TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For the future owner of CSM No. 06H0135 Shelby GT-H

I rented your car yesterday 7/8/06 out of the Hertz Seattle Tacoma airport location and have just returned home from returning your car. What a wonderful, once in a lifetime, thrill this was! Shelby American has done a wonderful job on this historical automobile. I took good care of your car and even washed it! I have lots of great pictures and will post one as soon as I download them and figure out how to upload here. Your car now has about 1500 miles on it . It is tight, fast and accelerates like nothing I have drive before. Your car sure got ALOT of looks yesterday! People already recognize it for what it is and what it will become.

Brent Zier

• 5 weeks later...

That truly is a beautiful car. I just picked up my '06 GT in June... Total impulse buy. Walked past the show room randomly and ended up walking in and out with signed papers 4 hours later! I'm a bit bummed that they JUST released info about this Shelby being made a production car. Would have waited for that, assuming no 5-10K markup.

So I sit ever patiently for a GT kit like the CS6.

Congrats on the rental.

That truly is a beautiful car. I just picked up my '06 GT in June... Total impulse buy. Walked past the show room randomly and ended up walking in and out with signed papers 4 hours later! I'm a bit bummed that they JUST released info about this Shelby being made a production car. Would have waited for that, assuming no 5-10K markup.

So I sit ever patiently for a GT kit like the CS6.

Congrats on the rental.

we will be making parts, we have already sourced many of them and production as started. The hood on the Gt will be different, but both hoods will be available.

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Aug 11 2006, 11:21 PM) 675[/snapback]

we will be making parts, we have already sourced many of them and production as started. The hood on the Gt will be different, but both hoods will be available.

Amy

Amy: How will this car and the other Hertz rental cars be sold? Will they be sold by Hertz or sold back to Ford dealers? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just came back from Seattle where I also rented 06H0135 also. I had the car for 4 days from 9/2/06 - 9/5/06. The car now has 4680 miles on it. I put 500 on myself!!!! Took the car up and around Mount Rainier. This car was certainly made for those twisty mountain roads. The car loves to fly fast arond all those sharp 20mph turns. I was taking them at 50 mph. Took the car up to Anacortes the second day for some sight seeing on a whale boat. The car also received a lot of looks and stares.

When I returned home I checked with my local dealer for the availability of the Shelby GT model. They told me they were scheduled to get 2 cars in. I was also told they would be charging $20,000 above sticker when the cars showed up!!!! Don't worry, I won't be shopping with those idiots anyway. Too bad that price gouging will keep many true and loyal fans from attaining these cars. Maybe Shelby should just sell these direct only and not let the dealers get their greedy hands on them. I wouldn't have a problem jumping on a plane to Vegas tomorrow to get mine.

• 2 weeks later...

When I returned home I checked with my local dealer for the availability of the Shelby GT model. They told me they were scheduled to get 2 cars in. I was also told they would be charging $20,000 above sticker when the cars showed up!!!! Don't worry, I won't be shopping with those idiots anyway. Too bad that price gouging will keep many true and loyal fans from attaining these cars. Maybe Shelby should just sell these direct only and not let the dealers get their greedy hands on them. I wouldn't have a problem jumping on a plane to Vegas tomorrow to get mine.

You shouldn't blame the dealers only... you have to blame the "gotta have it firsts" just as much. If people were not silly enough to pay the over sticker prices, then the dealers could not charge it. We all do it to ourselves

• 1 month later...

Maddmax, I have a ton of pictures of #135 if you are ever interested. It was four months ago and the memory and experience are still fresh! I was back at Seatac about the time you rented #135; it was the only one missing from the line-up at the counter. Brent

• 3 months later...

06H0135 had 1,593 miles on the odometer when I picked it up on 7/13/06 and 2,117 when I returned it 3 days later. The car was great. I enjoyed it so much I now have the Ford Racing Power Pack and a full suspension kit on my 05 Mustang GT. I've never had a rental car washed but I hand washed and towel dried the GT-H.

Here are some pictures of the car at the Mustangs Northwest 2006 Roundup. It got a lot of attention at the "Pony Trails" on Friday. It shared center stage with a 2007 GT500 and another GT-H at "The Big Show" on Sunday. 135 is the GT-H with the hood up.

Pony Trails http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Kq3ub9gm

The Big Show http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Ja9GA7Gq

2006 Roundup http://www.mustangsnorthwest.org/page6234.asp

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Bickford Ford in Snohomish, WA may be selling 06H0135. They don't list the CSM No. but it has the same license plate, 032-VFG. It's been driven 9,832 miles and the asking price is $69,995.

http://bickford-ford.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=1538241

Thanks for tehe update! I think it is funny that this car has had three board members from Seattle post here that they have driven the same car! I dont think I have seen any other posts like this. Brent, Kenmore.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for tehe update! I think it is funny that this car has had three board members from Seattle post here that they have driven the same car! I dont think I have seen any other posts like this. Brent, Kenmore.

I actually rented it last September for 3 days when I came back from my Alaska cruise. We are from NY but booked this car months in advance. It was well worth it. We had a lot of fun driving it really fast around Mt. Rainer, especially along the twisty roads.

I actually rented it last September for 3 days when I came back from my Alaska cruise. We are from NY but booked this car months in advance. It was well worth it. We had a lot of fun driving it really fast around Mt. Rainer, especially along the twisty roads.

Well, Maddmax, make that 4 of us now! And how nice of you to post on my birthday. Yikes, it was a big one this time...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Maddmax, make that 4 of us now! And how nice of you to post on my birthday. Yikes, it was a big one this time...

Do I count as 5 of us if I just drooled over his brother #031-VFG?? I was at Seatac in January and this was my first GT-H sighting. I have since seen more in my travels and saw the vert last week in Chicago Ohara. Unfortunately I have not rented one.....my companies acct dept would not let that bill pass through the system!!!

I am actually in the market for a new car and have been looking into these GT-H's for something different. That is what brought me to this site as I was trying to get more info on the cars. Nice site and great pictures of the cars being built. Neat to see it's history.....makes my decision even more difficult, get something new or something rare with a few most likely hard miles!!

12607001eh9.jpg

Do I count as 5 of us if I just drooled over his brother #031-VFG?? I was at Seatac in January and this was my first GT-H sighting. I have since seen more in my travels and saw the vert last week in Chicago Ohara. Unfortunately I have not rented one.....my companies acct dept would not let that bill pass through the system!!!

I am actually in the market for a new car and have been looking into these GT-H's for something different. That is what brought me to this site as I was trying to get more info on the cars. Nice site and great pictures of the cars being built. Neat to see it's history.....makes my decision even more difficult, get something new or something rare with a few most likely hard miles!!

12607001eh9.jpg

Go for it

Go for it

Go for it

You only live once!

Go for it

Go for it

Go for it

You only live once!

That is what the wife is telling me!!! I have been watching the cars on Ebay right now and really getting the itch. It's now or never!!! The only issue I have is I will be driving it....not a garage queen!! I use to have a 95 Cobra hartop convertible (1 of 499) and I never drove that thing! I regret it ever since as I sold it for a nice penny, but in the end I could have put alot of miles on it and got a good penny for it knowing I enjoyed the heck out of it!!

Some day a high mileage Hertz may come up for sale and although it will not have a museum piece, you will see a huge smile on my face!!

• 6 months later...
I rented your car yesterday 7/8/06 out of the Hertz Seattle Tacoma airport location and have just returned home from returning your car. What a wonderful, once in a lifetime, thrill this was! Shelby American has done a wonderful job on this historical automobile. I took good care of your car and even washed it! I have lots of great pictures and will post one as soon as I download them and figure out how to upload here. Your car now has about 1500 miles on it . It is tight, fast and accelerates like nothing I have drive before. Your car sure got ALOT of looks yesterday! People already recognize it for what it is and what it will become.

Brent Zier

Brent,

My wife and I bought 06H0135 from Bickford Motors on MLK Day last month. I would love to get copies of the photos you took while you had her out!

We truly love the car and I have been driving it to work about 50% of the time since we brought her home. Look forward to hearing from you if you're still around.

06H0135 had 1,593 miles on the odometer when I picked it up on 7/13/06 and 2,117 when I returned it 3 days later. The car was great. I enjoyed it so much I now have the Ford Racing Power Pack and a full suspension kit on my 05 Mustang GT. I've never had a rental car washed but I hand washed and towel dried the GT-H.

Here are some pictures of the car at the Mustangs Northwest 2006 Roundup. It got a lot of attention at the "Pony Trails" on Friday. It shared center stage with a 2007 GT500 and another GT-H at "The Big Show" on Sunday. 135 is the GT-H with the hood up.

Pony Trails http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Kq3ub9gm

The Big Show http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Ja9GA7Gq

2006 Roundup http://www.mustangsnorthwest.org/page6234.asp

Howdy 428CJ!

Did you rent this car and take it to Roundup in 2006? If so I would really like to chat with you off-line!

• 2 years later...

Brent,

My wife and I bought 06H0135 from Bickford Motors on MLK Day last month. I would love to get copies of the photos you took while you had her out!

We truly love the car and I have been driving it to work about 50% of the time since we brought her home. Look forward to hearing from you if you're still around.

Hi Jim!

A little late, but do you still 06H0135? I still have the pictures. I am in Kenmore, where are you?

Brent Zier

zier@comcast.net

Hi Jim!

Better late than never, do you still have 06H0135? I am in Kenmore, where are you? I still have all my pictures.

Brent Zier

zier@comcast.net

• 8 years later...

Wow, I just found this thread from 13 years ago.

Jim sold #06H0135 a couple of years ago, it now lives in Norway.

I still have those pictures from that memorable day!

I now camp out over on the 16 GT-H board - I own 16H0130 and love it!

Brent

Archived