TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Vert Pics!!!!!!!

Rarecat

I kept telling myself that I didn't want the vert. I had this whole mantra in the morning. Besides reminding myself that its not easy being me and that I love my wife I kept saying I don't like the vert.

Fast forward to last night and I see the pictures of the vert. All I have to say is "how the hell am I going to find another $5K plus extra to pay for the vert"? My friends I am in the proverbial DO-DO.

By the way, no SHELBY lettering on the trunk but it looks like there is room for it.

I kept telling myself that I didn't want the vert. I had this whole mantra in the morning. Besides reminding myself that its not easy being me and that I love my wife I kept saying I don't like the vert.

Fast forward to last night and I see the pictures of the vert. All I have to say is "how the hell am I going to find another $5K plus extra to pay for the vert"? My friends I am in the proverbial DO-DO.

By the way, no SHELBY lettering on the trunk but it looks like there is room for it.

1302[/snapback]

Yes, yes....give in to your weakness.....you know you want it... :lol:

Hey, what's another $5k??? You could always rob banks...

PS, nice mantra!

If I go with stripes, I think I'll go with ghosted ones. Just have to convince the wife that it's worthwhile (yeah, right!)...

Yes, yes....give in to your weakness.....you know you want it...  :lol:

Hey, what's another $5k???  You could always rob banks...

PS, nice mantra!

If I go with stripes, I think I'll go with ghosted ones.  Just have to convince the wife that it's worthwhile (yeah, right!)...

1307[/snapback]

I had a funny feeling you were going to be the first one catch that.

I have a large jug filled with change. Last time I checked I had like $600 in it. By now its probably close to a grand. $4000 more to go.

Does anyone need 2 slightly used children, girls ages 7 and 4. They are house broken and have their shots.. :P

LOL! Don't tell the Mrs and start landscaping on the side for the extra $$. Just tell her you finally found a dealer that will put you in one. The only catch is it's a vert. My wife's BS alarm woulds be going off big time but you gotta try. Did you try dealers in crazy out of the way places like the Dakotas or Montana?

LOL! Don't tell the Mrs and start landscaping on the side for the extra $$. Just tell her you finally found a dealer that will put you in one. The only catch is it's a vert. My wife's BS alarm woulds be going off big time but you gotta try. Did you try dealers in crazy out of the way places like the Dakotas or Montana?

Are you kidding me? She has a sixth and seventh sense... :lol:

I'm not even trying to hide it from her. I've told her that I'm buying a car but I don't know when and that when I drive up in it she can yell all she wants. I'm sure she'll get over it. I know I will the moment I step on the gas and shift into second.

Do you think they actually allow convertables in Montana?? :blink:

Are you kidding me? She has a sixth and seventh sense... :lol:

I'm not even trying to hide it from her. I've told her that I'm buying a car but I don't know when and that when I drive up in it she can yell all she wants. I'm sure she'll get over it. I know I will the moment I step on the gas and shift into second.

Do you think they actually allow convertables in Montana?? :blink:

To answer your question - yes, they do allow convertibles here in Montana. In fact my wife is driving our '88 GT convert this winter - I wish I could say she's enjoying it. Studded snow tires and 160 lbs of sand in the trunk! To make matters worse it was 16 degrees below zero this morning! Our 67 GT500 is tucked away for the winter, and hopefully next winter it will be sharing the garage with an "07 GT500. In the meantime I will be selling the GT convertible, an '87 Shelby GLHS, and a '66 7-Litre Galaxie to try to come up with a downpayment!

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody keep in mind that the January issue of Road and Track featuring the Shelby GT500 is likly not current in information or pictures. They require around three months lead time to bring a story to print. This article and the accompanying pictures were probably done in September '05. So, what you see may still not be what we get.

KingCobra.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen the vert in Torch Red so far.

But, I agree with the opinion that stripes would look good on the vert.

I know they were only on the coupe originally, but I still like it.

KingCobra.

I agree. Just look at Suds' avatar. Sweeeeet. I have never been a fan of red, either. Way too cliche...

Personally.....

with black accents and grills, I feel the details fade with the Ebony.

I'm surprised to hear me say it, because Tungsten was my first love, but I think it might not have the POP I think the car deserves.

I would have to say..... if you like dark colours, my pick would definately be Vista Blue with Tungsten Stripes.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1139279375_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1139279395_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1139279375_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1139279395_thumb.jpg

Mr S, how's that jar of change coming???? :)

Are there any other 'vert pics in another color besides RED?

We've offically tapped the jug to pay for our annual family vacation.

I thnk I may have to resort to selling bodily fluid to come up with the extra cash... :blink:

Archived