TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This i sa small peak at my latest project I just wrapped up. The actual car belonged to a local racer who was sponsored by the dealership he worked for at the time. He actually held the national record in his class with this actual car. After completing it, I presented it to him as a gift and was speechless. I've known his son since junior high and him for over a dozen years. After this car he ran a Super Cobra Jet Mustang and a Maverick, but this was the car that meant the most to him. The first photo of the actual car is at it was campaigned in early 66. Later the hood was changed, the graphics were changed and the 67 style molding was added.

fairlane2.JPG

fairlane8.JPG

franks 67 fairlane.JPG

4044.jpeg

10327.jpeg

Edited by falcongtho3
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey. Twitch43........if you are still on here..... Man that is really a nice rare collection from page 9 ...2015 ....It looks like all the models of the SGT’s under one roof. 2006,2007,2008. I would l

Posted Images

2 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

This i sa small peak at my latest project I just wrapped up. The actual car belonged to a local racer who was sponsored by the dealership he worked for at the time. He actually held the national record in his class with this actual car. After completing it, I presented it to him as a gift and was speechless. I've known his son since junior high and him for over a dozen years. After this car he ran a Super Cobra Jet Mustang and a Maverick, but this was the car that meant the most to him. The first photo of the actual car is at it was campaigned in early 66. Later the hood was changed, the graphics were changed and the 67 style molding was added.

fairlane2.JPG

fairlane8.JPG

franks 67 fairlane.JPG

4044.jpeg

10327.jpeg

Hey Falcon, thanks for sharing those cool pics of your buddies drag car from back in the day.   I love seeing all those mid-sixties drag cars that were campaigned all around the country.

Those were the days, plus a hell of a good time too!   The “Big Block Ford” squats, the front wheels come off the ground and it’s time to “Go Like Hell”!!!   It seems like I’ve herd that phrase some-where before..    :doh:       P.S. Great job on recreating your buddies drag car in your awesome model, I’m sure he was taken by surprise when you presented it to him..

It was a true 'R' code car, with the 427 2x4 bbl carbs 4 speed and 4:11s. He held the national record for his class in this car for a time. There are rumors that the car still exists, in a tail park in south LA., no less. But it could be the six cylinder donor car that gave up part to update this car to '67 specs.

18 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

It was a true 'R' code car, with the 427 2x4 bbl carbs 4 speed and 4:11s. He held the national record for his class in this car for a time. There are rumors that the car still exists, in a tail park in south LA., no less. But it could be the six cylinder donor car that gave up part to update this car to '67 specs.

Hey Falcon, cool story!  I’m thinking maybe you should go on a fun treasure hunt and search that car out, wouldn’t that be cool if it turned out to be the (Real Deal)!!   :drool:

It would , but my understanding of the area it was sighted in is a trailer park in a rough part of the town its in. Really rough, bad survival movie rough. If I had access to a good drone, I might consider a fly over, but the drone might not make it back in one piece.

17 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

It would , but my understanding of the area it was sighted in is a trailer park in a rough part of the town its in. Really rough, bad survival movie rough. If I had access to a good drone, I might consider a fly over, but the drone might not make it back in one piece.

Hey Falcon, I just might have the solution for you on your dilemma on this rough part of town.   All you have to do is call Arnold and Stallone and the rest of their rough neck group and you’ll be back in business and your problem solved, it’s really that easy!!!     :doh:     :hysterical:   Sorry bud, the devil made me do it, I watch way to much TV.   :lol:

• 1 year later...