TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Robert - any follow-up on the shipping?

Robert -

Hoping you were able to get an update on what's happening as far as actually shipping cars out and the 'Quality Hold' business.

Also, not to be too inflamatory, but maybe someone inside Ford could expalin why they have not followed through on the PowerLease written promises.

As usual, we look to you for the real inside stories.

Thanks for any help.

Update.

I have someone from the railroad helping track this for me via a rep of theirs at the Flat River plant. My car was released from the plant on 6/27 and sent to the upfitters. It is still there apparently awaiting stripe application.

This info is from a contact at Flat River, and it is being provided as an update to a previous similar message. I have assumed that if the upfitters were on break as the plant is, the message would be that the upfitters is on break so don't expect anything new before next week, not that it is still awaiting stripes like the previous message.

Over two weeks (without new cars coming off the line most of that time) to put stripes on seems kinda far-fetched. These are the same vinyl stripes (in a couple dozen pieces) that were faster and cheaper to install than painting?

Please don't ask me to track other VINs since I can't. I am posting this so others that may be in a similar Black Hole may at least get some info before scouring the newspaper for reports of train derailments or car carriers plunging down cliffs.

Me too!! Mine's been built and "released for delivery" Since June 22nd. Still not here! I was supposed to take delivery from June 30th to July 7th according to our rep, found out it was on 'hold' for two weeks, So I am hopiing to see it next week, but it probably won't be here 'till the week of the 24th. That is coming dangerously close to a car show it's supposed to be in on the 29th!!!, I wanted to get the windows tinted before that, but it doesn't look hopeful.

Robert -

Thanks for the time and effort to get some hard info for us. I / we appreciate that. It looks like the cars are trickling out which pretty much tracks with the small number of sightings.

Ya gotta wonder what Ford was thinking. One look at all those separate pieces for the stripes, and their own

estimate that 90% of the cars would get them, shoulda tripped a warning breaker somewhere.

OK, I'll shut up. For now. Like many here, I don't idle well.

Archived