TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby takes delivery of HIS Shelby GT500

mrmutt

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...2_articleid=120

I figured that he would get a white coupe, but the photos show it is a black 'vert. VIN # 13!

Very Tough Lookin' car!!!! WOW!!! Thanks for the link!!! If this car looks this good,...I can imagine how the kr or r model will look next year,...even more tough and cool looking with less weight, more performance, old school styling ques,lowered,etc.,....I can't wait!!!!! :D

I have been hearing about a KR. Ford is calling this the KR?

2007 shelby gt500 is not the kr,but its a nice start. We can only hope that a 2008 kr or r model shelby is coming out that's alot lighter,more performance,lowered,different hood with hood pins,steeper gearing in rear axle,old styling shelby ques of functional side scoops,functional ducts for cooling brakes, stronger exhaust note,cooler looking seats and interior,different wheels with wider rubber,and cooler looking tailights )similiar to 67-68 style,and maybe a twin screw supercharger,with a performance tune!! I'm a hopin' and prayin"!!!! ;)

2007 shelby gt500 is not the kr,but its a nice start. We can only hope that a 2008 kr or r model shelby is coming out that's alot lighter,more performance,lowered,different hood with hood pins,steeper gearing in rear axle,old styling shelby ques of functional side scoops,functional ducts for cooling brakes, stronger exhaust note,cooler looking seats and interior,different wheels with wider rubber,and cooler looking tailights )similiar to 67-68 style,and maybe a twin screw supercharger,with a performance tune!! I'm a hopin' and prayin"!!!! ;)

Yeah sounds nice but as the R models of the Cobra were always alot higher in price than the standard Cobra. I can only imagine what the stealerships would charge for a KR I see 100K as the goal. Since the Average for at GT500 is 65-70K now.

Yeah sounds nice but as the R models of the Cobra were always alot higher in price than the standard Cobra. I can only imagine what the stealerships would charge for a KR I see 100K as the goal. Since the Average for at GT500 is 65-70K now.

I can, as well as many people can find msrp on the new shelby,..so 65-70 is a joke!! Need to do your shopping out of state then! Now for an R or KR model for 08,..I wouldn't mind puttin down high 50's for a car that trashes a new Z06!! I'm not looking for something from nothing,..only a real race car for track and street with Carroll Shelby's expertise and design and performance ques!!....And yes I will get that one for msrp,..as I would never pay over msrp for any car,...period!!!! Heck,I can even get a new Ford GT supercar for msrp!!! ;)

I can, as well as many people can find msrp on the new shelby,..so 65-70 is a joke!! Need to do your shopping out of state then! Now for an R or KR model for 08,..I wouldn't mind puttin down high 50's for a car that trashes a new Z06!! I'm not looking for something from nothing,..only a real race car for track and street with Carroll Shelby's expertise and design and performance ques!!....And yes I will get that one for msrp,..as I would never pay over msrp for any car,...period!!!! Heck,I can even get a new Ford GT supercar for msrp!!! ;)

Well I have been on four lists for almost two years and have contacted over 27 dealerships all of which want at a minimum 20K over MSRP. I was hoping to get the car before I go back to the desert but may have to wait until I return ...of course then the '08s will be out by then. I love the car and have been waiting for it for a long time....so I can wait a little longer, but I have found zero that are selling for MSRP. There are a VERY few people that are good friends, repeat customers etc that have received MSRP but they are extremely rare from what I have heard on multiple boards.

Yes the car is worth the wait. No I will not pay that much over MSRP....Uncle Sam does not pay me that much. <_<

Well I have been on four lists for almost two years and have contacted over 27 dealerships all of which want at a minimum 20K over MSRP. I was hoping to get the car before I go back to the desert but may have to wait until I return ...of course then the '08s will be out by then. I love the car and have been waiting for it for a long time....so I can wait a little longer, but I have found zero that are selling for MSRP. There are a VERY few people that are good friends, repeat customers etc that have received MSRP but they are extremely rare from what I have heard on multiple boards.

Yes the car is worth the wait. No I will not pay that much over MSRP....Uncle Sam does not pay me that much. <_<

Maybe your in the wrong part of the country with greedy dealers! I locked mine in over 1 year ago with dealership owner that he would sell to me for msrp,written! I also had 2 other dealers doing the same thing back then. I'm sure glad I did my homework early!!!! ;)

Archived