TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT Anounced

Only 25 are being made by contract with West Coast Customs. They'll be first shown at SEMA this fall in Vegas. 500HP on the GT4.6 (obviously with bottom end mods). While this car is overkilled with WCC add-ons, I'd bet this is mechanically the rumored Shelby CS8 that Shelby has refused to even deny (let alone confirm) for the past 6 weeks (which is why I've speculated that an announcement must be close ;-) ...and SEMA is exactly where you'd expect them to float the trial baloon to guage interest in the mechanicals without giving away a CS8 announcement yet.

Here's the link to the announcement (joint announce with WCC) Shelby WCC 500HP GT4.6L (CS8 in disguise???) At the top of that page, if you click on "Vehicles" and then scroll down, it's the pic on the top-row, right-side.

Gotta be pretty quick!

:shift:

Any idea on cost?

can't find anything on price at SA or WCC ... here's a better pic of the WCC Shelby GT-Cobra

It's got a lot of added 'stuff' so likely pricey. My interest is that the performance modifications (chassis/engine) sound like a prototype for a Shelby Autos CS8 kit.

That article reads "available early 2006".

Yeah, it says first half 06. Hmmmm.

I just went back and checked my pix from SEMA 05 --whattya know -- here it is!

post-4902-1152465568_thumb.jpg

Funny how Shelby does things (or has others do things :) ) Because last fall they were taking orders for the CS6 abd had one in SA Las Vegas Museum! They still haven't shipped any and now it appears they'll just be shipping a CS6 kit, which should be imminent ('as soon as GT-H production winds down').

Wonder how long it will take to see a CS8 (or kit) ?

post-4902-1152465568_thumb.jpg

The WCC car was decided upon at the same time the CS6 was released they had pictures of the 2 cars side by side at SA in Vegas.

Heres the slideshow at WCC

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Showroom/v...amp;car=Mustang

Cost starting at $150,000 each

The press release is at the bottom of the page

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Home/Pages/press.htm

And heres the specs and what you get.

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Home/Pages/shelby.htm

This car is for the Pimp my ride folks its gonna be really loud in there :D Cost might be why its been a lowkey thing so far.

Steeda just hit with a 500Hp car The Steeda Q think its around $72.000 though I'm checking to see what exactly you get for that kind of money. You would have thought Saleen would be first to try and hit 500Hp he had a car right in the ballpark already. I still have to read my article on the Q to find out whats what though I believe you you can order them like you can Saleen and Roushs with various mods already done.

If SA is going to do something might be time to lay the cards out on the table. I read about that WCC car way back and that was it nothing after that :shrug:

The WCC car was decided upon at the same time the CS6 was released they had pictures of the 2 cars side by side at SA in Vegas.

Heres the slideshow at WCC

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Showroom/v...amp;car=Mustang

Cost starting at $150,000 each

The press release is at the bottom of the page

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Home/Pages/press.htm

And heres the specs and what you get.

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Home/Pages/shelby.htm

This car is for the Pimp my ride folks its gonna be really loud in there :D Cost might be why its been a lowkey thing so far.

Steeda just hit with a 500Hp car The Steeda Q think its around $72.000 though I'm checking to see what exactly you get for that kind of money. You would have thought Saleen would be first to try and hit 500Hp he had a car right in the ballpark already. I still have to read my article on the Q to find out whats what though I believe you you can order them like you can Saleen and Roushs with various mods already done.

If SA is going to do something might be time to lay the cards out on the table. I read about that WCC car way back and that was it nothing after that :shrug:

The Saleen stage-3 mustang is 475HP, 72,000-90,000 depending on the options. They're also doing a S331 F150 450HP/500ft-lbs S/C'd or 325HP/400ft-lbs Nat.Asp. (don't know prices).

-

I find it interesting that the Shelby WCC Cobra gives no deatils anywhere on the engine out side of that it built on the GT and uses a special Vortech s/c and makes 500HP. They tell you on every website it's shown, how many speakers and amps and doohickeys it has. In fact these sem to be the magic words they use: An exclusive Vortech Supercharger was added to the V8 engine and the Mustang's computer re-mapped to adapt to the newly-acclaimed output of more than 500 hp. Makes me want to plop down $150k.. not!

At the SEMA '05 show, right next to the WCC Shelby was a DOHC (not 3V) motor with "SHELBY" on the valve covers. But the car itself had it's hood closed. So I have no idea what engine the WCC-Shelby actually uses or what specifically they've done to it.

Though I see the pic of the CS6 and the WCC-Shelby next to each other at SA Las Vegas, I was at SEMA '05 first week of Nov (where I took the WCC-Shelby pic) and at Shelby Autos the following week (where I took CS6 pics) and there was no Shelby-WCC to be found anywhere at SA Las Vegas. So, I'd bet WCC trucked it to SA just for the photo-op with Carroll and the CS6 before showing it at SEMA and then trucked it back to Calif.

Makes me wonder if SA did one stitch of work on the WCC Shelby, or whether it's just another contract deal (I'd bet the latter). And how can Shelby Autos show the CS6 and take orders and, 8 months later, still not ship anything -- not even a kit (though these are expected soon). Seems like Shelby Autos works in mysterious ways. I'm starting to think that the whole SA operation, aside from their traditional classic Cobra business and slapping a CS signature-panel and maybe the hood and stripes on the GT-H that Ford already built for them, is just a licensing operation. I'd love to see some evidence to the contrary but it would seem that the only new business SA is in is licensing Carroll's name for fun and profit :)

$72k for a Mustang?

Shoot.

That's Z06 money.

No way, Jose.

I don't care how many body pieces they rivet on. :hysterical:

Yeah, I think it's just a licensed 'blingmobile' to showcase WCC's video/sound systems -- wonder how much Carroll is getting for this licensing deal?

Sheesh! At at least with the GT-H there's some evidence SA Las Vegas actually added a dash signature-plaque to the car -- and maybe a hood and stripes (maybe!). That may be as 'genuine-Shelby' as anything gets these days :doh:

Glad you liked that one, Dave!

It seems to me that Roush, Saleen, et al., seem to place a premium on body kits (as do the 350Z tuners). Body kits that in mostly all cases are useless.

I want to spend my dough on parts that add to performance. I don't mind stripes or a grill - but these boys are insane. :shift:

Oh - by the way - can you pass me the bling, please? :hysterical:

>this Mustang is genuinely worthy of wearing the Shelby badge.

Well, well, well. This is the most interesting line from the Shelby web site. A genuine Shelby....

If you read the Vanity Fair article on Shelby, one could draw the impression that licensing is his major enterprise these days. There is a figure in the article on how much he stands to make on licensing Ford to use his name on the GT500. It appears he's getting about $250 for each "Shelby" that rolls down Ford's line.

The Saleen S281 Extreme base price is $68,345 including shipping and gas guzzler. You can add the Shaker 500 for $665. The other options are special summer tires, panoramic roof, rainbow paint, etc that will drive the car to $90K in a hurry.

If you splurge for the radio, you get a 550HP (purpose built race engine) road racer (all the suspension goodies you can imagine) for $73,060 plus local taxes. Where I live that totals $77,626 if you don't haggle a bit.

I'm guessing that it'll run with a Z06 in a straight line and an M5/M3 on the twisties (as well as that Z06).

It seems to me that Roush, Saleen, et al., seem to place a premium on body kits (as do the 350Z tuners). Body kits that in mostly all cases are useless.

I want to spend my dough on parts that add to performance. I don't mind stripes or a grill - but these boys are insane.

Psst, keep this quiet Ruf, but Ford had this skunkworks that did just that. Called it SVT. :ninja:

The Saleen S281 Extreme base price is $68,345 including shipping and gas guzzler. You can add the Shaker 500 for $665. The other options are special summer tires, panoramic roof, rainbow paint, etc that will drive the car to $90K in a hurry.

If you splurge for the radio, you get a 550HP (purpose built race engine) road racer (all the suspension goodies you can imagine) for $73,060 plus local taxes. Where I live that totals $77,626 if you don't haggle a bit.

I'm guessing that it'll run with a Z06 in a straight line and an M5/M3 on the twisties (as well as that Z06).

Yeah, the Saleen should be fast 'cause it's light and they actually put quite a bit in the engine GT engine (pistons, rods, crank, s/c, etc). That's why I'm wondering what WCC did to the blingmobile motor. No one in their right mind would warranty 500HP on the stock GT motor bottom-end. I still bet that those mods become a Shelby 'CS8' kit.

Actually, what I'd like to see is someone doing Saleen engine mods but with the Roush front-end/driving lights/hood, side-scoops and qtr-panel louvers All those Roush styling touches are soooo nicely done IMO. A light-weight, cleanly-styled retro shelby and fast! I guess I'd have to also upgrade the brakes, 'cause with 475-500HP, the GT's will go up in smoke on a road course in about two laps of all-out flogging (energy-in = energy-out, one way or another) :)

If all else fails I'll have to put a modular crate motor and 4-link rear in my wife's '93 Taurus wagon :hysterical: it only weighs 3175 lbs, it's very aerodynamic, and it already has the french fry smell and all. :hysterical2:

:burnout:

It must just be me.

I'm thinking the Mustang was targeted at low to middle income "car people" who wanted a fun to drive sporty car.

Then - they add some hp to appeal to the gear heads (like us).

But then something happened.

Someone felt like some of us had money to burn.

I'm not buying into this road racing scenario. Ninety-nine percent (IMHO)of all Mustangs are driven on the streets.

Try to sell a 10 year-old Saleen or Roush and see what your return is.

Or - spend some bucks on your own GT. Personalize it. Make it go fast. And save thousands.

To be blunt - Roush and all like him - are capitalist whores.

Do your own thing with your Mustang.

(Jack - only kidding - can I have one of your blowers?) :shift:

Psst, keep this quiet Ruf, but Ford had this skunkworks that did just that. Called it SVT. :ninja:

:P

JETSOLVER, speaking of our SVT friends, I was talking to a friend from back-in-the-day today and we were talking on SVO-SVT/Coletti. He said that he thinks SVT under FRPP has split out the SVT marketing piece (to allign/combine with FRPP marketing) and that the whole SVT engineering piece is now known in Ford as SVE (Special Vehicle Engineering) like what SVO was 15 years ago -- pure engineering -- and that Colletti is the czar of that unit. He said he heard/read that in some official context (he can't remember) from either Ford or SVT or SVTOA or??

Do you know anything about that? Because if that's what they have Coletti doing, I'm feelin' gooood again! That's sure what I'd want him doing. That might also imply that Dan Davis might be working with Coletti (they know each other well) which would be outstanding! Wish I knew what the heck they were working on. :)

I'm with you man. I'm eyeballin' an '07 Grabber Orange GT myself - just waiting to see if I can get someone to cut loose with an x-plan pin (and a dealer that will accept it!). I'm not buying for resale - whether I get a GT500 or not - I'm buying for fun and I'll create my on "one off" Mustang.

Which blower I use is undecided yet but I think I've settled on the Steeda Stage II suspension, the GT500 rear spoiler, and painted on tungsten stripes - will cost a ton but will look awesome with the clear coat shot over the stripes I think.

I know I'm in the minority but I think the Saleen S281 Extreme is one bad puppy and will run circles around the GT500. Wish I could afford one!

Once I blow the base GT engine (sigh), figure $4000 (maybe) for a built shortblock and then turn the boost up to 15PSI and hold on.

I brought up the road racing because a buddy of mine road races his Viper - would like to try and keep up in a Mustang but I believe I'd have to approach $80K to do that!

It must just be me.

I'm thinking the Mustang was targeted at low to middle income "car people" who wanted a fun to drive sporty car.

I'm not buying into this road racing scenario. Ninety-nine percent (IMHO)of all Mustangs are driven on the streets.

Or - spend some bucks on your own GT. Personalize it. Make it go fast. And save thousands.

It must just be me.

I want his funky straw hat -- he's gotta be the wealthiest person sporting the die-hard migrant-farm-worker-look :hysterical2:

<not that I have a problem witht that, mind you :) >

I'm with you man. I'm eyeballin' an '07 Grabber Orange GT myself - just waiting to see if I can get someone to cut loose with an x-plan pin (and a dealer that will accept it!). I'm not buying for resale - whether I get a GT500 or not - I'm buying for fun and I'll create my on "one off" Mustang.

Which blower I use is undecided yet but I think I've settled on the Steeda Stage II suspension, the GT500 rear spoiler, and painted on tungsten stripes - will cost a ton but will look awesome with the clear coat shot over the stripes I think.

I know I'm in the minority but I think the Saleen S281 Extreme is one bad puppy and will run circles around the GT500. Wish I could afford one!

Once I blow the base GT engine (sigh), figure $4000 (maybe) for a built shortblock and then turn the boost up to 15PSI and hold on.

I brought up the road racing because a buddy of mine road races his Viper - would like to try and keep up in a Mustang but I believe I'd have to approach $80K to do that!

Steeda makes great suspension stuff... nice choice

...and remember, our Taurus Wagon could be for sale soon :hysterical:

:banvictory:

Archived