TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Shelby in Kansas City Area

Just heard that the first shelby in the KC area has actually shown up at Bob Sight Ford (really in Lees Summit). Was also told that both doors were damaged but that he accepted delivery anyway. Maybe will try to swing by tomorrow on the way to the Lake to see if I can get a glimpse and a couple of photos. Don't know anything else about it.

John

Just heard that the first shelby in the KC area has actually shown up at Bob Sight Ford (really in Lees Summit). Was also told that both doors were damaged but that he accepted delivery anyway. Maybe will try to swing by tomorrow on the way to the Lake to see if I can get a glimpse and a couple of photos. Don't know anything else about it.

John

Hate to hear that!!

Let's bow our heads for a moment of silence...:violin:

how about the moment of sympathy for the poor sucker who is still gonna pay a huge adm for this car

Must be a black cloud around this area, a friend of mine who was able to get one of the first 2005 GT covertible in this area last year had a hole punctured in his vinyl roof. It makes you want your vehicle delivered in a sealed cargo truck.

Guest evilchris

how about the moment of sympathy for the poor sucker who is still gonna pay a huge adm for this car

...and won't know about it, since the dealer body shop monkeys will "fix 'er right up!"

John

Get the serial number so we can document it for the future owner now & 20 years from now!

...and won't know about it, since the dealer body shop monkeys will "fix 'er right up!"

I've actually had some pretty fine work from a Ford dealer; my son had a new Sport Trac that was rear ended by a big Dodge Ram, 16K of damage. Came back from thoroughbred ford looking better than new. Have had no issues with it in the 2 years since. They even took out some of the minor flaws under the clearcoat that it had from the factory. I have had some real hack jobs tho. Hopefully the shelby will get some extra sensitive attention. I have heard a number that they may be getting for the car, and it takes my breath away.

John

Must be a black cloud around this area, a friend of mine who was able to get one of the first 2005 GT covertible in this area last year had a hole punctured in his vinyl roof. It makes you want your vehicle delivered in a sealed cargo truck.

Sealed hell.... I want to personally pick mine up but they won't let us :rant:

Guest evilchris

Dealers are so fu :censored: ing useless. I wish we could just order cars from the manufacturer. What value does a dealer provide? Absolutely nothing. Just bad taste. They are also freaking stupid and don't even know their product as good as the customer. I was told many times when 1st sniffing around about 07 Mustang GT's that:

"they won't be out until September"

"you can't get heated seats in a Mustang, even 07's"

"there is no leather dash option"

This was when they were already in production and the order guides were out.

I asked what options were on Pearson Ford's Shelby, his answer?

"uh yeah it's got a supercharger, a v8 engine..."

crap like that.

Get the serial number so we can document it for the future owner now & 20 years from now!

look for an email from me on the frontline. No problem at all

John

sealed cargo delivery only 500 extra; its the 5K adm on top of that, that's the killer :hysterical:

Hey Man, haven't heard from you for awhile. I still have not found out anything about the shelby tour coming to KC. I think we may have been skipped. Wouldn't be the first time that KC has been treated like the ugly stepchild. How is your foot. Hopefully you are starting to get around. In case you haven't read any of my posts, the waiting is really starting to get to me. Someone needs to talk me out of moving over to the Z06 part of town. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for being so low to the ground (visibility and in/out) I would probably just go get one. Oh well, the waiting game continues. and of course Ford is not going to help with this by clear communications.

take care

John

John

sealed cargo delivery only 500 extra; its the 5K adm on top of that, that's the killer :hysterical:

Hey Man, haven't heard from you for awhile. I still have not found out anything about the shelby tour coming to KC. I think we may have been skipped. Wouldn't be the first time that KC has been treated like the ugly stepchild. How is your foot. Hopefully you are starting to get around. In case you haven't read any of my posts, the waiting is really starting to get to me. Someone needs to talk me out of moving over to the Z06 part of town. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for being so low to the ground (visibility and in/out) I would probably just go get one. Oh well, the waiting game continues. and of course Ford is not going to help with this by clear communications.

take care

John

Thanks... just put frontline in the message so I know what it is... plus I sent you an email...did you get it?

Thanks... just put frontline in the message so I know what it is... plus I sent you an email...did you get it?

I was actually responding to your email with an email of my own. Just read it and I think we will consider communication caught up. There may be some posts I am unaware of, have been out seeing a movie with my wife, a chick flick, The Lake House, I actually found it kind of enjoyable for being that type of movie. Maybe I just like the popcorn :bandance:

Long and short of it, you will be getting your frontline end of next week. Others will probably have to wait for Chris to get them in from Ford.

John

John

take care

John

My sources for info never developed, I myself am pi**ed off I couldn't find anything out about the KC visit and still can't find a vin for my car yet. My foot had a minor setback, I thought it was healing but it started to boomerang on me. I see my doctors next week so I am keeping off of it in hopes it will finally heal. Have fun this weekend and when my doctor gives me a good word on it watch out LaFuentes, I'll be calling you to have a brewsky and hopefully our vins will be finally in front of our eyes.

My sources for info never developed, I myself am pi**ed off I couldn't find anything out about the KC visit and still can't find a vin for my car yet. My foot had a minor setback, I thought it was healing but it started to boomerang on me. I see my doctors next week so I am keeping off of it in hopes it will finally heal. Have fun this weekend and when my doctor gives me a good word on it watch out LaFuentes, I'll be calling you to have a brewsky and hopefully our vins will be finally in front of our eyes.

great to hear from you, but sorry about the foot setback. I will not hold my breath on my vins, since my 2 dealers are so small. Patience is a virtue, but I am starting to feel like a sinner. :rant:

anyway, keep in touch. Holler when you can hit the road, or if you want me to personally deliver some good cold ones. Actually, I have had some good beer lately over at Granite City at Zona Rosa. Burgers aren't too bad either. Supposedly a similar place by the racetrack (can't remember the name) has a great selection of good beers. Man, wouldn't it be good to hop in the shelbys and take a cruise out to one of these places. Probably by next summer for sure

John

great to hear from you, but sorry about the foot setback. I will not hold my breath on my vins, since my 2 dealers are so small. Patience is a virtue, but I am starting to feel like a sinner. :rant:

anyway, keep in touch. Holler when you can hit the road, or if you want me to personally deliver some good cold ones. Actually, I have had some good beer lately over at Granite City at Zona Rosa. Burgers aren't too bad either. Supposedly a similar place by the racetrack (can't remember the name) has a great selection of good beers. Man, wouldn't it be good to hop in the shelbys and take a cruise out to one of these places. Probably by next summer for sure

John

It wouldn't happen to be Buster and Daves(I think thats the name) but not sure, a friend of mine that has a 69 Shelby pointed it out to me. He was in one in Colorado and said it was a good place for beer and food. I am like you trying to be patient but after being stiffed by dealers and all my regular info sources have dried up it makes you wonder is it worth it. I guess its time to think about how Carroll Shelby got through it all. Regroup, refocus and never give up.

>Dealers are so fuXXing useless. I wish we could just order cars from the manufacturer.

Damage probably done in transit. At least that was the case of the first-known Shebly to arrive in this area. A scratch on the door that required a re-paint. So, unless you can drive it out of the assembly line building, you're going to have to deal with "transit."

Dealers are so fu :censored: ing useless. I wish we could just order cars from the manufacturer. What value does a dealer provide? Absolutely nothing. Just bad taste. They are also freaking stupid and don't even know their product as good as the customer. I was told many times when 1st sniffing around about 07 Mustang GT's that:

"they won't be out until September"

"you can't get heated seats in a Mustang, even 07's"

"there is no leather dash option"

This was when they were already in production and the order guides were out.

I asked what options were on Pearson Ford's Shelby, his answer?

"uh yeah it's got a supercharger, a v8 engine..."

crap like that.

Yep, all of us dealers are useless. Thanks for reminding me. You have a nice day, too.

Guest evilchris

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jul 8 2006, 01:41 PM) 25393[/snapback]

Yep, all of us dealers are useless. Thanks for reminding me. You have a nice day, too.

I'm generalizing the majority. You are an oddity, don't take offense. You have to admit the majority is how I describe.

Hey Evil,

I heard that Pearson Ford's GT500 was damaged also in the front bumper :(

Ken

Sigh, jsut saw the other thread LOL sorry!

The damage wasn't so bad but I just came from Pearson and the GT500 is gone!!!

Sold for 72k to a guy from Palm Desert, I went to take good pictures and

GONE in a little than more 24hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jul 8 2006, 04:41 PM) 25393[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Five Oh is a very knowledgable Ford person...anyone would be fortunate to purchase a Shelby from him. I'm sure there are many more "oddities" out there...good dealerships. Ford has somewhere around 3,500 dealerships in North America. For someone to say "most" of them are stupid and useless means the poster has knowledge of 1,750 of them or more are this way...and I doubt anyone on this forum has visited (or has family and friends that have visited) that many dealerships.

I'd suggest adding words like "some" or "my dealership" if someone is going to make such comments. For example, "some people on this forum seem to have a lot of hatred and mean spirit inside of them."

Due to some comments from one of our "good" people on the forum, I removed the block I had on one person in this forum...I now see that was a mistake. The block is now back in place.

Dave

Five ho B,

do not take offence to what some poeple :soapbox:

it is by no means in your control what every dealer does or says!!!!

I myself have had two (2) pleasant sales and one was with Palm Springs Ford.

Both times my sale was talked with the G.M. I BLEED BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

The Z71 belongs to the wife, she already F***ED-up the 96 once!!!!

It was bought from Bob Stall and the salesman is now a personnal friend of mine...

YES, THAT PLEASANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jul 8 2006, 04:41 PM) 25393[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Five Oh is a very knowledgable Ford person...anyone would be fortunate to purchase a Shelby from him. I'm sure there are many more "oddities" out there...good dealerships. Ford has somewhere around 3,500 dealerships in North America. For someone to say "most" of them are stupid and useless means the poster has knowledge of 1,750 of them or more are this way...and I doubt anyone on this forum has visited (or has family and friends that have visited) that many dealerships.

I'd suggest adding words like "some" or "my dealership" if someone is going to make such comments. For example, "some people on this forum seem to have a lot of hatred and mean spirit inside of them."

Due to some comments from one of our "good" people on the forum, I removed the block I had on one person in this forum...I now see that was a mistake. The block is now back in place.

Dave

Terry1234,

I agree with you 100%!

Sorry you had to go to the Ignore feature, I was using it also for awhile (now it's off, but It may go back on depending on future comments from that one person or certain individuals?)

HotRod

When I had the paint problems with my '01 Cobra (the first year of the low VOC paint, I think, at Rouge plant?) it took almost a year to get region rep to agree to a full strip and re-paint. I wound up writing to Bill Ford and actually got a letter from "The President's Office" with a representative name/# and a problem tracking number. I got a call from the region rep the next day, but they still wanted to do a partial repaint (of three areas! not to mention overspray on the headlights). Why am I posting this? It turns out (after talking to a friend in Ford and my lawyer) that it is a franchise ragreement equirement that if a car is damaged or the dealer does any repair or painting of any kind, they must disclose that to the buyer before the sale whether or not the buyer notices it or asks or not. Of course, that's not always done as with my car.

I bought the car in NYC ($350 ever invoice) but had it repainted at our local upstate Ford dealer who has a state-of-the-art paint shop and some super talent -- they do some amazing work (not uncommmon to see Mercedes and BMWs in their shop and there's no such dealers anywhere around here). So, some dealers really do have their act together. The reason I wouldn't let the dealer in NYC touch the car is that their idea of painting is a spray can (I kid you not) or sending it out to a filthy shop in Long Island City that doesn't even have an environmental booth!

I'm so glad I had it done by the local dealer bodyshop (they even called me to say they were redoing it again when they noticed an off-tint on one panel when they went to clearcoat it. Of course they were getting paid by Ford to do it, but the care and communication was great and they had no problem with me stopping by every day or watching dis/reassembly -- good folks!

Anyhow, just to provide some balance to dealer doom-and-gloom stories <ok, don't stone me now!>

Archived