TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Torch Red most popular GT500 color?

mrmutt

Make mine vista blue w/ white stripes (new kr,... with old school carroll shelby looks and performance),.also lowered,& less weight,cat backs with high flow cats,custom headers,super power pack tune,3.3L twinscrew whipple supercharger,cooler looking hood with hood pins,cooler real time old shelbygt500 tailights(67-68),small blower pulley,shelby signed plaque on dash and in registry, Functional side scoops(upper and lower),cooler looking wheels,cooler shelby interior,shelby emblem centered on rear end(like the hertz model), steeper rear end gear ratio(maybe 3.73's or 3.91's). Now that'll be A SHELBY!!!!!!! ;) :D

Make mine vista blue w/ white stripes (new kr,... with old school carroll shelby looks and performance),.also lowered,& less weight,cat backs with high flow cats,custom headers,super power pack tune,3.3L twinscrew whipple supercharger,cooler looking hood with hood pins,cooler real time old shelbygt500 tailights(67-68),small blower pulley,shelby signed plaque on dash and in registry, Functional side scoops(upper and lower),cooler looking wheels,cooler shelby interior,shelby emblem centered on rear end(like the hertz model), steeper rear end gear ratio(maybe 3.73's or 3.91's). Now that'll be A SHELBY!!!!!!! ;) :D

Hey, VenomSnake, I like the way you think! That is exactly a SHelby. It would seem that could conceiveably be packaged for around $50K (if an integrated build from Ford as opposed to a SHelby rebuild). However, if a Shelby (re)build (off a GT500 base), then there might be the possibility of some serious weight shedding maybe, which would be soo nice. Anyhow, I think your summary of what a Shelby should be is sooo right-on! ;-)

Hey, VenomSnake, I like the way you think! That is exactly a SHelby. It would seem that could conceiveably be packaged for around $50K (if an integrated build from Ford as opposed to a SHelby rebuild). However, if a Shelby (re)build (off a GT500 base), then there might be the possibility of some serious weight shedding maybe, which would be soo nice. Anyhow, I think your summary of what a Shelby should be is sooo right-on! ;-)

Thank you brother,..and I'm hoping Carroll feels the same way for next years possible kr! ;)...and I would pay 50k for a real shelby like that! ;)

You guys realize that the KR's were not built by Shelby don't you? A "real" Shelby should be stripped down of unessentials, crude, and unrefined. And a true joy to drive.

robin

Well,.. I wasn't talking about the original but the possible new one of next year,(that he will do!!)...But one thing is for sure ,the new technology is alot better and faster than the originals!! Now if I can get the look of the old like I mentioned in my other post with todays power train,...watch out, it'll be the ultimate factory shelby gt500!!!! ;)

Archived