TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hopefully the 08 kr shelby will c9orrect weight issue....

Sssss

...like the 08 Boss Mustang has done by reducing weight alot from several complaints from stang enthusiasts request of the 07 shelby being way too heavy! http://www.mustangevolution.com/2008-boss-mustang-return/ Boss sounds very promising for 08,and I hope the 08 Shelby will follow suit. Hopefully Ford and SVT will let Carroll fix these weight problems,and add more old school retro looks,lower car,rework exhaust,tune,smaller blower pulley with twin screw s/c,different tailights(67-68 vintage ) with center exiting exhaust,cooler looking interior,...etc!!

• 4 weeks later...

Someone has a good imagination. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of hearing about this non-existent Boss. The rumors are so outrageous. And every time "news" comes out about it, the forum web site owner posts "My secret source at Ford says...". What hogwash. It's all to drive traffic to their forums, and it's a big crock. The last "rumor" cracked me up....this new Boss will be powered not by the 4.6, not by the 5.4, but the all-new 6.2! Wow, whaddya know, Ford just came up with a new engine out of it's pocket, got it certified and cleared, and is telling forum tabloids about it before telling their investors! Gimme a break.

I will tell you what my guess about the KR is (and I bet I'm not far off). Ford has already shown a GT500 with a rollbar and a metal front grill and grill hood vents. The KR, I am betting, is a R version of the GT500 just like the 2000 Cobra R. It will have a race type interior without leather, no sound proofing, no back seat, no AC, no radio, a rollbar, harness type belts, Ford Racing parts suspension (probably lowered), possibly a battery relocation to the trunk, maybe a screw-type supercharger and other engine refinements (maybe even an aluminum block). It will sell for prob around $75k (before dealer markup) and be produced in very limited numbers (200 or so). The idea being that you will be able to buy virtually a race ready car from the dealer for the dragstrip or track or be able to put it on the street (assuming no potholes, speed bumps, and a nice spring like day without any possible threat of bad weather)

What it will almost surely not have is additional retro 60's styling, fancy tailights, window scoops, center exhaust or any other non-functional window dressing.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but...

• 2 months later...

Well, historically, that's not what the KR was about. You're describing more of a street 'R'. The '68 KR had a few special markings and a small bump in horsepower. Until recently (say, the last 5 years or so), the KR was going for just a little more than a regular '500.

If Ford built a new one like the old one, it would have about a 25-30 HP bump, and that's about it.

What would I like?

Twin screw ~ 600-650 RWHP,new rods (to be safe), lowered (+ or -) an inch, 20" wheels, special badging/stripes, u/g interior (carbon fiber would be cool), u/g exhaust, additional cooling capacity. $50k-$55k price tag (before ADM)...

Leave the severe weight stripping for a Boss or R. Not that I don't disagree-- the '500 is too heavy, and the block shares part of the blame, it's just very costly when you start adding AL blocks (not production), pulling the engine apart & upgrading all the internals unless that's the way Ford produced it. It's just not reasonable unless you want to add an unreasonable cost to the car...my .02

• 2 months later...

I will tell you what my guess about the KR is (and I bet I'm not far off). Ford has already shown a GT500 with a rollbar and a metal front grill and grill hood vents. The KR, I am betting, is a R version of the GT500 just like the 2000 Cobra R. It will have a race type interior without leather, no sound proofing, no back seat, no AC, no radio, a rollbar, harness type belts, Ford Racing parts suspension (probably lowered), possibly a battery relocation to the trunk, maybe a screw-type supercharger and other engine refinements (maybe even an aluminum block). It will sell for prob around $75k (before dealer markup) and be produced in very limited numbers (200 or so). The idea being that you will be able to buy virtually a race ready car from the dealer for the dragstrip or track or be able to put it on the street (assuming no potholes, speed bumps, and a nice spring like day without any possible threat of bad weather)

What it will almost surely not have is additional retro 60's styling, fancy tailights, window scoops, center exhaust or any other non-functional window dressing.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but...

Would be nice if Ford and SVT would do one fix at least ....Upgrade the LCA bushings......good start and then get rid of the stitching on the dash that runs vertical.....all leather without stitching, would look better .

?, excuse me. i'm not much in to forums, and after reading some of these priors i remember why. my shelby gt500 was built to day, and i don't know about you but i'm more excited than a kid in a candy store! what a nice HOT car with a lot of extras at a reasonable price. now maybe if i had an unlimited budget and bank account plus an engineering i could do better.

Archived