby.

Now. I have been looking for a leather seat upholstery installer that can embrioder the SHELBY or CS logo into the seat and he said he can only legaly do it if I was to purchase a single use copywright licence from shelby similar to the software licence you get when you purchase software for your computer. He will not do it unless I have one of them and I respect that. I never saw anywhere on the consept shelby a logo on the seat so How do I go about doing this to my seats.

Jim

As far as the graphics go, they are available at the Stage I level, which is the appearance package. Stay tuned for the definations. The dash plaque is available only to Stage III, the complete kit. However at Stage I you will still get a letter / certificate of purchase from Shelby!!! But yes, you may buy the kits in stages, BUT KEEP YOUR RECIEPTS. Only purchases from a "AUTHORIZED SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS DEALER" are accepted for the Independant Registry, stripes and or the badge at Stage III.

Pyrat,

Thanks again for the compliements, much appreciated.

Here goes,

The S/C "Supercharger" comes with a Shelby / Paxton calibrated Diablo Sport tuner. Which in my book is by far the best tuner. You literly plug the tuner into your car, download the pre-programed tune into your computer and 10mins later your done.

On the hood, I;m sure you could have a body shop make it functional. Might not be ideal for a daily driver unless you make a system to drain the water that would get trapped and/or pour on your motor.

The graphics ONLY come in silver. Shelby wont budge at all on this. We recently got them to allow ALL Ford colors to be in the independant registry. On doing your own Shelby striping, I can tell you this Shelby holds a copyright on the side stripes.

The grille is going to be the black metal version. I never seen the prototype...was it cool?

We will be carrying drive shafts. I am currently testing some to my own approval. When i find one that will hold up to what you guys will do to it, we will offer it.

On the gauges, i know you cant currently reprogram the hec module to use 150 speedo on the new car. But on the 99-04 i heard of it being done but also heard the cost was unrealistic.

Hope all that helps.

Jrav8er,

You are correct on the striping and what it says. Pricing is not yet available as Shelby has be concentrating on getting the parts ready vs. working on production of the stripes. They will be available early next month.

As far as masking to paint, your on your own. To qualify for the registry, the car must be the way it was intended, no changes.

As for the seats, there are things in the works, sit tight for a bit! More awesome products on the way.

By the way, we now carry the Shelby Auto Security car alarms with or without remote start. Alarm features 2-way paging with a 2 mile radius. I have one already in my car and the owners car before we put them up on the site, they've been in for a few months now and no problems. Its one nice Shelby Authorized part for sure. In the meantime you can go to www.shelbyautosecurity.com for now. I will have them up in the next week on the site.

Thanks guys.

Thanks Jason that helps a lot.

The consensus on the street seems to be the Predator has some advantage for manual transmission vehicles while the XCal2 has advantages for automatics (me). It shouldn't be too difficult to create an XCal2 tune with the data from the Predator, so that is workable.

The graphics issue is kind of a bummer. A bright yellow car (again, me) looks a little strange with silver stripes.

Thanks again for all your help, it is appreciated.

And thank you Paleoc and Jrav8er for your assistance, it is likewise, greatly appreciated.

The grille is going to be the black metal version. I never seen the prototype...was it cool?

I looked at the grills (Gallery section). The concept vehicle (blue) has the PIA lights and the Shelby lettering while the Pre-production prototype (black) has neither (the lettering but not lights were later added). The grill looks the same (with the above exceptions). Since the kit comes with PIA lights (which require the hole cut outs in the grill), I assume the production grill is the one from the concept vehicle. The Pre-production model was probably produced that way to A: save costs and B: give the company an approximation of what the GT-H would look like.

Well, i havent heard anything about the Preditor not being as good for automatics. I've heard a different story. But you can tune however you want, but the Shelby kit comes with the tuner and has been a proven combination.

On the stripes, heres the deal. You dont have to have them on the car to be in the registry. They wont come in any other color than silver. If you have a Silver car, they will come in a slightly darker silver. Prior to a month ago, the CS6 only came in Blue and Black. We've just obtained the ok to allow all color cars. So you'll have to work with what you have. If you copy them you may be asking for trouble. My guess is contact Shelby, but ive asked that question and was told no. So my hands are tied. But other than the car having no stripes or silver stripes thats all that will be allowed in the registry.

Oh ok I have seen that grille. I dont know if it will be available, but ill ask. It does look clean but I love the PIAA version. Ill tell you whats even cooler, a big fat intercooler shoved in the lower fascia opening with a Nitrous Express Ntercooler sprayer mounted to the front in case of possible race loss....hehehehe!

Car dyno'd 536 flywheel and 462rwhp on the Ntercooler juice! Carefull, you might get snake bitten!

FYI... As you can see, the GT-H grill and fascia is completely different.

I didn't say they were the same just that it may have given them an idea what the GT-H would look like, i.e. with no foglights and no lettering.

Note: In the August issue of "Ford Builder", the black CS6 is on the cover and there is article about the car. The car pictured still has the same grill but now has the Shelby lettering.

Jason,

It does look sweet. I used to work in a speed shop, and I never got home with anything from my paycheck left. How about you? :D

I'm going to visit Shelby in Las Vegas in December. I'll ask about the stripe thing and see what they say. I would, at least, like to put the lite yellow center stripe on it, but I could live without it if I had to.

Paleoc,

Ok, I see what you were getting at.

UNiformity. I think a yellow mustang CS6 without strips parked next to a Blue and a black CS6 with stripes would not look uniform at all but a naked yellow CS6 in dire need of some Jet black CS6 stripes. What about a white Mustang. again naked not uniform. It is the CS6 look with stripes and door stripes we all love so a white one with black or even Blue stripes would look Hot. Pass this along to Amy and the rest of the team at Shelby if they are not already reading this. Limiting the color to only silver is limiting themselves and could come back in lack of sales to shoot themselves in the foot. Loosen up the shoestrings. Bottom line is authorizing aditional colors in the stripes the money still goes to shelby in the form of $ale$. Think mrketing not Uniformity. Give the customers What they want but conform to the original design.

Just my thoughts.

Every yellow Mustang out there with stripes has black stripes. I was planning on doing a lighter shade of yellow, kind of a ghost stripe. So the options are either build a CS6 with silver stripes or no stripes. Or just do my own thing. <_< Still considering options...

Guys,

Heard the phrase, give an inch but take a mile? I know in speaking with Shelby this is not nego. Keep in mind the only Authorized colors were black and blue. I went to bat many times and recently just got all colors ok'd.

I leave saying this, i totally agree with you guys. I think there should be white, blue, black, silver. I will keep working with Shelby and see if i can gain any headway.

Hope this helps.

I dont disagree. But youll never find a Hertz car without a Gold strip! I see both sides of the coin. But with the given option there is no choice. If Shelby hadn't allowed other colors, then this wouldnt have been an issue.

On a side note, another 18 wheeler of parts is showing up next week!! Fascia's are in production as well! So watch your mailbox's for shippments.

Thanks.

Any install pics yet...anyone?

I would like to post some install pics of the rear facia, but it came in all scratched up and I have to get a quote on the repair, I also would like to post some pics of the hood, but it came in all torn up and cracked and I refused delivery, I also would like to post some pics of the free license plate holder you get with an order, but they were not in the box that was shipped to me.

But how do you mount those lights to the grille.

Anybody with a pony package grille will need to buy a regular v6 grille, does not look like it will mount to the pony package.

At least the radiator cover fit.

Archived