TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CS6 Components Available

RichS

On the home page of ShopShelby.com, our new online store, you'll find that we now offer Shelby CS6 component upgrade kits. Those of you who have been waiting, this is a shortcut to putting yourself behind the wheel of an authentic Shelby CS6!

On the home page of ShopShelby.com, our new online store, you'll find that we now offer Shelby CS6 component upgrade kits. Those of you who have been waiting, this is a shortcut to putting yourself behind the wheel of an authentic Shelby CS6!

Question: Do the Piaa lights include the wiring harness? Thanks.

John

Could you post a picture of the whole car with the revised side stripe package? Currently there is a picture of part of the side of the car in the parts section, but no picture of the whole car (or whole side of the car).

Site looks great! OK, I have now done my window shopping in the on-line parts store and see that all the CS6 items list an 8-12 week delivery time and requre a 50% deposit. What is going to be initial availability of these parts? If I order now, am I really looking at 2-3 months before I will see them arrive? Should I wait a bit longer for the "instant gratification" I desire once production ramps up or are they only being made to order? OK, Last question in this barrage: The CS6 stripe kits, are they only available in silver? Thanks for posting answers.

Site looks great! OK, I have now done my window shopping in the on-line parts store and see that all the CS6 items list an 8-12 week delivery time and requre a 50% deposit. What is going to be initial availability of these parts? If I order now, am I really looking at 2-3 months before I will see them arrive? Should I wait a bit longer for the "instant gratification" I desire once production ramps up or are they only being made to order? OK, Last question in this barrage: The CS6 stripe kits, are they only available in silver? Thanks for posting answers.

hi drew, We want to make sure we have everything, hence the dates. If it comes in sooner, we will ship sooner. We are taking orders, so it will be a first in, first out process. Most of the big parts are "made to order" and the stripes are only available in Silver.

Amy

Is this the final version? I don't see any of the interior upgrades or have they been dropped?

Will you also be building a finished series of cars that are numbered?

robin

The interior parts come only with a full kit purchase

Amy

Now I'm consufed and have a couple of questions...

Are you guys keeping the stages (1 & 2)? Are you doing the serial number I guess of the complete kits now?

I guess the kit won't be available thru a Ford delearship, is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for your time.

Yolanda

Amy:

Thanks for the reply. Question posted by another about numbering of kits and installation. Will they only be considered "official" Shelby autos if a complete stage 1/stage 2 kit is ordered and thereafter installed by SA in Las Vegas? I long for the complete package, but budget may require that I upgrade my convertible in stages as I can afford it. Also concerns about warranty. If adding performance mods is going to kill off my factory warranty, I may have to wait until 3/36 has passed before I am willing to go after them. As a working shmo who's rich daddy doesn't exist, I can't always buy what I want when I want it - but I want the pedigree :) (whining)

Drew

Now I'm consufed and have a couple of questions...

Are you guys keeping the stages (1 & 2)? Are you doing the serial number I guess of the complete kits now?

I guess the kit won't be available thru a Ford delearship, is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for your time.

Yolanda

Hi Drew, right now we are not doing full installs, hence that is why there is no documentation from Shelby. We might do it down the road, but we are unable do to all the other projects we are working on. I completely understand the "no rich daddy" comment...lol By what you can when you can, its about having what you want when you can afford it. Love the brand the best way you can and you will be happy :)

Thanks Amy. I guess I will have to upgrade in stages. Still very excited about the CS6 kit. It looks great. I have always been a fan of Shelby Autos. A friend of a friend (to remain nameless) used to work there in the early 90's. I am in the Army and was stationed in Germany at the time after the first Gulf war and the person sent "secret photos" from work inside SA including what CS dubbed the AK1 dodge dakota pickup. It was also interesting to hear about how CS named cars such as the GLH...I am glad to see SA has partnered again with Ford to produce these pony cars & am excited about the prospects of building my 6 cyl into a real Shelby. Keep the information coming.

Drew

Thanks Amy. I guess I will have to upgrade in stages. Still very excited about the CS6 kit. It looks great. I have always been a fan of Shelby Autos. A friend of a friend (to remain nameless) used to work there in the early 90's. I am in the Army and was stationed in Germany at the time after the first Gulf war and the person sent "secret photos" from work inside SA including what CS dubbed the AK1 dodge dakota pickup. It was also interesting to hear about how CS named cars such as the GLH...I am glad to see SA has partnered again with Ford to produce these pony cars & am excited about the prospects of building my 6 cyl into a real Shelby. Keep the information coming.

Drew

Hi Drew, Thats a cool story, do you still have the pictures? Let me know if I can answer anything else, have a great weekend!

Amy

Amy - I wish I had the pictures, but they belonged to a guy I worked with - His name was Jason Haropulous - I'll put it out there in case anyone knows him - not a common name. It was a good friend of Jason's that worked at Shelby Autos. As has happened with many military friends over the years, folks come and go, you stay in touch for a couple years, then loose track. I haven't heard from or about him since about 1994. Jason was a really smart & wacky guy who rode an old honda "rat bike" with a home painted flame job and a German style helmet. Great guy. Anyone out there at SA or reading this know Jason? If so, say "Hi" from Drew.

Thanks Amy. Enjoy your weekend too!

Robin - Yup, that's about right, except the pictures I saw of it still had primer on the tubbed out fender wells, but otherwise, that is how I remember it. Thanks for the picture - a stroll down memory lane.

Can't wait to see some pics of some customer completed CS6's!

BREAK:

Amy B: To get back on track with this thread, I noticed some changes in the pictures from the CS6 striping on the concept car to what is listed for sale. What a disappointment if what I am seeing is true, the SHELBY down the side and COBRA on the hockey stick have been dropped, and replaced with generic looking CS6 and CS emblems. Is this correct?

Drew

Amy B: To get back on track with this thread, I noticed some changes in the pictures from the CS6 striping on the concept car to what is listed for sale. What a disappointment if what I am seeing is true, the SHELBY down the side and COBRA on the hockey stick have been dropped, and replaced with generic looking CS6 and CS emblems. Is this correct?

Drew

Hi, Drew, I have not seen the final version, I will check it out, but concensus is the snake was too big and we didnt want it on the final version. The cs will be where the snake is now. I will check on the shelby, it does say shelby on the back and front.

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to the Shelby Autos crew,

I was curious about the CS6 component pricing. I added all the components up and came to $13,822. But your complete package is $15,000. Are there some components in the kit that can't be purchased separately? I'm the sort of person who would prefer the complete kit.

I remember reading somewhere in the old forum that Shelby Autos has a list of preferred shops or dealerships who will build a complete car to customer specifications? I would really like to inquire about the cost of a complete V6 with the CS6 kit, in completed form.

Is there a web page here somewhere that shows any performance specifications for the CS6? Such as top speed, horsepower, 0-60, 1/4-mile, that sort of thing?

Finally, I think you will see much better sales on the CS6 if you will serialize it and provide documentation for your customers who purchase the complete kit. How about just an engraved dash plaque with each complete kit and a document that authenticates it? This is crucial for resale value; otherwise, a CS6 car will be just a blown V6 Mustang with some accessories.

Thank you.

I was curious about the CS6 component pricing. I added all the components up and came to $13,822. But your complete package is $15,000. Are there some components in the kit that can't be purchased separately? I'm the sort of person who would prefer the complete kit.

I remember reading somewhere in the old forum that Shelby Autos has a list of preferred shops or dealerships who will build a complete car to customer specifications? I would really like to inquire about the cost of a complete V6 with the CS6 kit, in completed form.

Is there a web page here somewhere that shows any performance specifications for the CS6? Such as top speed, horsepower, 0-60, 1/4-mile, that sort of thing?

Finally, I think you will see much better sales on the CS6 if you will serialize it and provide documentation for your customers who purchase the complete kit. How about just an engraved dash plaque with each complete kit and a document that authenticates it? This is crucial for resale value; otherwise, a CS6 car will be just a blown V6 Mustang with some accessories.

The complete kit price includes 4 wheels and the stripe kit which is under revision and not currently listed individually at ShopShelby.com. I did the math when I first put it all on ShopShelby and I came up a bit short too, but then I figured out that the straight addition didn't figure for 4 wheels and 4 tires, which will be in the complete kit.

As for performance specifications, we're working on the #2 CS6 car right now getting it ready so we can generate some results for you. When we have them, we'll be sure to put them into the website.

As for the serial number issue, I'm not the person to answer that question. I'll leave that to Amy.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

:blink: OK, So I was window shopping again, while making my list for my initial CS6 purchase and I have noticed that the stripe kit for the CS6 has disappeared.....any info? Rich? Amy?

read previous note B)

Rich and Amy,

I have been following this forum since the old web site.

When is the cloak and dagger going to end and we get an answer on: "Yes, the CS6 is going to be available from us as a FULL car", or, "No, it will never be available in any way from us other than kit form"?

I have a '05 bright red coupe and, I am seriously thinking of jumping ship and going to go to "Rousch" in june when the HAVE SAID that they will release parts to the public and the rousch dealers can inslall for you!

I am not mechanically inclined enough to trust myself to "self install" any of these components.

T.C.W.

Currently a very discruntelled V6 owner :angry:

read previous note B)

Rich and Amy,

I have been following this forum since the old web site.

When is the cloak and dagger going to end and we get an answer on: "Yes, the CS6 is going to be available from us as a FULL car", or, "No, it will never be available in any way from us other than kit form"?

I have a '05 bright red coupe and, I am seriously thinking of jumping ship and going to go to "Rousch" in june when the HAVE SAID that they will release parts to the public and the rousch dealers can inslall for you!

I am not mechanically inclined enough to trust myself to "self install" any of these components.

T.C.W.

Currently a very discruntelled V6 owner :angry:

sorry TCW, right now the answer is not that easy. We are finishing up a new deal with ford and depending on how it goes, is the answer on CS6. sorry its not more definative

Amy

• 4 years later...

sorry TCW, right now the answer is not that easy. We are finishing up a new deal with ford and depending on how it goes, is the answer on CS6. sorry its not more definative

Amy

Look at the date and content of this post.

This is where the fate of the CSM# CS6 was decided. I do not blame SAI giving into Ford back then, let's face it they wanted to get back into the Mustang game, but I do blame them for the total lack of acknowledgment of the CS6/CS8 that continues to this day.

Since other posts of healthy debate have been locked out, I would respectful ask all T/S members to read the early posts on the CS6 and see how SAI promoted this car to the hilt because that's all they had at the time.

several members have asked why I would built this car or I'm crazy for waving the CS6 flag so hard. I suspect I do it for the same reason Shelby built this car in the first place, for it's uniqueness,vision & love of the Mustang.

to all of the CS6/CS8, we have the rarest modern Shelby there is, be proud of it

for a open thread of discussion to be locked-out by Sales/Customer Service speaks volumes to me.

Look at the date and content of this post.

for a open thread of discussion to be locked-out by Sales/Customer Service speaks volumes to me.

How does locking a thread speak volumes?

No one appreciates the fact that the CS cars were the only thing Shelby had at the time. And no one disagrees it was promoted heavily because it was all we had at the time. We all are very sensitive to that fact and appreciate everything that specific vehicle meant to the company. When was the last time or have you ever been to the Museum and taken the tour? The first CS car built is still in the museum and plenty of time is spent of the significance of the car and it's place in Shelby History when the vehicle is discussed.

Fact is only a few numbered cars were ever built in Las Vegas. You cannot undo history. If you have a Shelby Automobiles, Inc. numbered car it is very rare. The car never gained traction and the Hertz program evolved then that evolved into the Shelby GT and Super Snake programs. That was where the support was diverted and obviously more popular.

It was not a "hot car" we built in numbers. The Shelby SR and Turbo are the most rare cars built in modern time history of Shelby American. One each.

I am willing to debate and discuss anything you may have on your mind anytime. Just give me a call.

702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

How does locking a thread speak volumes?

No one appreciates the fact that the CS cars were the only thing Shelby had at the time. And no one disagrees it was promoted heavily because it was all we had at the time. We all are very sensitive to that fact and appreciate everything that specific vehicle meant to the company. When was the last time or have you ever been to the Museum and taken the tour? The first CS car built is still in the museum and plenty of time is spent of the significance of the car and it's place in Shelby History when the vehicle is discussed.

Fact is only a few numbered cars were ever built in Las Vegas. You cannot undo history. If you have a Shelby Automobiles, Inc. numbered car it is very rare. The car never gained traction and the Hertz program evolved then that evolved into the Shelby GT and Super Snake programs. That was where the support was diverted and obviously more popular.

It was not a "hot car" we built in numbers. The Shelby SR and Turbo are the most rare cars built in modern time history of Shelby American. One each.

I am willing to debate and discuss anything you may have on your mind anytime. Just give me a call.

702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

First off let me say I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here.

You are correct, you can not undo history, but you can correct it. By that I mean back in 06 the CS6 was to be a CSM# Shelby. It was not to be because Shelby was not going to make them. Now these new CS's are being made by authorized mod shops, right next to SS,KR's, since the CS is a Shelby product & installed at a Shelby mod center why does it not warrant a CSM?

as to locking down the thread comment, I have seen many,many threads in other forums where the debate of the subject was more fluid or heated than in the thread in question not be locked out. Why was this thread shut-down so quick?

If the CS cars were not "HOT" then why do our parts wind-up on so many SGT's? I've never seen a KR or SS hood on a SGT why is that.

The reason the SR & Turbo is the rarest modern Shelby is only 2 people bought them and they to had CS/Terlingua parts installed.

I guess the dilution of the Shelby platforms is o.k as long as you already have a CSM#. Like one member told me "I got all my original parts in the attic & closet"

If you qwn a CS6/CS8 you don't have to do that. Just saying....

First off let me say I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here.

You are correct, you can not undo history, but you can correct it. By that I mean back in 06 the CS6 was to be a CSM# Shelby. It was not to be because Shelby was not going to make them. Now these new CS's are being made by authorized mod shops, right next to SS,KR's, since the CS is a Shelby product & installed at a Shelby mod center why does it not warrant a CSM?

as to locking down the thread comment, I have seen many,many threads in other forums where the debate of the subject was more fluid or heated than in the thread in question not be locked out. Why was this thread shut-down so quick?

If the CS cars were not "HOT" then why do our parts wind-up on so many SGT's? I've never seen a KR or SS hood on a SGT why is that.

The reason the SR & Turbo is the rarest modern Shelby is only 2 people bought them and they to had CS/Terlingua parts installed.

I guess the dilution of the Shelby platforms is o.k as long as you already have a CSM#. Like one member told me "I got all my original parts in the attic & closet"

If you qwn a CS6/CS8 you don't have to do that. Just saying....

All is good. Just to clarify, after an internal discussion today, Shelby American, Inc. WILL NOT ISSUE CSM's for the CS6 and CS8 vehicles.

There is no coherent and accurate way to document every kit, installer, quality of installation and perform an individual inspection process on each vehicle to insure the integrity of the builds and brand.

This is the official position of the company.

Everyone is welcome to debate. You may continue to do so. Be advised that, again, we WILL NOT BE ISSUING CSM numbers for these vehicles.

Topic is closed and we welcome you to forward any further comments to

rogers@shelbyamerican.com

We thank everyone for their continued support of the Shelby Brand.

Archived