TEAM SHELBY FORUM

how can I figure out when my car will be built?

zrx4me

I was first to order at my dealer,but the first one in, due this week,won't be mine.I don't even have a VIN yet.He showed me a printout of all shelbys ordered and all I could see was my last name next to my order.Dealer says most likely end of july/august delivery,but not sure.Is there any way I could call ford and ask when my car will have the most likley chance of being built?I don't want to become more of a PITA at my dealer than I already am.I just want to know so I can get a few things in order before delivery time.

thanks

If you don't have a vin number customer service may not be able to help. I'd try them. Give them your order number and everything that the vopc ask for and maybe they'll be able to help. The number is 1-800-392-3673. Choose option 4 and follow instructions from there.

If you don't have a vin number customer service may not be able to help. I'd try them. Give them your order number and everything that the vopc ask for and maybe they'll be able to help. The number is 1-800-392-3673. Choose option 4 and follow instructions from there.

They will ask for dealer number, body code (T88), and order number. On both occasions I've checked on the progress of my GT, the rep has been friendly and helpful; unfortunately I still get the "material hold" response.

I was first to order at my dealer,but the first one in, due this week,won't be mine.I don't even have a VIN yet.He showed me a printout of all shelbys ordered and all I could see was my last name next to my order.Dealer says most likely end of july/august delivery,but not sure.Is there any way I could call ford and ask when my car will have the most likley chance of being built?I don't want to become more of a PITA at my dealer than I already am.I just want to know so I can get a few things in order before delivery time.

thanks

I actually am part of a similar circumstance. I was the second one to order at my dealership, but I will be receiving the first Shelby. The dealership gave me a higher priority than was on the first order (same day). The reason for my higher priority was that I was first on their "list" for many months, although as far as I know there wasn't actually a written list.

A Ford representative told my dealership that they could expect to see their first Shelby (of a known three units) in July, the second in October-November range and the third one in 2007. He didn't quote an actual month for the third one, but based on the time between the first two I would guess February-March.

My Shelby is supposed to be here Wednesday or Thursday! I am not counting my chickens just yet!

I hope you are fortunate to beat the above schedule! Best of luck to you.

Archived