TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500 officially 500hp

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_dis...m?release=23327

It went from 450, to 475, to 500. Should be the fastest factory produced $40,000 car out there.....if you can buy one for $40,000. :D

It might even have more being that they usually rate them conservatively. Plus that is the rating with a limited amount of "Boost",about 8 or 9 lbs. It probably won't take much to see 600 hp with very little mods.

• 1 month later...

It might even have more being that they usually rate them conservatively. Plus that is the rating with a limited amount of "Boost",about 8 or 9 lbs. It probably won't take much to see 600 hp with very little mods.

I spoke to a Ford GT500 rep in late April who told me it's 525 at the crank and 475 at the rear wheels. He also mentioned that when the blower is overdriven from 8.5 to 12psi boost, crankHP is near 650 and that the drivetrain is good to 650HP without bottom-end engine mods -- he implied that was the design point and that Ford will be leaving most of that to the aftermarket.

I would expect that you'll see fully engineered kits from select partners being introduced at SEMA (specialty equipment marketing asociation) this fall in Las Vegas that will include all hardware and the necessary reflash for the Spanish Oak chip to make it easy to re-tune for the changes. Reflashes will probably be necessary for most any change, even simple ones, since the management systems on these motors are very sophisticated. As an example, sometimes just changing to a different air filter, ducting and mufflers on a 'stang GT can force the computer to default to 'limp-home' mode if the system isn't reflashed to accommodate the improvements.

I expect FRPP (Ford Racing and Performance Products) will also be offering plenty of goodies in the not to distant future for the GT and GT500, as well as fully integrated crate motors with FI and full electronics for racing, rods & customs, etc.

I spoke to a Ford GT500 rep in late April who told me it's 525 at the crank and 475 at the rear wheels. He also mentioned that when the blower is overdriven from 8.5 to 12psi boost, crankHP is near 650 and that the drivetrain is good to 650HP without bottom-end engine mods -- he implied that was the design point and that Ford will be leaving most of that to the aftermarket.

I would expect that you'll see fully engineered kits from select partners being introduced at SEMA (specialty equipment marketing asociation) this fall in Las Vegas that will include all hardware and the necessary reflash for the Spanish Oak chip to make it easy to re-tune for the changes. Reflashes will probably be necessary for most any change, even simple ones, since the management systems on these motors are very sophisticated. As an example, sometimes just changing to a different air filter, ducting and mufflers on a 'stang GT can force the computer to default to 'limp-home' mode if the system isn't reflashed to accommodate the improvements.

I expect FRPP (Ford Racing and Performance Products) will also be offering plenty of goodies in the not to distant future for the GT and GT500, as well as fully integrated crate motors with FI and full electronics for racing, rods & customs, etc.

Well ,you want factory mods and upgrades from Ford's factory race program already available for the new GT500.....how this for a start?!! I posted this 1 time before,but here it goes:

1) GT500 BOLT-ON Speedparts! "There will be a 'Power Pack' that will increase blower boost and add exhaust and air intake enhancements. A GT500 specific 'Drag Pack' is the Power Pack plus, headers, a new rear gear, and a shifter. The 'Handling Pack' will lower the car an inch and include adjustable shocks & strutes. Then there's a s'Super Pack' a blower upgrade to a 3.3L Whipple twin-screw huffer"

2.) FRPP is also developing a driveshaft kit, brake pad upgrades, and a brake duct cooling kit.

3.)Easily a very low 11's car with mods! ;)

Well ,you want factory mods and upgrades from Ford's factory race program already available for the new GT500.....how this for a start?!! I posted this 1 time before,but here it goes:

1) GT500 BOLT-ON Speedparts! "There will be a 'Power Pack' that will increase blower boost and add exhaust and air intake enhancements. A GT500 specific 'Drag Pack' is the Power Pack plus, headers, a new rear gear, and a shifter. The 'Handling Pack' will lower the car an inch and include adjustable shocks & strutes. Then there's a s'Super Pack' a blower upgrade to a 3.3L Whipple twin-screw huffer"

2.) FRPP is also developing a driveshaft kit, brake pad upgrades, and a brake duct cooling kit.

3.)Easily a very low 11's car with mods! ;)

Now that's gettin' with the program! ;-)

But I think you'll also see more basic pulley/catback/reflashes too for under $1000... a lot of folks will go that way (heck the 3.3L Whipple, great as it is, is $9K alone!

Now that's gettin' with the program! ;-)

But I think you'll also see more basic pulley/catback/reflashes too for under $1000... a lot of folks will go that way (heck the 3.3L Whipple, great as it is, is $9K alone!

That's very true,however its nice to know that its there,if soo persuaded! ;)

Archived