TEAM SHELBY FORUM

QUESTION ABOUT THE TIRES

:bandance: :happy feet:

GOOD MORNING GUYS I GOT A QUESTION ABOUT THE TIRES ON THE GT500.

I KNOW THEY ARE.

P255/45ZR18 IN THE FRONT

P285/40ZR18 IN THE REAR

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THE MANUFACTURER IS ON THE STOCK TIRES AND WHAT THE REPLACEMENT COST IS?

GOOD MORNING! YES THEY ARE GOODYEAR SUPER CAR TIRES AND THE COST TO REPLACE THEM IS $1300.00. I CHECKS WITH A LOCAL TIRE DEALER AND THAT IS WHAT THEY QUOTED ME. YOU CAN NOT ROTATE THEM DIFFERENT WIDTH ON BACK

THANKS

TOMC

OHIO

WOW!

now I am thinking about buying 4 new centerline mags and putting some cheaper tires on that are of equal size after about 3 months because I know I will have a hard time keeping myself from smoking the tires.

I had Centerlines on my first Mustang and I loved them. I figure if Ford can go Retro so can I.

I guess you could say they will be my dounghnut tires!

I can get them and a new cheaper tire for that kind of money and be able to rotate them as needed and also keep the origanal tires for much later down the road.

What do you guys think about Centerlines?

Goodyear...F1 Supercar? (I think)...about $230. :wacko:

I'm sure someone has more specific info.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar

I think you'll find the FRONT tires are about $235 each through a discounter....but I think the rear ones will be considerably higher. Add in taxes, mounting, balancing, etc....and a full set will be $1,250 or so.

However, given that the tires cannot be rotated, it's likely most of us will be buying the rear set first. :hysterical: . Perhaps we can join forces and make a "bulk purchase" of 100 of those rear tires for a reduced price.

Here is a listing of the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2's

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/t...ce_ta_kdw_2.gif

$229 for the rears and $162 for the fronts.

You can get a good tire for alot less then the F1's. Which suck for wear anyway. And I felt I have more grip with my Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's (all season tire) then I did the Eagle F1's that came stock on my 04.

Archived