TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Photoshopped shelby; lowered version

dude, that looks bad ass how many inces do you think you have to drop to achieve that look? Do you think dropping the car like that will give it a rough ride? and will it handle as good?

the guy that put that together was apparently trying for the FRP suspension appearance. I imagine handling is much improved, from both the enhanced suspension components, and the lowered center of gravity. You probably do give up something on the ride comfort, buy hey, life is a series of tradeoffs. With lowered (shorter) springs, you have to go to a higher rate spring. On the mustang GT, the FRP kit lowers the car by 1.5 inches.

this reminds me of something one of the design team supposedly said about the handling. The team apparently had the ability to push the cornering up into the 1 g range, but it was so hard on tires, that they felt the consumer would not care for it. Makes sense that a fairly heavy car would rip up the tires with too agressive a handling capability. Probably something all of us should keep in mind when we do mods.

John

Amen.

The ride height of the Shelby - and my inbound Mustang GT - has been driving me nuts.

What are they thinking?

My Ford springs are going on before I drive it home!

Lookin' Good. :happy feet:

Amen.

The ride height of the Shelby - and my inbound Mustang GT - has been driving me nuts.

What are they thinking?

My Ford springs are going on before I drive it home!

Lookin' Good. :happy feet:

Amen Brother Ben!!!!!! :shift:

I can't wait till we get to see some photos of what you put together

John

Ha. Thanks, John!

I'm having more fun "designing" my GT.

What a hoot.

No spoiler. Over the top silver stripes. No rocker panel stripe (too many V6's have them) - maybe a Hertz grille - 19's (mesh - staggered) - springs - 4.10's - 35 tint - and the Rouschcharger!

I'm like a little kid! :happy feet:

We're gonna ride, bro! :shift:

And on Friday nights - we'll be draggin' Main Street looking for fart can mufflers, you hear?

I think it looks pretty good lowered

John

post-2962-1152644791_thumb.jpg

I am glad you like the car. It took me a little bit of time to get it that way. I based the lowered stance on the FRP yellow mustang GT.

you did a real nice job putting it together. I hope you don't mind too much me putting on display over here. I actually visit other sites quite a bit, and put things over here when they look interesting to others. Always try to credit the site, don't usually credit the person tho.

John

you did a real nice job putting it together. I hope you don't mind too much me putting on display over here. I actually visit other sites quite a bit, and put things over here when they look interesting to others. Always try to credit the site, don't usually credit the person tho.

John

I feel honored that you put it on here, it shows that people appreciate my work. :beerchug:

No spoiler. Over the top silver stripes. No rocker panel stripe (too many V6's have them) - maybe a Hertz grille - 19's (mesh - staggered) - springs - 4.10's - 35 tint - and the Rouschcharger!

You forgot: BLACK! :)

...did ya check out those Jaz Mesh 410s? Ooooweeee... sweet! on the black GT, bro! :shift:

Elite - I hate to start something here - but...would it take you long to make the car black?

I understand if it's too time consuming. :shift:

68- you're killin' me over here!

I may have to buy the rims now - and stick 'em on a black GT they have on the ground at my ford store! :happy feet:

By the way, Eibach has two sets of springs for the GT - one lowers the car about 1.5" - the other 1.7-2". I'm afraid to go with the extreme springs. The height on this white Shelby looks perfect. Not slammed - but down on its haunches just enough!

:bandance: :cheerleader: :bandance: :cheerleader: :happy feet:

68 - I found my JAZ Ver-One's! :happy feet:

WheelsNext.com!

Sweet baby Jesus!!!

And they carry Toyo T1-R's!

19x8.5 fr - 19x9.5 rear!

Woo Hoo!

Wait - these are only rims. I'm 55 years old. I should be listening to NPR. And wearing slippers.

:hysterical: We gonna burn up some Toyo's baby!

post-4913-1152676108_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1152676108_thumb.jpg

Elite - I hate to start something here - but...would it take you long to make the car black?

I understand if it's too time consuming. :shift:

68- you're killin' me over here!

I may have to buy the rims now - and stick 'em on a black GT they have on the ground at my ford store! :happy feet:

By the way, Eibach has two sets of springs for the GT - one lowers the car about 1.5" - the other 1.7-2". I'm afraid to go with the extreme springs. The height on this white Shelby looks perfect. Not slammed - but down on its haunches just enough!

I couldn't get the other car the right shade of black, so I just put the FR500's on the car I already made black.

GT500blackwithFR500sig.jpg

Ha. Thanks, John!

I'm having more fun "designing" my GT.

What a hoot.

I'm like a little kid! :happy feet:

We're gonna ride, bro! :shift:

And on Friday nights - we'll be draggin' Main Street looking for fart can mufflers, you hear?

Roushcharger good choice maybe a little more money but has a waranty .

Looks like your building a sleeper.

Yep. We're going undercover!

No hood scoops - or bulges - no Roush graphics or spoilers/skirts - let 'em wonder!

Bassani axle back exhaust for a little more rumble, though! :bandance:

Sweeeeet, Byran.... Can't wait -- I feel like I already know the car :)

Yep. We're going undercover!

No hood scoops - or bulges - no Roush graphics or spoilers/skirts - let 'em wonder!

Bassani axle back exhaust for a little more rumble, though! :bandance:

Ok, don't flame me for talking about Chevys here.....but this is a good story.

Back in the early '90s, Chevy was selling some "specially equipped" police car Camaros. They had a higher-output engine (by 25 HP I think) than the highest horse Camaro offered. The car was available as option code B4C. They were totally stealth. If memory serves me, they were only available in white, no decorations, plain wheels, no hood bulges, etc....but they had better sway bars, shocks, brakes, higher amp alternator, etc. They were also less expensive than a Z28. Somehow, in certain states, normal people were able to purchase them (you didn't have to be a police department). A friend of mine bought one and took me for a ride. It was sooooo cool to be in this very plain car with all the goodies.

Are you listening Ford? :idea:

Dave

"They were practically giving them away at the Cook County auction. It's got cop tires - cop brakes - cop shocks - and a 440 cubic inch cop motor. So - is it the Bluesmobile - or What? ...fix the cigarette lighter."

The Camaro sounds cool - but I need something with a little "badness" showing!

But - the Preludes better top off their NOS bottles! :happy feet:

PS - had a buddy back in 1966 who bought a Plymouth Satellite sedan (with hubcaps) and a 426 Hemi.

Man - did we have fun with that one. :hysterical:

Ok, don't flame me for talking about Chevys here.....but this is a good story.

Back in the early '90s, Chevy was selling some "specially equipped" police car Camaros. They had a higher-output engine (by 25 HP I think) than the highest horse Camaro offered. The car was available as option code B4C. They were totally stealth. If memory serves me, they were only available in white, no decorations, plain wheels, no hood bulges, etc....but they had better sway bars, shocks, brakes, higher amp alternator, etc. They were also less expensive than a Z28. Somehow, in certain states, normal people were able to purchase them (you didn't have to be a police department). A friend of mine bought one and took me for a ride. It was sooooo cool to be in this very plain car with all the goodies.

Are you listening Ford? :idea:

Dave

Exactly! Boss 390 Hurricane with stripe deopt, rear seat deopt, console deopt, ... with BIG V6 emblems as an option! :hysterical: (and a retractible antenna for less drag :)

now THAT's a sleeper

Back in the early '90s, Chevy was selling some "specially equipped" police car Camaros. They had a higher-output engine (by 25 HP I think) than the highest horse Camaro offered. The car was available as option code B4C.

Those cars were available in CANADA as 1LE cars. They were made for the Players Challenge spec series run in part to the then CART support races. Friend of mine still has one sitting in his garage.(with a sealed engine)

PS - had a buddy back in 1966 who bought a Plymouth Satellite sedan (with hubcaps) and a 426 Hemi.

Man - did we have fun with that one. :hysterical:

Mopar guy down the street from where I went to high school had one, Root beer brown, white vinyl roof and dog dish hubcaps. Best grocery getter EVER!!

now THAT's a sleeper

If one really had guts they would take a GT500 and paint it in one of the unavailable colours. Like Legend lime or what I really wanted, Windveil with strip delete. Imagine the fun you could have when kids accused you of a Fauxbra!

Those cars were available in CANADA as 1LE cars. They were made for the Players Challenge spec series run in part to the then CART support races. Friend of mine still has one sitting in his garage.(with a sealed engine)

Mopar guy down the street from where I went to high school had one, Root beer brown, white vinyl roof and dog dish hubcaps. Best grocery getter EVER!!

If one really had guts they would take a GT500 and paint it in one of the unavailable colours. Like Legend lime or what I really wanted, Windveil with strip delete. Imagine the fun you could have when kids accused you of a Fauxbra!

Remember when Ford stuffed the Terminator modular in a a heavily mod'd rear-drive Focus ZX3 with mondo Brembos, sways and tires and went hunting for Z-vettes. Even C&D couldn't believe it was as fast as the vette and handled nearly as well too. Cost $150K to do, but man is that a sleeper! :)

Could never figure why they never produced that puppy! ;-) :happy feet:

Archived