TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Series 1 owners out there ?

csx5217

I just purchased a Shelby Series 1 ,CSX 5217. I love the car and think it is the best looking Shelby ever. I went to the "Shelby Series 1 Owners Club" website, but no one is home there, except for a guy trying to sell me an engine <_< . So if anyone knows of a place where owners can swap info....let me know.Tom

I just purchased a Shelby Series 1 ,CSX 5217. I love the car and think it is the best looking Shelby ever. I went to the "Shelby Series 1 Owners Club" website, but no one is home there, except for a guy trying to sell me an engine <_< . So if anyone knows of a place where owners can swap info....let me know.Tom

welcome tom, we are redoing our sites. There are many good shelby sites out there as well. Do register on the owners forum though.

Amy

Tom-

I have been a long subscriber to the "SDML", Shelby Dodge mailing list. Its been quite useful for myself in securing information, boost numbers, parts, etc. Currently on there looking for a decent 86 GLHS to come up (hint hint :lol: ).

basically you sign up and when people post it comes to your mailbox as a group mailing. Give it a look at www.sdml.com

By the way, the CSX is a great looking car, as well check out the CSX's here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/794350

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Tom,

I just purchased a Series 1 as well. It's at the dealers in Houston right now, prepping for shipment. It's unit #207 and has just over 5K miles on it. She is silver with the red stripe. Does anyone know how many where made with this paint scheme? Adam

post-142-1130201581_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all: I am the new proud owner of CSX5208, silver with full orange stripes, 438 miles! I just registered with the Shelby owners site as well as with the Shelby Series 1 Owner's Club. Any other groups or clubs (besides SAAC) I should contact/join?

I have a few questions, does any one have an owners manual I can copy? Did the Series 1 come with a lug nut socket, and if so, where is it stored? My car came without the Kevlar engine cover (attachment holes have never had screws attached). Was it common to not receive this piece? Anyone have one to sell? Does any aftermarket company make the carbon fiber dash kit?

I'm so excited, I love this car!

Best regards, Dennis from Phily.

The only advice would be to steer clear of Dr Roth.

Hello all: I am the new proud owner of CSX5208, silver with full orange stripes, 438 miles! I just registered with the Shelby owners site as well as with the Shelby Series 1 Owner's Club. Any other groups or clubs (besides SAAC) I should contact/join?

I have a few questions, does any one have an owners manual I can copy? Did the Series 1 come with a lug nut socket, and if so, where is it stored? My car came without the Kevlar engine cover (attachment holes have never had screws attached). Was it common to not receive this piece? Anyone have one to sell? Does any aftermarket company make the carbon fiber dash kit?

I'm so excited, I love this car!

Best regards, Dennis from Phily.

Badboss..The car sounds great. Mine is silver w/dark blue full stripes,carbon dash.....2500 miles.Open the passenger door and look at the carbon fibre piece on the side of the dash. It looks like a fuse box door but the owners manual is there...if not I can copy mine and mail it to you.I did not look for the lug nut socket yet...will let you know. Mine does have a kevlar engine cover but no kevlar on the inside of the hood...as some did.You may want to look into a 3m clear bra if you plan to drive the car...it is too much fun not to run it once in a while. I had a few front end chips so I had a certified 3m shop do the front and it is great.You can not tell it is on but no more rock chips!!! Later.Tom

The only advice would be to steer clear of Dr Roth.

Is this the guy who runs the Owners Club website?

post-142-1130201699_thumb.jpg

Hello Tom, congrats on obtaining your Series 1! I totally agree with you that these are great cars, and some fun to drive! I struck out looking for the owners manual, definitely not inside the side panel. I would gladly pay your photo copy and mailing costs to obtain the manual, or better still can you scan and email to me at dpitzer@ikon.com? How comprehensive is this thing? Does it identify if a lug socket is included, and if so, where located? I tried calling Shelby American, but can't get anyone to call me back...reading all the back threads on the Shelby Series 1 Owner's Club website this appears to be a normal S.A. response to customer inquiries. FYI, Dr. Ivar Roth is the Shelby Series 1 Owner's Club Editor and has provided thoughtful responses to my inquiries. I don't understand why he should he be "avoided"?

Hello Tom, congrats on obtaining your Series 1! I totally agree with you that these are great cars, and some fun to drive! I struck out looking for the owners manual, definitely not inside the side panel. I would gladly pay your photo copy and mailing costs to obtain the manual, or better still can you scan and email to me at dpitzer@ikon.com? How comprehensive is this thing? Does it identify if a lug socket is included, and if so, where located? I tried calling Shelby American, but can't get anyone to call me back...reading all the back threads on the Shelby Series 1 Owner's Club website this appears to be a normal S.A. response to customer inquiries. FYI, Dr. Ivar Roth is the Shelby Series 1 Owner's Club Editor and has provided thoughtful responses to my inquiries. I don't understand why he should he be "avoided"?

That was "The Deacon" who said to avoid Roth...but I have found that Amy and the rest of Shelby American have been great about responding to my questions.Tom

Dennis, I have a lug nut wrench that fits my wheels...it was in the center console.It has the number "10566" stamped on the head. Maybe if you contact American Racing Wheels they can locate this part. I tried to have the book copied at Kinkos but they would not do it w/o a letter from Shelby American...they said it might be a copyright violation ! Damn lawyers. Anyhow I will ask my legal secretary to copy it at the office.Tom

Dale Simmons is our Series 1 warranty guy and he should be able to assist you with the questions you're asking. Email him at dales@shelbyautos.com or call him during normal business hours at 702-942-7325.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

• 1 year later...

Hi, can anyone tell me how much the Shelby Series 1 are going for? Are there any available for sell? Is there a spec sheet available? I will need an automatic. (This posted by Dorothy, Bruce's other half...) Thanks. Dorothy

Hi, can anyone tell me how much the Shelby Series 1 are going for? Are there any available for sell? Is there a spec sheet available? I will need an automatic. (This posted by Dorothy, Bruce's other half...) Thanks. Dorothy

I have one and would expect a very good example to be worth over 100K. There are no automatics.

welcome guys, I have a Series 1 as well and I have always thought it is the best Shelby!...

Mine is silver with a blue stripe. thinking of changing the color. please post piuctures, I would love to see them!

Amy

I was waiting for you to chime in Amy

We rallied with your Series 1 for about 200 miles during the bullrun, it was my wife's favorite car :dreamy: all weekend and this was after seeing hundreds of Shelbys :banghead:

100_0900.jpg

100_0860.jpg

100_0872.jpg

welcome guys, I have a Series 1 as well and I have always thought it is the best Shelby!...

Mine is silver with a blue stripe. thinking of changing the color. please post piuctures, I would love to see them!

Amy

• 8 months later...

Amy

Amy, It's been a while...but I still have/love my Series 1 (silver w/dark blue stripe). I am thinking about the Vegas Bash but do not want to ship my car from Atlanta.....Do you know if any Shelby "rentals" are available for the track/cruise.Tom

• 1 month later...

Archived