TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY'S DELIVERING

:bandance: :happy feet:

Ok ladies and Gentlemen here is the scoop, I just left the rail yard in Hapeville Ga. where they unlaod new cars off the rail and onto car carriers to deliver them to the dealers. I just watched them unload 4 Shelby GT 500 off the rail and WOW they are Georgous. There is no doubt they are the BOLD statment Ford is trying to make.

So some of you guys should be getting the call next week that your Shelby is in at least in the Southeast.

I could not hardly wait to get back to my desk to post this on this site. There was 2 red/white 1 black vert no stripe and 1 grabber orange/white. and I must say I do love the Orange and white the most .They looked awesom coming off the train one after another.

I know everyone is going to want pictures but I did not have my camera with me I will try and get some pic. next week.

THEY ARE FINALLY COMING IN !!!! :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance: :happy feet:

My car was built on the 12th of June and released to ship on the 27th. I have been checking the BNSF website to see if my car is on a railcar and it shows that it is not. The original eta was the 3rd of July, then the 8th. and now the 14th. If it is not on a railcar, it will not be here the 14th either.

You can check for your car by using the vin trace on the wedsite. If you know the last 8 digits of your vin number you can see where your car is. It will show you what city it is in at the time. It is like tracing a ups package. I track our company cars this way. We purchase about 50 Fords a year. Something is up with the moving ETA. This almost never happens unless there are problems with quality and thewy are holding cars.

msdcobra

...I just left the rail yard in Hapeville Ga. where they unlaod new cars off the rail and onto car carriers to deliver them to the dealers. I just watched them unload 4 Shelby GT 500 off the rail and WOW they are Georgous...

Did they take the long way from the train to the truck? Perhaps visiting a friend, going to lunch, or just plain scorching the tires around the block... :doh:

Damn, how am I supposed to remain patient (or focused on work) while these cars are out there...and I have no idea when I will get mine?!! Huh, tell me! :happy feet:

My car was built on the 12th of June and released to ship on the 27th. I have been checking the BNSF website to see if my car is on a railcar and it shows that it is not. The original eta was the 3rd of July, then the 8th. and now the 14th. If it is not on a railcar, it will not be here the 14th either.

You can check for your car by using the vin trace on the wedsite. If you know the last 8 digits of your vin number you can see where your car is. It will show you what city it is in at the time. It is like tracing a ups package. I track our company cars this way. We purchase about 50 Fords a year. Something is up with the moving ETA. This almost never happens unless there are problems with quality and thewy are holding cars.

msdcobra

You have the same basic dates that I have and I know for certain that mine is on a railcar. It could actually have arrived in Columbia, SC this afternoon. If that happens, I could actually have it tomorrow! More likely it will be here Monday or Tuesday, but I am prepared with the down payment today!

Your car has to be at the same shipping point or at least very close! I say you will have it before next weekend! Please post lots of pictures! Best of luck to you! And remember, we are so lucky to be receiving our cars this summer! Be glad for that and also, be patient!

msdcobra

What web site?

ACTULLY THEY WERE DRIVING THEM AROUND 1/2 OF A MILE TO PARK THEM AND WAS DRIVING THEM LIKE IT WAS A CHERRY. I THINK THEY WERE BEING WATCHED LIKE A HAWK. tHEY NEVER EXCEEDED 10 MILES AN HOUR. 1 ONE OF THEM DID REV THE ENGINE UP A LITTLE WHEN HE PASSED ME BUT IT WAS ALL GOOD.

YES,YES What WEB SITE???????????????????????????

http://www.bnsf.com/tools/prices/

bnsf web site above

if you notice on map BNSF does NOT run East of Lake Michigan so for someone to say they ship out east is a little misleading

they only run here

California

Chicago

Gulf

Kansas

Los Angeles

Montana

Nebraska

Northwest

Powder River

Southwest

Springfield

Texas

Twin Cities

http://www.bnsf.com/tools/prices/

bnsf web site above

if you notice on map BNSF does NOT run East of Lake Michigan so for someone to say they ship out east is a little misleading

they only run here....

I am an Engineer for BNSF. The list of locations is a little unclear. EX: it says Springfield. That is the the Springfield DIVISION, which stretches from Springfield, Mo all the way to Birmingham,Al.

We also interchange our trains with other railroads, so you can still track it, even if it's in the eastern 1/2 of the country. I'm out of Birmingham and about 20% of our business is auto trains that we interchange with Norfolk Southern and CSX. Mostly Honda and Mercedes loaded outbound from the two plants near here, but some inbound with Ford and other makes.

A divsion map:

http://www.bnsf.com/tools/reference/divisi...5&submenu=0

David Cole

How exactly do you use this site to track your vehicle?

Enter the last 8 digits of your VIN, and assuming your car is on a BNSF train, then it will tell you the status (i.e. passing through a city, eta to railhead, switching trains, etc.). Very useful website if you have a specific vehicle on a train that you're trying to track. We use it all the time for specialty cars or orders.

Ford can't even tell me if my car has been shipped or if it's still at the plant. I just called customer service and they told me the same thing as they did a couple of weeks ago. The car has been produced with an ETA of 7/13. I asked if it had left the plant or if it was still there, but she said she didn't know. All it said was produced and gave me the ETA. If anyone can give me a direct link to put in my vin at BNSF to see if they have it, I would greatly appreciate it. My dealer told me it would be here on the 6th which came and went. I've been pretty patient and continue to be, but I do feel a touch of psds coming on. Thanks in advance!

Ford can't even tell me if my car has been shipped or if it's still at the plant. I just called customer service and they told me the same thing as they did a couple of weeks ago. The car has been produced with an ETA of 7/13. I asked if it had left the plant or if it was still there, but she said she didn't know. All it said was produced and gave me the ETA. If anyone can give me a direct link to put in my vin at BNSF to see if they have it, I would greatly appreciate it. My dealer told me it would be here on the 6th which came and went. I've been pretty patient and continue to be, but I do feel a touch of psds coming on. Thanks in advance!

DITTO

Ditto Two+

FWIW, your car is probably still at the plant, and maybe still on 'Quality Hold' - whatever that means or what specifically it refers to. I have similar numbers to yours with regard to delivery time 7/7 - 7/14. Got the same rap from the several Customer Relationship Reps - now you know why they don't call it Customer Service anymore - I talked to last week. If you can get your dealer to call VOPC, they should be able to tell you where it is. Mine's still at the factory getting the stripes put on. I was told there would be no updates - if it's still at the factory - until next week. The upfitters are apparently still working on stripes during the plant closure, and some shipping will still be occuring if the car is released, but it seems that word confirming or updating the status will not be available until after the plant reopens. Which is after the promised delivery dates.

I have tried every angle, even the SVT number, and I cannot shake any more information out than that. I can't understand why we are caught in this black hole since the plant closure was known a long time ago. With all the date milestones these things have to go through, how could things suddenly get derailed by a predictable event?

Anyway, I think a few of us are in the same situation without much prospect of information for at least a week.

Our dates are right together because my dealer showed 7/6. I think this lady actually did access the VOPC. I gave her the vin and she wasn't really getting anywhere, so she asked if I had the order number. I gave her the order number. Next the asked for the dealer code, body code, model year, zip code of dealership, all of which I supplied and still, this is all the information she could give me.

DITTO 3 MY INITIAL ETA WAS 6/26 THEN 7/3 AND NOW 7/12 MY DEALER CALLED REGIONAL REP AND SHE SAID THE CAR WAS ABOUT A MILE DOWN THE ROAD WHERE THEY DO THE STRIPES. HE SAID THE CAR MIGHT ALREADY HAVE THE STRIPES ON IT HE WON'T KNOW AND HE ALSO BASICALLY SAID HE WON'T KNOW ANYMORE UNTIL THE CAR SHOWS UP AT HIS DEALERSHIP. THIS IS BULL :censored: I CAN TRACK A MOUSE TURD IN MALAYSIA THROUGH UPS BUT AS MUCH AS WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS CAR WE'LL KNOW WHEN IT GETS THERE WHAT THE :censored: IS THAT. I STILL HAVE TO ORGANIZE A SHIPPING COMPANY TO PICK UP MY CAR BECAUSE THE DEALER IS 850 MILES FROM ME AND IT COSTS MORE TO TELL THE SHIPPERS AT THE LAST MINUTE (LIKE A PLANE TICKET). I HAVE PSDS OUT THE YING-YANG. I TOLD MY DEALER TO THROW THE STRIPES IN THE CAR -SEND IT- AND I'LL PUT THE DAMN THINGS ON MYSELF. :angry2:

You have the same basic dates that I have and I know for certain that mine is on a railcar. It could actually have arrived in Columbia, SC this afternoon. If that happens, I could actually have it tomorrow! More likely it will be here Monday or Tuesday, but I am prepared with the down payment today!

Your car has to be at the same shipping point or at least very close! I say you will have it before next weekend! Please post lots of pictures! Best of luck to you! And remember, we are so lucky to be receiving our cars this summer! Be glad for that and also, be patient!

So....did it arrive yet? I guess I could have offered to go by the railyard this weekend to look for you since I live about 7 miles from it.

Chip in SC

So....did it arrive yet? I guess I could have offered to go by the railyard this weekend to look for you since I live about 7 miles from it.

Chip in SC

No, it hasn't arrived yet. I don't even know if it's on a railcar or still at the plant. I can't get an answer to that question.

No, it hasn't arrived yet. I don't even know if it's on a railcar or still at the plant. I can't get an answer to that question.

SAME HERE, WELL I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS ATLEAST I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. THIS IS A BUNCH OF BULL :censored: THOUGH. MY WIFE PLAYED A DIRTY JOKE ON ME LAST NIGHT SHE TOLD ME SHE PASSED BY A GT500 LAST NIGHT ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE STORE SHE WAS KIDDING OF COURSE, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL WHEATHER I SHOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY FOR THE GUY THAT GOT HIS OR PISSED CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE MY CAR IS? DUDE, WHERES MY CAR

SAME HERE, WELL I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS ATLEAST I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. THIS IS A BUNCH OF BULL :censored: THOUGH. MY WIFE PLAYED A DIRTY JOKE ON ME LAST NIGHT SHE TOLD ME SHE PASSED BY A GT500 LAST NIGHT ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE STORE SHE WAS KIDDING OF COURSE, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL WHEATHER I SHOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY FOR THE GUY THAT GOT HIS OR PISSED CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE MY CAR IS? DUDE, WHERES MY CAR

I was actually asking oldimp since he lives about an hour down the road and the railyard where his may come in is right near my house. Hope both of yours get here soon anyway!

Chip in SC

Same story on the west coast! my date went from 7/04/06 to 7/11/06 with a date of 6/26/06 of released from the plant. I have called the dealer, Ford,SVT and its the same story :censored: no shipping info, now some body must know something, ya think !!!Anybody got Shelbys #, maybe he can help !!!!! :doh:

Chip in SC

Hey, Chip!

No, it isn't here yet! There was a bunch of railcars (18 I think) going to Columbia, but mine wasn't on them. I talked with my dealership guy this afternoon and he says Wednesday or Thursday. This morning he told me it was heading to Columbia and that is about 500 miles. I believe he is thinking Wednesday because it is his normal day off and he told me he was going to work just in case it came in! He wants to be with me when it rolls down the street in front of the dealership! He is a good guy! All I can say is that I have prepared as much as I could think of and I am trying to be patient. The closer it gets to actually being here, the harder it is to be patient!

Say, Chip, do you know what rail line they are shipped on? Maybe I might be able to check something on the net like they are doing out west.

Stay in touch!

Say, Chip, do you know what rail line they are shipped on? Maybe I might be able to check something on the net like they are doing out west.

Stay in touch!

I'm not certain about the rail line but I think it might be Norfolk/Southern. Maybe I'll make a run by there this evening or tomorrow to take a look if I don't get run off. I was told I couldn't even stand at the gate to scan the lot for my car...even after I produced all my documents from when it was ordered. Depends on who is working and the time of day. I've got my fingers crossed for you (and my arms, toes, legs and even eyes)!

Chip

Stay in touch!

oldimp,

Rode by the yard yesterday but didn't see anything. Was not able to scan the entire yard due to an ill- tempered security guard. Not the one I usually see there. Might have looked over 20-30% of yard in detail. F150s & F250s were blocking my view of most of the yard. Could not see any Mustangs. Hopefully it was there and I couldn't see it.

Chip

Archived