TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production upate??

boggs47

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Jul 22 2006, 01:35 AM) 515[/snapback]

[color=#FF0000]All, There must be clarification here. These are not cars built by Shelby Las vegas, and although they are kits designed by my team, these will not be in the Shelby registry that is done by SAAC. I don't want confusion here. Shelby dist USA will keep a list or log, or even registry, but it is seperate and it is called the Shelby proformance parts. This also only applies to those that buy the complete kit. And that kit currently is for 6 cyc only. Although the parts all fit a 8 cyc, the supercharger is not yet released. When it is, the kit will then be available offically for 8's[/color]

Amy

The kit will then be available officially for 8's ... theres my dream words right there that is exactly what I was looking to hear any idea how long or when or the eta on this? Also I'm assuming that the kit will also be cheaper due to the fact that it's won't need several of the parts that the cs6 needs so I was wondering what the approximate estimated price for that would be.

chris

:( I haven't posted a comment in quite a while, but I have to say that this huge lag in the production and availability of these parts has caused me to cool quite a bit from my initial excitement over the production of the CS6.

Honestly (and I bet I am not alone) I was ready to spend mass cash to convert my ride to a full-on CS6 back early in the year. Now that August has arrived - still no parts on the shelf. With the production lags, the fact that SA is not directly building, distributing or certifying CS6 builds, and (Did I mention production lags?) along with all the other aftermarket companies either catching up with or passing Shelby in producing cool high quality aftermarket performance parts for my V-6, I find my eyes and wallet wandering elsewhere.

No offense guys, and I know that it probably couldn't be helped, but in sales, the buzz is what moves the product. I think the CS6 Buzz has died. Maybe it will pick up as folks start completing their cars and we see some on the street and in magazines etc, but I am quite disappointed in the CS6 right now. I'm probably going to leave my V-6 convertible as it is and buy a GT to modify. I dunno, I may change my mind, but If there are any others out there who feel like I do, this may be the place to let Amy, Rich & the other folks know. Nothing can change what has happened, but I am disappointed in Shelby Autos right now. :angry:

Drew

Drew,

I'm saddened to hear you say that. But I can tell you this, ORDERS ARE SHIPPING EVERYONE! Let the mayhem begin. Drew, sometimes things don’t always fall into play as quickly as they should. But as being an outsider and be able to look inside, it blows me away how hard the Shelby Team works. I don’t think Amy, Gary or any of the other folks at Shelby actually sleep. I've spoken to them a wee hours of the night, early in the morning and so forth. They've been working around the clock to make this happen. And there are things that have transpired that have caused delays beyond anyone’s control. As for the buzz you speak of, man if you could only be here to man the phones. We've taken and handled over 4,000 calls and nearly 1600 emails on this in the last 4 weeks. Our website has seen 40,000 unique hits in July. Ill assure you the BUZZZZZ is alive and inspireing us all here. Now that it is reality I've had magazine after magazine coming to our Corporate Headquarters wanting to interview and shoot these cars than I can count. Asking which enthusiast will have complete cars that they can feature and what not. They're will be 6+ of these on display at SEMA that we know of. Trust me; this is the MOST exciting Mustang event to date on the late model Mustang scene. Come on Drew, we are living the legend right along with Shelby!

We are receiving 100's of parts as trucks will be delivering constantly over the next few months just to catch up on pending orders. So there is no shortage of excitement let me assure you that.

My advise, get re-motivated, and be apart of the Shelby history in the making! Opportunities like this don’t always happen.

Like Drew, I am disappointed in the turn the CS6 has taken.

When it was announced last Fall, I immediately signed onboard. It had been announced that Shelby Autos would be building the CS6 converions. Bring them your Mustang, and they will give you a Shelby.

As the concept developed, Shelby Autos got busy building GT-H's and the CS6 became a do-it-yourself kit. While it is important to supply upgrade parts to the masses, there is a longing for true complete Shelby built vehicle. The CS6 looked like it could be the new GLH-S. For the first time in my life, I was thinking of owning a Ford.

If Shelby Autos ever decides to build these cars complete, my excitement will be rekindled. If not, I will keep enjoying the Shelby vehicles of the past.

robin

Like Drew, I am disappointed in the turn the CS6 has taken.

When it was announced last Fall, I immediately signed onboard. It had been announced that Shelby Autos would be building the CS6 converions. Bring them your Mustang, and they will give you a Shelby.

As the concept developed, Shelby Autos got busy building GT-H's and the CS6 became a do-it-yourself kit. While it is important to supply upgrade parts to the masses, there is a longing for true complete Shelby built vehicle. The CS6 looked like it could be the new GLH-S. For the first time in my life, I was thinking of owning a Ford.

If Shelby Autos ever decides to build these cars complete, my excitement will be rekindled. If not, I will keep enjoying the Shelby vehicles of the past.

robin

For a very long time, I had the same opinion and then emails with Amy and Jason got me to thinking. It was nothing they said in particular, but it gave me a chance to sit back and analyze exactly what I wanted. If Shelby was to build the car, I would have ended up with a Garage Queen, a beautiful car to look at, but not to touch. Any changes, modifications or additions to the car would lower its value and bring disapproving looks and head shakes from all the Shelby "purists". The car would go nowhere other than the occasional show. I remember going to a major Ford show. One guy had brought a couple of beautiful, original condition GT500's. I watched as he prepared to leave. He fired up one to put on his transporter trailer. The car smoked like an old diesel truck. Why, because the car never gets driven. A few feet out of his air conditioned garage and then onto the trailer, to the show and then back home again. Now I have nothing against this but this is not how I want my car to be. I want to be able to drive mine on good weather trips to work, occasional outings in the country side and even 'driven' to the occasional car show. I wanted to be able to add headers and other items and not have some old cranky guy shaking his head, pointing at them and saying "Look what he did to his car." If you want a purist car (and again I have nothing against them and they certainly have their place in the world), here is your opportunity to buy a Shelby Mustang GT. If you want something in the style of the original mustangs - tinker with, adjust and drive - then buy a CS6 kit.

so did the orders start shipping yet???

Don't hold your breath, I don't think we will see anything until beginning of September, when I am done I will be able to put her to bed for the winter. So much for cruising this summer. :(

Don't hold your breath, I don't think we will see anything until beginning of September, when I am done I will be able to put her to bed for the winter. So much for cruising this summer. :(

I am sure they are working as hard as they can, I am just disappointed, did not mean to rag on any one.

Archived