TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LOOKED AT ALLOY IN PERSON

STSVT

I happend to be near a ford dealership today so i decided to see if any 2007 mustangs were on the lot. There was a 2007 mustang gt coupe in alloy. The color is a very dark charcoal grey metalic. when you look at it from a distance and at a angle it looks black.When i looked at it the sun was very bright, so im shure at night and cloudy days it will look black. It is a very nice color and would look good with the stripe optons ford has given for the gt500 silver, and tungsten depending on interior choice. This color is much darker for all of you ELEANOR fans from the movie. The tungsten grey is a closer match than the alloy, despite tungstens lavender blueish hue you may see due to colors in the clearcoat. While i am on the subject there was an original movie GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS which i just saw recently and did nt even know about it. I am certain some of you have seen it already. I think it was made in 1974 and ELEANOR in the movie was a 1973 dark yellow mustang fastback. Speed vision just started to show this movie again and they said it had not been shown in a very long time and was just released again .The car chasing scenes were just awsome for all of you movie buffs. I am not really a movie person but the car scenes, and stunts, high speed pusuits were just awsome and are about 40min long with over something like 300 car wrecks. I am talking like the movie bullit awsome, so if you guys / gals havnt yet seen this movie you have to check it out . I think its available on dvd also i hav nt yet gone to the website but i think this is it www.goneinsixtyseconds.com

I happend to be near a ford dealership today so i decided to see if any 2007 mustangs were on the lot. There was a 2007 mustang gt coupe in alloy. The color is a very dark charcoal grey metalic. when you look at it from a distance and at a angle it looks black.When i looked at it the sun was very bright, so im shure at night and cloudy days it will look black...

Personally I don't like alloy. I've seen it as well and it was so dark that I thought "Why? Just get black." :shrug:

Your right, the original GI60S was good! "French Connection" has another memorable chase.

Check out the following link for a list of the top 10 car chase films. Top 10 Car Chase Movies

While i am on the subject there was an original movie GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS which i just saw recently and did nt even know about it. I am certain some of you have seen it already. I think it was made in 1974 and ELEANOR in the movie was a 1973 dark yellow mustang fastback. Speed vision just started to show this movie again and they said it had not been shown in a very long time and was just released again .The car chasing scenes were just awsome for all of you movie buffs. I am not really a movie person but the car scenes, and stunts, high speed pusuits were just awsome and are about 40min long with over something like 300 car wrecks. I am talking like the movie bullit awsome, so if you guys / gals havnt yet seen this movie you have to check it out . I think its available on dvd also i hav nt yet gone to the website but i think this is it www.goneinsixtyseconds.com

Saw it a week or two ago for the first time in many years. Acting sucks. Most were just friends or relatives of H.B. (the guy who made the movie) so that he could make it as cheaply as possible, but the chase scene is one of the best. :shift: Puts the new G.I.S.S. chase scenes to shame.

I originally ordered Alloy sight unseen when I learned it was darker rather than a lighter silver as the dealer had originally told me. After Robert Lane posted the first Alloy pics, I changed my order to Blue w/ white stripes. I'm sure Alloy is very nice in person, but I personally found it a little too dark. I must add that this site has been completely invaluable to me. I can't imagine how I could have dealt with ordering a GT500 based entirely on information (or lack thereof) from my dealer. Thank you all again for the great info.

That's precisely why I ordered the Alloy coupe with both tungsten stripes. I really like the black w/silver stripes, but I like to be just a little different. I like that you have to really look to tell that it's a different color than black. I also like that it is metallic rather than flat black. Doesn't show swirls. Even our best efforts can leave SOME or nay, a few swirl marks.

I really like the 'ghost effect' of the alloy with tungsten stripes.

To each his own I guess.

I think the white/blue is really sharp along with the red/white, but I don't want to see too many people with my car driving around. I don't imagine there will be a ton with the same color options. Hopefully not 'cause it looks bad!!

:doh:

I'll find out any day now...

I originally ordered Alloy sight unseen when I learned it was darker rather than a lighter silver as the dealer had originally told me. After Robert Lane posted the first Alloy pics, I changed my order to Blue w/ white stripes. I'm sure Alloy is very nice in person, but I personally found it a little too dark. I must add that this site has been completely invaluable to me. I can't imagine how I could have dealt with ordering a GT500 based entirely on information (or lack thereof) from my dealer. Thank you all again for the great info.

I checked out the alloy again today, from a distance of about 20 feet, in the sunlight the alloy takes on a dark metallic brownish cast. In the shade it almost looks black and up close it is a rich metalic alloy color. It looks different each time. Sort of how the tunsten takes on a different look from different angles.

I originally had the Tungsten ordered...but have become disenamored with the purplish hue. I therefore went to investigate other colors and took some pics of alloy/ebony/tungsten cars all right near each other. I have since changed my color to alloy with satin silver stripes (I know RUF, I need to change my avatar now).

Anyway, here are a few of the pics.

Dave

post-3382-1152674467_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674494_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674522_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674565_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674589_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674467_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674494_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674522_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674565_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1152674589_thumb.jpg