TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford & Shelby are at it again

svtbird91

It's anyone's guess, but Shelby Autos is not an assembly line, they hand-build cars, so venomsnake you are bound to be disappointed. If you think the 7000-10000 production run of the GT500 led to price hikes, imagine the cost of a GT500KR or 350 built by Shelby Autos....with a production run of only around 500? It would be great if Shelby Autos starts to mass produce the CS6 kits, and builds a comparable CS8. But Ford owns the trademarks on the models we wish S-A would build. :)

As an FYI, Carroll Shelby owns and manages all the marks. :rolleyes:

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ May 12 2006, 12:42 PM) 265[/snapback]

Amy

I was under the impression that GT350, GT500, and Cobra became the property of Ford when they took over production with the 1968 models.

robin

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ May 12 2006, 12:42 PM) 265[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy I was under the impression that GT350, GT500, and Cobra became the property of Ford when they took over production with the 1968 models.

robin

Hi Robin, Carroll owns GT350 all derivatives like "R" "H", he also own GT 500 and GT%))KR, he shares the cobra with ford. Caroll owns vintage, Ford owns modern. The new GT500 from ford is built under license by Carroll Shelby. This was not a label slap as some suspect. Carroll and Shelby Licensing was involved thru out the process.

Amy

• 4 weeks later...

I might just need to go visit Rousch. From the looks of their web site, Rousch has already taken over development of Mustangs, F-150s, and Focus performance models from SVT. If the rumor is true that SVT outsourced to Rousch in the first place...this web site sure seems to back it up: http://www.roushperf.com/vehicles.shtml.

Hi CobraFan... I don;t work for Ford, but I can assure you Ford has not outsourced SVT to Rousch. What you're seeing is Ford encouraging high quality aftermarket partners to collaborate on the Mustangs...Rousch, Saleen, etc. SVT is alive and well and is now a part of Ford Racing and Performance. Their role is esentially unchanged in terms of special vehicle and engine development with the added benefit of first-hand collaboration with Ford Racing parts.

Hang in here.... keep the faith.

Hi CobraFan... I don;t work for Ford, but I can assure you Ford has not outsourced SVT to Rousch. What you're seeing is Ford encouraging high quality aftermarket partners to collaborate on the Mustangs...Rousch, Saleen, etc. SVT is alive and well and is now a part of Ford Racing and Performance. Their role is esentially unchanged in terms of special vehicle and engine development with the added benefit of first-hand collaboration with Ford Racing parts.

Hang in here.... keep the faith.

Hey guys! I do work for ford and no there isnt any "outsourcing" ! There is a collaberation as 68fastback put it "Ford encouraging high quality aftermarket partners ". As such there is in the washing ton state area 2 ford dealers that are also roush dealers and 2 dealers that are saleen dealers. There is (if I am not mistaken) a Shelby dealer in the portland , Oregon area too.

This is to move forward with fords new way of thinking this which is called (cheesy plug) "Bold Moves"!

I work at one of the "roush" ford dealerships, and I'll tell yah we have been getting a high demand for the Aftermaket kits/parts. We have sold the four shelby GT500's that my dealership was allowed and we are working with a local after market kit/parts manufacturer/installer for there style of components as well.

It is going past just mustangs though. It is to the point that the dealership will apon request do any after maket kit/parts on any vehicle we sell. (within legal limits)

Hey guys! I do work for ford and no there isnt any "outsourcing" ! There is a collaberation as 68fastback put it "Ford encouraging high quality aftermarket partners ". As such there is in the washing ton state area 2 ford dealers that are also roush dealers and 2 dealers that are saleen dealers. There is (if I am not mistaken) a Shelby dealer in the portland , Oregon area too.

This is to move forward with fords new way of thinking this which is called (cheesy plug) "Bold Moves"!

I work at one of the "roush" ford dealerships, and I'll tell yah we have been getting a high demand for the Aftermaket kits/parts. We have sold the four shelby GT500's that my dealership was allowed and we are working with a local after market kit/parts manufacturer/installer for there style of components as well.

It is going past just mustangs though. It is to the point that the dealership will apon request do any after maket kit/parts on any vehicle we sell. (within legal limits)

Hey, TCW.. I was just wondering what ADMs your dealership has settled on for the GT500... here in the east I've seen them range from MSRP ("we've never sold a car over MSRP") all the way up to dealers reneging on $5K & 10K ADMs for $20K offers.

In an online survey conducted a few weeks ago (late May), 73% of respondents had written deals "at MSRP or below" (though I doubt many were below), and 27% had written deals up to about $15K. So I was just curious what kind of markups you're applying or seeing in the northwest

PS - thanks for backing me up on the SVT/Rousch question/s above... ;-)

Archived