TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford & Shelby are at it again

svtbird91

This is such a depressing day. What's with all the stupid rumors on the so-called news sites? None of this stuff means anything, and all it does is frustrate the Mustang market, causing buyers to hold out for the specialty models.

I paid my local Ford dealer a visit today, and lo and behold, the sign is different. No longer an SVT-certified Penske-owned dealership, it's now under management by a local company. I didn't recognize a single sales person on the lot, let alone the manager. They were absolutely clueless. I mentioned that I was stopping by to see if they had any news on my GT500--since I'm first on their list--and the manager said "Well, I wouldn't worry about it right now, since it isn't coming out until Spring-2007."

My jaw dropped. Of course, this guy's just an idiot, and doesn't know what he's talking about. But given that, I'm very worried about the possibility of actually taking delivery of my GT500 now. With Penske's good scruples no longer in the picture, this new locally-owned dealer might just decide to ratchet the price on me by $5-10k. I told this guy that I am first on the list because I put the money down on March 23, 2005, before most people had even heard of the new GT500, and I decided to support my local dealer instead of going downtown to a large dealership.

Then I see these rumors about the demise of SVT....what a depressing day. Wouldn't it have been wiser for Ford to at least get the last "SVT"-badged vehicle out before canning the division that's building these cars? Suffice it to say, I might be in the market for some kind of freaking Mustang this year...I just don't know what, with all these stupid rumors floating around. These web sites need to stop wasting everyone's time with their frivloous made-up news from "sources" and posting PhotoShop photos of fake GT350s. Give me a break. As we learned this year, the New York Auto Show is where Ford announces many of these new cars, and that is the start of a year-long development cycle. I'm sick and tired of the "news" and all the talk...like many Ford fans, I'm ready to buy a new specialty Mustang. Where are they?

Even this fabled CS6 now looks more like marketing and vaporware. 8-12 weeks on parts, with no documentation, and no in-house built vehicles. I might just need to go visit Rousch. From the looks of their web site, Rousch has already taken over development of Mustangs, F-150s, and Focus performance models from SVT. If the rumor is true that SVT outsourced to Rousch in the first place...this web site sure seems to back it up: http://www.roushperf.com/vehicles.shtml.

This is such a depressing day. What's with all the stupid rumors on the so-called news sites? None of this stuff means anything, and all it does is frustrate the Mustang market, causing buyers to hold out for the specialty models.

I paid my local Ford dealer a visit today, and lo and behold, the sign is different. No longer an SVT-certified Penske-owned dealership, it's now under management by a local company. I didn't recognize a single sales person on the lot, let alone the manager. They were absolutely clueless. I mentioned that I was stopping by to see if they had any news on my GT500--since I'm first on their list--and the manager said "Well, I wouldn't worry about it right now, since it isn't coming out until Spring-2007."

My jaw dropped. Of course, this guy's just an idiot, and doesn't know what he's talking about. But given that, I'm very worried about the possibility of actually taking delivery of my GT500 now. With Penske's good scruples no longer in the picture, this new locally-owned dealer might just decide to ratchet the price on me by $5-10k. I told this guy that I am first on the list because I put the money down on March 23, 2005, before most people had even heard of the new GT500, and I decided to support my local dealer instead of going downtown to a large dealership.

Then I see these rumors about the demise of SVT....what a depressing day. Wouldn't it have been wiser for Ford to at least get the last "SVT"-badged vehicle out before canning the division that's building these cars? Suffice it to say, I might be in the market for some kind of freaking Mustang this year...I just don't know what, with all these stupid rumors floating around. These web sites need to stop wasting everyone's time with their frivloous made-up news from "sources" and posting PhotoShop photos of fake GT350s. Give me a break. As we learned this year, the New York Auto Show is where Ford announces many of these new cars, and that is the start of a year-long development cycle. I'm sick and tired of the "news" and all the talk...like many Ford fans, I'm ready to buy a new specialty Mustang. Where are they?

Even this fabled CS6 now looks more like marketing and vaporware. 8-12 weeks on parts, with no documentation, and no in-house built vehicles. I might just need to go visit Rousch. From the looks of their web site, Rousch has already taken over development of Mustangs, F-150s, and Focus performance models from SVT. If the rumor is true that SVT outsourced to Rousch in the first place...this web site sure seems to back it up: http://www.roushperf.com/vehicles.shtml.

WELL COBRA FAN, I am sorry for your disapointment. Your right there are a lot of rumors. But the CS 6 parts are coming, we will have all parts by June, it has taken a while for us as werrebuild our company and learn how to make arts and source out parts. But the CS 6 parts are coming. And there is an unvale in Ny and its a car being built in Vegas. not at Ford. hang in, all good rumors come true ;)

Amy

Possible GT350 to be at NYIAS in April. Not sure what engine. Also word is out on a limited production GT350H /black + gold Hertz rental car with 320 hp. History repeats itself. B)

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews/st-06_shelbys.htm

http://www.thechromepony.com/News-03-24-06.html

Ford and Shelby at it again....I like the sound of that!

• 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Mar 29 2006, 11:26 PM) 81[/snapback]

WELL COBRA FAN, I am sorry for your disapointment. Your right there are a lot of rumors. But the CS 6 parts are coming, we will have all parts by June, it has taken a while for us as werrebuild our company and learn how to make arts and source out parts. But the CS 6 parts are coming. And there is an unvale in Ny and its a car being built in Vegas. not at Ford. hang in, all good rumors come true ;)

Amy

New Ford shelby gt350hertz spy photos,being tested!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Mar 29 2006, 11:26 PM) 81[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy

New Ford shelby gt350hertz spy photos,being tested!

wow, cool photo's haven't seen those

:angry:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 9 2006, 09:29 PM) 114[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

wow, cool photo's haven't seen those

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/videostemp/gth1bbm.wmv http://www.stangsunleashed.com/videostemp/gth2td3.wmv

quote] well here's my take. if ford wants to go forward then produce these cars in greater #s. the demand is there so sell it.why all the low productions? isn't the idea to sell cars? even if they kept #s low more people could at least have a chance to get one.i understand collectability but for some they won't be around long enough for it to matter.who wants to wait until there used and abused and wait in a long line only to find it to be too expensive to buy even if you could get it.ford stop teasing and start producing. btw why is the shelby letters on the trunk spread out on the 350 as opposed to on the left side on the 500?

Thats because the hertz is done by Shelby,soo the lettering is correct! The gt500 is done by svt,and IMO, ford needed to go to carroll shelby instead,too get real shelby styled and performance ques on the new gt500!

I couldn't agee with you more! Unless they did ,and Shelby didn't want them to copy his CS6 design.

I couldn't agee with you more! Unless they did ,and Shelby didn't want them to copy his CS6 design.

Na,..its strickly a svt product,probably not even in the shelby registry! The CS6 is more West Coast customs influenced look,not Carroll's! I'm sure it was a shrewed business deal on carroll's part!(looks alittle to ricey look for me) If carroll and company actually did the whole project on the '07 gt500,it would have had less weight,more performance,styling ques like the 67-67 gt500 with side scoops,different tailights,lowered body similiar to the new hertz he just done,cooler interior,hood pins,cooler looking hood,etc! I don't know how ford screwed up on this one. Don't get me wrong,..I do like the 500 hp,...but the overall car would have been soo much improved! Take a look at the hertz model with hood pins,side scoops,correct shelby lettering, hi=perf x-pipe with cat-backs,overall car is lowered soo it don't need ridiculous looking 19'',20'' wheels on it,..etc. I know that it has to fit in ford pecking order for their mustang,..starting with the gt500 and working it way down,...but man I would have loved to see a real carroll shelby influenced new gt500! I could only pray that maybe there will be a limited edition GT500 KR model that ford will allow Carroll too work his magic!!!!

Na,..its strickly a svt product,probably not even in the shelby registry! The CS6 is more West Coast customs influenced look,not Carroll's! I'm sure it was a shrewed business deal on carroll's part!(looks alittle to ricey look for me) If carroll and company actually did the whole project on the '07 gt500,it would have had less weight,more performance,styling ques like the 67-67 gt500 with side scoops,different tailights,lowered body similiar to the new hertz he just done,cooler interior,hood pins,cooler looking hood,etc! I don't know how ford screwed up on this one. Don't get me wrong,..I do like the 500 hp,...but the overall car would have been soo much improved! Take a look at the hertz model with hood pins,side scoops,correct shelby lettering, hi=perf x-pipe with cat-backs,overall car is lowered soo it don't need ridiculous looking 19'',20'' wheels on it,..etc. I know that it has to fit in ford pecking order for their mustang,..starting with the gt500 and working it way down,...but man I would have loved to see a real carroll shelby influenced new gt500! I could only pray that maybe there will be a limited edition GT500 KR model that ford will allow Carroll too work his magic!!!!

The CS6 is gorgeous. If I can't afford the GT500 I have on order, I'm going to do something weird because that's 15 months of eager anticipation that will need an outlet. :) I agree on the GT500 hood....it's just plain ugly. The prototype hinted at 60's-era hood signal indicators. But the plastic plugs look like A/C vents. The GT500 comes with 18" wheels, x-pipe, and improved exhaust. The funny thing is, this new GT500 already has more power than the old KR, so it already IS the KR! But since it's so darned heavy, it should be called KD---king of the drag strip, because that car will be poor at the corners, regardless of SVT tuning.

The CS6 is gorgeous. If I can't afford the GT500 I have on order, I'm going to do something weird because that's 15 months of eager anticipation that will need an outlet. :) I agree on the GT500 hood....it's just plain ugly. The prototype hinted at 60's-era hood signal indicators. But the plastic plugs look like A/C vents. The GT500 comes with 18" wheels, x-pipe, and improved exhaust. The funny thing is, this new GT500 already has more power than the old KR, so it already IS the KR! But since it's so darned heavy, it should be called KD---king of the drag strip, because that car will be poor at the corners, regardless of SVT tuning.

For me cs6 is ok. I want to see a modern day 07-08 gt500kr done by carroll shelby,not svt or west coast customs,per my other posts!!! It'll be alot meaner and tougher looking with less weight and even better performance!!!

For me cs6 is ok. I want to see a modern day 07-08 gt500kr done by carroll shelby,not svt or west coast customs,per my other posts!!! It'll be alot meaner and tougher looking with less weight and even better performance!!!

well , you know, 2008 isthe 40th anniversary of the KR.......

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 16 2006, 07:36 PM) 147[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

well , you know, 2008 isthe 40th anniversary of the KR.......

Amy I'm in love with you,...if this comes true!!!! :)

LOL....... :D

Time will tell................

Remeber back in the day, people were renting the Hertz cars and yanking the engines out of em, I bet for sure before they go out on lease they will check the engine when it comes back this time. Heck for that matter, those hertz cars might end up trailor queens..set aside or not avaliable to be rented out, by some manager at Hertz wanting to buy it himslef, LOL.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 18 2006, 09:07 PM) 155[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

LOL....... :D

Time will tell................

I'm hoping and praying Amy! ;)

Lots of new stuff coming from Shelby Autos. We finished our first Hertz cars, and it couldn't have gone better. Hang in there :rolleyes:

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 20 2006, 07:01 PM) 164[/snapback]

Lots of new stuff coming from Shelby Autos. We finished our first Hertz cars, and it couldn't have gone better. Hang in there :rolleyes:

I will!! It'll give me until next year too save for my real Carroll Shelby influenced GT500KR,...not something from svt,..only using his name! I know if carroll and you guys Amy do it,...it'll be one very sexy hott,mean lookin' shelby(like the old days) and in the registry,...YESSssss!! ;)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 20 2006, 07:01 PM) 164[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I will!! It'll give me until next year too save for my real Carroll Shelby influenced GT500KR,...not something from svt,..only using his name! I know if carroll and you guys Amy do it,...it'll be one very sexy hott,mean lookin' shelby(like the old days) and in the registry,...YESSssss!! ;)

It will be all that and more, but don't diss SVt, they do wonderful stuff, it's hard to create and be creative in such a big company. The GT500 is a very cool and sexy car and SVT should be proud. All the guys at Ford are terrific, without them, we wouldn't have had the Hertz deal.

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 20 2006, 09:02 PM) 166[/snapback]

It will be all that and more, but don't diss SVt, they do wonderful stuff, it's hard to create and be creative in such a big company. The GT500 is a very cool and sexy car and SVT should be proud. All the guys at Ford are terrific, without them, we wouldn't have had the Hertz deal.

Amy

That's true,svt has done alot for Ford and I think its great all the work they have done on the 07 gt500,and I congratulate them all,...but I still can't wait until Carroll and you Amy,along with the rest of the elite team from Shelby,...put the "magical touches on the "08 KR",to take it to another level of excitement! ;) It's a great combination!! Keep up the good work Ford and svt,.....and please let carroll and co. put the extra needed flavor to my baby!! ;)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 20 2006, 09:02 PM) 166[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy

That's true,svt has done alot for Ford and I think its great all the work they have done on the 07 gt500,and I congratulate them all,...but I still can't wait until Carroll and you Amy,along with the rest of the elite team from Shelby,...put the "magical touches on the "08 KR",to take it to another level of excitement! ;) It's a great combination!! Keep up the good work Ford and svt,.....and please let carroll and co. put the extra needed flavor to my baby!! ;)

what ever we do at Shelby autos will be with the cooperation , help, guidence and partnership of Ford, ford racing and SVT. what better combination for team is there? :)

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 22 2006, 04:27 PM) 174[/snapback]

what ever we do at Shelby autos will be with the cooperation , help, guidence and partnership of Ford, dord racing and SVT. what better combination for team is there? :)

No better team at all AMY,...the true missing elite part of the team has been added....The man himself,....Carroll Shelby,..Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! I can see my '08 kr now Amy,...WOW!!! :D

Take a look at the hertz model with hood pins,side scoops,correct shelby lettering, hi=perf x-pipe with cat-backs,overall car is lowered soo it don't need ridiculous looking 19'',20'' wheels on it,..etc.

The Hertz car was a collaborative effort in the vein of the GT500. You do realize that Ford supplied the X-pipe, axleback muffler system, and the suspension pieces which lowered the car (Ford Racing Performance "power pack" and "handling pack").

People may dog the style of the GT500 hood, for example, but those extractor vents are needed for cooling and aerodynamic purposes. They also appear to perform the important task of keeping rain out of the engine bay, something the concept vents would not have done. Those would have chaneled water on top of the engine!

I think the current relationship between Ford and Shelby Autos is similar to the original back in the 60s, with the added benefits of current engineering capabilities and manufacturing scale that would not have been possible then. In today's highly competitive automotive industry, this partnership produces efforts which benefits both companies, as well as builds on the experience each brings to the table. I am sure Amy would confirm that.

The Hertz car was a collaborative effort in the vein of the GT500. You do realize that Ford supplied the X-pipe, axleback muffler system, and the suspension pieces which lowered the car (Ford Racing Performance "power pack" and "handling pack").

People may dog the style of the GT500 hood, for example, but those extractor vents are needed for cooling and aerodynamic purposes. They also appear to perform the important task of keeping rain out of the engine bay, something the concept vents would not have done. Those would have chaneled water on top of the engine!

I think the current relationship between Ford and Shelby Autos is similar to the original back in the 60s, with the added benefits of current engineering capabilities and manufacturing scale that would not have been possible then. In today's highly competitive automotive industry, this partnership produces efforts which benefits both companies, as well as builds on the experience each brings to the table. I am sure Amy would confirm that.

Tony, I agree one hundred percent! :)

Personally nothing would make me happier than a modern GT350, especially with the following:

1. A N/A version of the GT500's 5.4L with an aluminum block. That would mean 380+hp and less weight in the front. (I would prefer a N/A engine over, say, the '03/'04 SVT Cobra's 4.6L DOHC supercharged engine because insurance would be lower, atleast here in NJ.)

2. It should be lighter weight than the GT500, and preferably atleast as light as the GT version. I love the GT500, but at 4000+ lbs it's too heavy (In my opinion anyway).

3. It should have the GT500's suspension or better, it needs to be just as good around a road course as it is at the drag strip.

If It came out like that I would buy one in a second. Right now I'm holding onto my money waiting, with the hope of a great GT350/Mach 1/Boss coming out soon. The GT500 is nice, but with dealer markups and such the price is going to be insane (so much for the affordable muscle car, every dealer I've talked to wants $10,000+ over MSRP if they can get one) and it will be impossible to insure here in NJ (They wanted $9,000 to insure my fathers '03 SVT Cobra, it took him two weeks to find someone who would insure it [now he's paying $3,500].....and he's 50 with a perfect record).

<_<

If It came out like that I would buy one in a second. Right now I'm holding onto my money waiting, with the hope of a great GT350/Mach 1/Boss coming out soon. The GT500 is nice, but with dealer markups and such the price is going to be insane (so much for the affordable muscle car, every dealer I've talked to wants $10,000+ over MSRP if they can get one) and it will be impossible to insure here in NJ (They wanted $9,000 to insure my fathers '03 SVT Cobra, it took him two weeks to find someone who would insure it [now he's paying $3,500].....and he's 50 with a perfect record).

And somehow you don't think there would be dealer markups for a GT350?

<_<

And somehow you don't think there would be dealer markups for a GT350?

I didn't say that, I said the GT500 wouldn't be affordable. I don't think the GT350 would have as much of a mark up and the base price would be less. The $40,000 GT500 with a $10,000 markup (which is on the low side from what I've heard) is a $50,000 car. A big difference from the $35,000 it cost for my father's '03 Cobra. A GT350 with a base price of $35,000 and a $5,000 markup is still pretty affordable for the average guy who wants a step up from a GT.

I didn't say that, I said the GT500 wouldn't be affordable. I don't think the GT350 would have as much of a mark up and the base price would be less. The $40,000 GT500 with a $10,000 markup (which is on the low side from what I've heard) is a $50,000 car. A big difference from the $35,000 it cost for my father's '03 Cobra. A GT350 with a base price of $35,000 and a $5,000 markup is still pretty affordable for the average guy who wants a step up from a GT.

Ford is supposed to be adopting some of Ford Aussie's engines and cars in the upcoming year. Ford AU has a 388-hp N/A Boss version of the 5.4 (built by AU's own "SVT" team, of another name) that might be an option in a future Mustang. This engine has custom Aussie 10.5:1 pistons and heads so it's not suitable for a S/C but then you wouldn't need one.

It's anyone's guess, but Shelby Autos is not an assembly line, they hand-build cars, so venomsnake you are bound to be disappointed. If you think the 7000-10000 production run of the GT500 led to price hikes, imagine the cost of a GT500KR or 350 built by Shelby Autos....with a production run of only around 500? It would be great if Shelby Autos starts to mass produce the CS6 kits, and builds a comparable CS8. But Ford owns the trademarks on the models we wish S-A would build. :)

I hope you're right about the price. This year was the first run of the GT500 in 35 years, so it was a feeding frenzy. But next year, who knows, maybe Ford will bump up the volume and we'll all get a chance to buy a 350 or KR. SVT is supposed to be building two (and only two) new vehicles every year. So, thank you, Amy, for that tantalizing clue. :)

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 20 2006, 09:02 PM) 166[/snapback]

Amy

It's so great to see Carroll and Ford all smiles again... I've been sad since the early 70s!! ;-) When I was at the NY Int'l Auto show a few weeks back, the GT500 rep told me with simple mods (re-program engine computer, smaller pulley on the blower) and there's 650HP (crank) on tap with 2 hours work. This would seem a great starting point for a true '08 Shelby GT500KR. Some suspension mods to get big rubber up in those wells with a lower ride height and I'm in heaven. Then there's also that really nice fully independent rear from the land-rover (don't laugh now) that is really pretty slick. Anyhow, I can't even consider finalizing an order for a GT500 untill I know more on what the GT500KR would be like.. I'll just hold my breath until you can tell me more <inhaling>

Thanks for all you do and soooo gooood to see Carroll and Ford in cohoots again... cheerzzz.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 20 2006, 09:02 PM) 166[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy

It's so great to see Carroll and Ford all smiles again... I've been sad since the early 70s!! ;-) When I was at the NY Int'l Auto show a few weeks back, the GT500 rep told me with simple mods (re-program engine computer, smaller pulley on the blower) and there's 650HP (crank) on tap with 2 hours work. This would seem a great starting point for a true '08 Shelby GT500KR. Some suspension mods to get big rubber up in those wells with a lower ride height and I'm in heaven. Then there's also that really nice fully independent rear from the land-rover (don't laugh now) that is really pretty slick. Anyhow, I can't even consider finalizing an order for a GT500 untill I know more on what the GT500KR would be like.. I'll just hold my breath until you can tell me more <inhaling>

Thanks for all you do and soooo gooood to see Carroll and Ford in cohoots again... cheerzzz.

PS - I should also point out that I would not be disappointed to see 750-800HP (seriously, very doable and still keeping it very streetable -- aren't computers wonderfull?) or evena very limited production big-block (I know that will never happen)... ok enough ... just make it handle and eat 'vettes, vipers and wannabe retro camaros and chargers et all for lunch, ok?? ;-) (my grand-daughter doesn't really need to go to that expensive school, does she? ;-)

Archived