TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07GT500 upgrades

svtbird91

OK ,since we have a clean slate here I thought I'd bring up the question of Upgrades for the new GT500.

Now that the order codes are out and people are now placing orders for this car ,how about some details regarding the upgrades that Shelby automotive and FMCO have been working together on for so long now?

We've been very patiently waiting but with great anticipation. Please throw us some crumbs!!! Something specific to look forward to.

OK ,since we have a clean slate here I thought I'd bring up the question of Upgrades for the new GT500.

Now that the order codes are out and people are now placing orders for this car ,how about some details regarding the upgrades that Shelby automotive and FMCO have been working together on for so long now?

We've been very patiently waiting but with great anticipation. Please throw us some crumbs!!! Something specific to look forward to.

Hi, Unfortunately we are still working on that with Ford MC. We will update you all as soon as we know

Amy

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Mar 15 2006, 05:35 PM) 32[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hi, Unfortunately we are still working on that with Ford MC. We will update you all as soon as we know

Amy

I was afraid you were going to say that, {not even a crumb}. Why all the secrecy ? ;)

lol.....I know...soon :rolleyes:

I ordered my 07 shelby yesterday. I did not know the svt dealers had info on these cars. All dealers I spoke with are not telling me what options are available. What options are available? What colors?

thank you

john

I ordered my 07 shelby yesterday. I did not know the svt dealers had info on these cars. All dealers I spoke with are not telling me what options are available. What options are available? What colors?

thank you

john

John , I hope these links work.

George

check out post #1

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=46474

http://www.svt.ford.com/gt500/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the new 2007 GT500 yesterday so I will be waiting to see those "upgrages". :unsure: B)

When you say "ordered" and "yesterday" in the same sentence...makes me wonder, did they get a $500 down payment from you already? I keep hearing stories that the official build sheets and options are available, but my local Ford dealer seems utterly clueless about what's going on.

Ford is losing $15 million per day. How can it hurt to spill the beans on the future plans for the Mustang? I am a life-long Ford fan who is very frustrated, because I've been waiting over a year now (placed my order on 3/23/05) and still don't have any real word from Ford on what's going on with the GT500. This won't be a seller's market forever....after the hype dies down...and wait till the new Challenger prototype starts hitting the car shows. If a new GT350, Bullitt, or Mach 1 is in the works, why not tell Ford fans so we can plan accordingly? This is bad PR.

When you say "ordered" and "yesterday" in the same sentence...makes me wonder, did they get a $500 down payment from you already? I keep hearing stories that the official build sheets and options are available, but my local Ford dealer seems utterly clueless about what's going on.

Ford is losing $15 million per day. How can it hurt to spill the beans on the future plans for the Mustang? I am a life-long Ford fan who is very frustrated, because I've been waiting over a year now (placed my order on 3/23/05) and still don't have any real word from Ford on what's going on with the GT500. This won't be a seller's market forever....after the hype dies down...and wait till the new Challenger prototype starts hitting the car shows. If a new GT350, Bullitt, or Mach 1 is in the works, why not tell Ford fans so we can plan accordingly? This is bad PR.

My order was placed in the system using the ordering codes that came out Mar 13,06. Yes they took my deposit with the agreement of MSRP. Ford has not released the final price of the car yet mainly because EPA mileage ratings have to be determined to access gas guzzler tax.

Once they release the prices then the orders will be processed and a build date finalized.

Hoping for early June for Job 1 production start.

quite frankly its up to Ford to tell you there plans, not us.

Amy

quite frankly its up to Ford to tell you there plans, not us.

Amy

Hi Amy,

I wasn't suggesting that this had anything to do with Shelby Autos. I apologize if my last post seemed directed that way. Maybe this isn't the proper forum.

Ford is making some big mistakes, and it affects everyone involved with Mustangs. Angus Mackenzie (Motor Trend) has had a finger pointed at Ford for the last several issues, pointing out the quality concerns, record-breaking warranty repair costs, falling stock price, dropping the F1 team (a systemic indicator), all hinting that Ford is in serious jeopardy. Ford's share in the North American market has dropped from 24% to 18% in just the last few years. According to Mackenzie, deliverying a car the customer wants and maintaining quality control are what customers are asking for, but Ford is not delivering in either case, pinching pennies in places it should not.

Ferrari has always been a rival of Ford, which is what led Carroll Shelby to build the Ford-powered Cobra in the first place--to show Europeans that we can build cars as good as they can. Ferrari knows that engineering should drive production, not marketing. But marketing is running the show at Ford now. Where are the engineers? Closing down SVT, halting production of the Ford GT, and abandoning the F1 team...these things drive innovation, so it makes one wonder at Bill Ford's latest advertisements about "Ford innovation". I think Ford is innovating new and creative ways to lose customers and market share. If it weren't for the Mustang...pfft, what would performance-minded people have as an alternative? Either kit cars, classics, or jumping ship to Chrysler or GM. How about that new Challenger?

The bottom line for Ford is that the new 05/06 Mustang is selling on par with the 01-04 models, and without the 10,000 or so SVT Mustang Cobras sold during each of the last two years, Mustang sales are now less than they were in 03. So what can we predict about future performance Mustangs? For certain, there is no "secret group" within Ford to replace SVT, so high-end performance is dead....which is what the marketing dept wants. What we'll see over the next two years are several specialty model V6 and V8 Mustangs with fancy badges affixed to them, like the "California Edition" V6 and "GT/CS" (if that rumor is even true). If a GT350 or Mach1 are in the works, they will certainly be badged models, with very few real performance enhancements....that just isn't a part of Ford culture any more. Deja vu...it's 1972.

Hi Amy,

I wasn't suggesting that this had anything to do with Shelby Autos. I apologize if my last post seemed directed that way. Maybe this isn't the proper forum.

Ford is making some big mistakes, and it affects everyone involved with Mustangs. Angus Mackenzie (Motor Trend) has had a finger pointed at Ford for the last several issues, pointing out the quality concerns, record-breaking warranty repair costs, falling stock price, dropping the F1 team (a systemic indicator), all hinting that Ford is in serious jeopardy. Ford's share in the North American market has dropped from 24% to 18% in just the last few years. According to Mackenzie, deliverying a car the customer wants and maintaining quality control are what customers are asking for, but Ford is not delivering in either case, pinching pennies in places it should not.

Ferrari has always been a rival of Ford, which is what led Carroll Shelby to build the Ford-powered Cobra in the first place--to show Europeans that we can build cars as good as they can. Ferrari knows that engineering should drive production, not marketing. But marketing is running the show at Ford now. Where are the engineers? Closing down SVT, halting production of the Ford GT, and abandoning the F1 team...these things drive innovation, so it makes one wonder at Bill Ford's latest advertisements about "Ford innovation". I think Ford is innovating new and creative ways to lose customers and market share. If it weren't for the Mustang...pfft, what would performance-minded people have as an alternative? Either kit cars, classics, or jumping ship to Chrysler or GM. How about that new Challenger?

The bottom line for Ford is that the new 05/06 Mustang is selling on par with the 01-04 models, and without the 10,000 or so SVT Mustang Cobras sold during each of the last two years, Mustang sales are now less than they were in 03. So what can we predict about future performance Mustangs? For certain, there is no "secret group" within Ford to replace SVT, so high-end performance is dead....which is what the marketing dept wants. What we'll see over the next two years are several specialty model V6 and V8 Mustangs with fancy badges affixed to them, like the "California Edition" V6 and "GT/CS" (if that rumor is even true). If a GT350 or Mach1 are in the works, they will certainly be badged models, with very few real performance enhancements....that just isn't a part of Ford culture any more. Deja vu...it's 1972.

It's ok, Ford is a great company and like all great companies, they have periods where they stuggle. This is one such period. The management is good at ford and they are working on some cool things. The SVT engineers are still there, we work with the daily. Hang in, it will get better

Amy

• 3 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 9 2006, 09:38 PM) 117[/snapback]

It's ok, Ford is a great company and like all great companies, they have periods where they stuggle. This is one such period. The management is good at ford and they are working on some cool things. The SVT engineers are still there, we work with the daily. Hang in, it will get better

Amy

I'm sure they are Amy, I think we're all just getting a bit restless with Ford. First they bring out a V6 California edition which is all cosmetic changes, then they bring out the GT500 which the average Joe can't afford due to limited availibility and insane markups, next came a GT-H which we can't buy. Somewhere in-between they brought out a Lightning replacement/supplement in the Adrenaline concept, yet it was canned, and SVT was soon canceled there-after. Finally, the GT super car is at the end of its run. It's like we're being toyed with. As a Ford Performance car fan it seems like the future of fast factory produced Fords is in jeopardy. That's my feeling anyway. :(

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 9 2006, 09:38 PM) 117[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy

I'm sure they are Amy, I think we're all just getting a bit restless with Ford. First they bring out a V6 California edition which is all cosmetic changes, then they bring out the GT500 which the average Joe can't afford due to limited availibility and insane markups, next came a GT-H which we can't buy. Somewhere in-between they brought out a Lightning replacement/supplement in the Adrenaline concept, yet it was canned, and SVT was soon canceled there-after. Finally, the GT super car is at the end of its run. It's like we're being toyed with. As a Ford Performance car fan it seems like the future of fast factory produced Fords is in jeopardy. That's my feeling anyway. :(

Paul P,

Look at it this way , at least Ford is way ahead of Chevy, Pontiac, and Dim Chy. They don't even have a pony car yet let alone a performance one. I'm sure Ford will respond with something more affordable soon . You're right about the dealer mark-ups though. They have proven to be killers of the enthueiasm that comes with a new model and have put out of reach what Ford meant to be reachable.

George,

Paul P,

You're right about the dealer mark-ups though. They have proven to be killers of the enthueiasm that comes with a new model and have put out of reach what Ford meant to be reachable.

George,

Yea, look at the Thunderbird. I thought that thing would sell like crazy, it was a beautiful car. But, it was already pretty expensive to begin with ($39,000 or so loaded) and with the markups most people went out and bought Vettes instead. Same thing with the Prowler, a very neat car, but some dealers wanted basically double the MSRP for it, which killed it. I don't want the same thing to happen to the muscle versions of the mustang.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, look at the Thunderbird. I thought that thing would sell like crazy, it was a beautiful car. But, it was already pretty expensive to begin with ($39,000 or so loaded) and with the markups most people went out and bought Vettes instead. Same thing with the Prowler, a very neat car, but some dealers wanted basically double the MSRP for it, which killed it. I don't want the same thing to happen to the muscle versions of the mustang.

Paul we agree with you. Only time will tell here

Amy

Sorry, but the Thunderbird and GT500 are different animals. The original Shelby Mustangs were limited production versions to begin with, which adds to their collectability any uniqueness.

Gee....if they made a ton of 2007 GT500s where would the ahhhhhh factor be when you see one?

This car is not made for the masses nor should it be. If you can't get one this year, wait until next year like I am.

• 3 weeks later...

Well ,you want factory mods and upgrades from Ford's factory race program already available for the new GT500..(challenger and camaro BeWare!!),...how this for a start?!! ;)

1) GT500 BOLT-ON Speedparts! "There will be a 'Power Pack' that will increase blower boost and add exhaust and air intake enhancements. A GT500 specific 'Drag Pack' is the Power Pack plus, headers, a new rear gear, and a shifter. The 'Handling Pack' will lower the car an inch and include adjustable shocks & strutes. Then there's a s'Super Pack' a blower upgrade to a 3.3L Whipple twin-screw huffer"

2.) FRPP is also developing a driveshaft kit, brake pad upgrades, and a brake duct cooling kit.

3.)Easily in the 10's car with mods! ;)

Archived