TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling All Members & Car Dealers!

How many StangsUnleashed Members sell new or used cars?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. I am this type of Automobile Dealer or Individual when it comes to car/trucks

• I Sell New Cars only for a living (Full Time)
    • I Sell New Cars & Used Cars for a living (Full Time)
    • I Sell New Cars only for a living (Part Time)
    • I Sell New Cars & Used Cars only for a living (Part Time)
    • I Sell Used Cars only for a living (Full Time)
    • I Sell Used Cars only for a living (Part Time)
    • I?m not a dealer but an Individual who likes to buy & sells when I can
    • I just buy them and drive?em, then trade them in on something else every couple of years.
    • I just buy them & never get rid if them (I collect them)

:censored: ?

Are you people getting LAZY!

We need something to do to pass the time away while we wait for our cars.

The least you can do is VOTE!

I know I heard enough people complain & praise about many dealers on this site ,now lets see what your made of? That's why their is a catagory to fit most everyone here on the StangsUnleashed forum board.

I used to sell cars for a living, but now I run a car rental company. I bought my first Mustang ( a '66 convertible ) when I was 14 years old, about 3 months before I was old enough to get my drivers license. I would still have it today if I hadn't put it on it's top when I was 17! Since then we have owned 15 other Mustangs, a Cougar, a Corvette

( momentary lack of judgment) A 7-Litre Galaxie, and a couple Shelby Chargers. I would love to get back in the used car business someday, but it's gonna be a while!

Been a salesman for about a year now. It's something I've always wanted to do, so I quit my $65k/year job cold-turkey and jumped right in feet first! The hours are brutal, and it can be emotionally draining at times. I managed to work my way from the floor to internet sales in 6 months. It's a lot more fun than the office job I had, but it was hard to get used to the varying paycheck amounts. I've always been a Ford person and I've owned various Fords, 14 in total over the years.

It's been a real eye opener. I will never "shop" a car deal again. As long as the salesman is cool, and I get a fair deal, I'll buy from him/her.

I used to sell cars for a living, but now I run a car rental company. I bought my first Mustang ( a '66 convertible ) when I was 14 years old, about 3 months before I was old enough to get my drivers license. I would still have it today if I hadn't put it on it's top when I was 17! Since then we have owned 15 other Mustangs, a Cougar, a Corvette

( momentary lack of judgment) A 7-Litre Galaxie, and a couple Shelby Chargers. I would love to get back in the used car business someday, but it's gonna be a while!

Owenkelley,

I can't remeber, do you work for HERTZ, AVIS or National? If you do work at HERTZ, I would like to know when the GT-H's go to the auction & where?

HotRod

Actually I work for Thrifty. The GT-H's will end up going to Ford Factory auctions. I used to be the used car manager for A Lincoln-Mercury Dealership so we had access to Ford Factory Sales. If you are thinking you might want one I would try to start a relationship with your Ford Dealer right away because they will be bidding against each other for these cars, and as we've seen they get pretty aggressive trying to buy cars that they know will be in short supply. I would try to make a deal with him for "X" dollars over whatever he has to pay for it, but give him a maximum price because he will be bidding against other dealers that want them really bad too. My guess is that they will start going to the auctions this fall sometime when the busy travel season starts winding down. They have Ford Factory Sales all over the country, but they always send cars to the sales that are closest to the locations that had the car, so if you live in an area that has GT-H's at their Hertz locations you will have better luck than those of us who live in areas that don't.

Actually I work for Thrifty. The GT-H's will end up going to Ford Factory auctions. I used to be the used car manager for A Lincoln-Mercury Dealership so we had access to Ford Factory Sales. If you are thinking you might want one I would try to start a relationship with your Ford Dealer right away because they will be bidding against each other for these cars, and as we've seen they get pretty aggressive trying to buy cars that they know will be in short supply. I would try to make a deal with him for "X" dollars over whatever he has to pay for it, but give him a maximum price because he will be bidding against other dealers that want them really bad too. My guess is that they will start going to the auctions this fall sometime when the busy travel season starts winding down. They have Ford Factory Sales all over the country, but they always send cars to the sales that are closest to the locations that had the car, so if you live in an area that has GT-H's at their Hertz locations you will have better luck than those of us who live in areas that don't.

Thanks for the info Owenkelley, but unless they ship them to Indiana, Michigan or Ohio, I'm dead in the water. :rip:

Another poll answer that was not included is Trucks. Although I sell new and used cars, I make my real money from Commercial Trucks like these.

Sorry isellford about leaving off the Commercial & Industrial side of the equation. It's just one of those mornings i guess (or evenings when I made it) :doh: I did mention trucks though in the bold line above the poll....

why would you ever wanna do that??

Well..... it seems to me that we have a lot of complainers on this board that want dealers for infomation when they can't get it from their dealer, so I thought it was a good idea to keep the information on the votes going so we know just how many of us are dealers & who is not so when we ask for help we know just how many members we can count on for info.

Shame on you Ed. "Making real money" shouldn't you be working for free.

BTW, who did the Fire bed for you. that bed looks real good.

That one was done by Alexis Fire Equipment Co in Alexis IL. They have been sustom building Fire Apparatus for over 50 years.

I also do a lot of quick response Airport Crash Trucks thru Crash Rescue in Dallas, TX.

That one was done by Alexis Fire Equipment Co in Alexis IL. They have been sustom building Fire Apparatus for over 50 years.

I also do a lot of quick response Airport Crash Trucks thru Crash Rescue in Dallas, TX.

Is that big yellow Bad boy on your avatar your demo, or one of your sells.

Did you have Manning do that for you?

Archived