TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st GT500 to be auctioned off

robertlane

It's a nice thing that Ford is doing for Mr Shelby's foundation. It will be interesting to see just hoe much they raise for the cause.

I noticed that in the article is says that the firet GT500 will roll out in June of 06.

Is this accurate?

The GT500 will feature upgraded suspension, brakes and interior. However, it is the car's heart that makes it truly special. The Shelby's supercharged 5.4-liter, 32-valve V8 is based on the engine in the Ford GT, making it the most powerful factory-built Mustang in history. Projected to churn out over 475 HP with 475 ft. lbs of torque, the car will have a higher factory rating than the 1969 Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet or legendary 1969 Boss 429. The first GT500 is expected to be available in June 2006.

It's a nice thing that Ford is doing for Mr Shelby's foundation. It will be interesting to see just hoe much they raise for the cause.

I noticed that in the article is says that the firet GT500 will roll out in June of 06.

Is this accurate?

The GT500 will feature upgraded suspension, brakes and interior. However, it is the car's heart that makes it truly special. The Shelby's supercharged 5.4-liter, 32-valve V8 is based on the engine in the Ford GT, making it the most powerful factory-built Mustang in history. Projected to churn out over 475 HP with 475 ft. lbs of torque, the car will have a higher factory rating than the 1969 Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet or legendary 1969 Boss 429. The first GT500 is expected to be available in June 2006.

1222[/snapback]

Ahhhh very cool! B) Only 7 months to go!!!

We should get a good idea of the desire for the car. If the 1st one goes at $100k than it could be a sign that the car will be available at a more reasonable price. If the price goes higher than that could signal a greater demand and that really could suck for us blue collar guys

First car with built in history including documentation that will include TV coverage as well as Ford Reps. and Shelby in attendance, plus the buyer gets to use the dollar amount over the MSRP as a tax deduction. I wouldn't be surprised at any amount but my guess is close to $300,000

Yes, June sounds right. SE's usually get built at the beginning of the model year production. My guess is a cool quarter million $$$ (close to yours, 00Vert54x). Geez, I better get to the atm! :lol:

Jay Leno, where are you??? :rolleyes:

Just found this! I gotta say, that hood is NICE!!! Grabber blue, early produciton, first one:

post-140-1133447939_thumb.jpg

post-140-1133447939_thumb.jpg

Yes, June sounds right.  SE's usually get built at the beginning of the model year production.  My guess is a cool quarter million $$$ (close to yours, 00Vert54x).  Geez, I better get to the atm!    :lol:

Jay Leno, where are you???  :rolleyes:

Just found this! I gotta say, that hood is NICE!!! Grabber blue, early produciton, first one:

1247[/snapback]

LOL! :lol: Single Flowmaster 2 chamber stickin straight out the hood w/ Nitto NT-555s?. Sweeet.

You guys KILL me!!! :lol: I nearly choked on my lunch!!!

I don't know if you noticed the new color in the background (behind the grabber blue), called "Rustic Red"....should look nice with rally stripes... :P

Seriously, though...I think that's great, and a smooth promotional tool, too. You know what would have been REALLY COOL???

If Ford decided to raffle it off for charity, and letting a regular guy have a chance of winning it. Think.....an "everyman" winning an "everyman's sports car". That would probably be just as good, P.R. wise, and could potentially net alot more $$$ for Shelby's charity!

They decided to go with the big publicity route (can't blame 'em) with Barrett-Jackson. I'm sure guys like Jay Leno will bid it up to several hundred $K, and use it as a charitible tax deduction.

I can see it now.....auction would have to be postponed for a "clean-up in aisle 5" for all of the dealer drool on the floor. :rolleyes:

If it sells for over $100k, every dealer on the planet will mark up theirs at least $20-$25k. Yikes...

I noticed that in the article is says that the first GT500 will roll out in June of 06.

Is this accurate?

1222[/snapback]

Yes, but only the very first GT500 that's being auctioned off and some VIP/executive cars. Don't expect the regular production GT500's to start production until several months later.

First car with built in history including documentation that will include TV coverage as well as Ford Reps. and Shelby in attendance,  plus the buyer gets to use the dollar amount over the MSRP  as a tax deduction.  I wouldn't be surprised at any amount but my guess is close to  $300,000

1246[/snapback]

no you are way off i herd $50,000

• 10 months later...

First car with built in history including documentation that will include TV coverage as well as Ford Reps. and Shelby in attendance, plus the buyer gets to use the dollar amount over the MSRP as a tax deduction. I wouldn't be surprised at any amount but my guess is close to $300,000

Uh...missed by a factor of 2. :hysterical:

Archived