TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picture of the Shelby GT500 7 July 2006

gt500hp

Well I'm back already and what a trip!

Ford had One White Shelby Convertible on display.

Took a few pictures of the cars.

First of all you may want to see what it can do in these pictures.

These shots are from a standing start, until the Ford guy put the kibosh on it. :rant:

At the top of the pictures, where the rubber marks end abruptly is where he said shut her down.:

This car would have kept burning rubber all the way down the lot.

Needless to say it opened the eyes of some magazine writers and photographers who were present.

The photographers begged to light it up one more time so they could take moving pictures but the Ford Boss said no that was the last time that will happen. :shrug:

There was a little chewing session taking place because of this incident.....

It is very smooth and quiet. I also got to drive it in city traffic here in Tampa. It is very well behaved, with third gear being adequate for city driving. The exhaust is tame sounding,except when you really get into accelerating with gusto.

I felt extremely fortunate to get the opportunity to drive this car and can't wait for mine to arrive! :rockon:

[/quote

More Pictures...... :cheerleader:

post-4951-1152289471_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152289533_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152292018_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152292344_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152292399_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152289471_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152289533_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152292018_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152292344_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152292399_thumb.jpg

THAT'S what we're talkin' about!!!! Awesome!

BTW- I don't know why the Ford boss wouldn't want movies of the tires smokin'- they showed a GT burning rubber on a commercial!

THAT'S what we're talkin' about!!!! Awesome!

BTW- I don't know why the Ford boss wouldn't want movies of the tires smokin'- they showed a GT burning rubber on a commercial!

My only guess was because they only had the one car there and didn't want everybody getting crazy with it in the parking lot....

Before I could drive the car.......I had to sign a release from Ford relieveing them of all responsiblity in case something were to happen. like injury from an accident, etc. :doh:

Here's a shot of the inside!

post-4951-1152294579_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152294579_thumb.jpg

Oh man! I've got THE SYNDROME worst than ever now! I'm not gettin mine until winter. I'm gonna need a shrink.

My only guess was because they only had the one car there and didn't want everybody getting crazy with it in the parking lot....

Before I could drive the car.......I had to sign a release from Ford relieveing them of all responsiblity in case something were to happen. like injury from an accident, etc. :doh:

In return, you should have given them a form to sign...giving them full responsibility for causing your (our) PSDS... :hysterical:

Thanks for the great shots! Was Ford letting anybody who showed up to this event drive this beast or do you work for a magazine? Regardless, you're one lucky dude!!

gt500hp,

Are the stripes on this one Tungsten? Thanks!

Congrats. Why would someone want to stay in 3rd for city driving though?????????

Here is what a bone stock 04 with a whimpy 390hp can do. I could of gone further but lets face it, Why bother.

http://media.putfile.com/Traction-issue

Tampa has more stop lights than christmas tree lights. Didn't mean to imply that third would be the highest gear you could use. Just too much traffic and too many lights.

This beast is made to be driven where you can really wind out the gears and use the supercharger. Hell, lets face it, you wouldn't even have to shift between lights if you really wan't to thave some fun! :rockon:

Some more pictures of the diferent vehicles to include.

Ruf Does this look like yours?

2007 coupe in Black and another coupe dark blue with 300 side stripes.

Also, some trucks! :happy feet:

gt500hp,

Are the stripes on this one Tungsten? Thanks!

The stripes were definitely Black on the white convt.!

post-4951-1152306209_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306432_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306550_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306629_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152307114_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306209_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306432_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306550_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152306629_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152307114_thumb.jpg

Tampa has more stop lights that christmas tree lights. Didn't mean to imply that third would be the highest gear you could use. Just too much traffic and too many lights.

This beast is made to be driven where you can really wind out the gears and use the supercharger. Hell, lets face it, you wouldn't even have to shift between lights if you really wan't to thave some fun! :rockon:

Also, some trucks!

Also, some trucks! :happy feet:

The stripes were definitely Black on the white convt.!

GT500, THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH ME, BROUGHT MY BABY HOME DURING RUSH HOUR BOTH ON THE MAIN STREETS AND THE HIGHWAY.

BEFORE YOU GET YOUR SHELBY FIND THE COUNTY ROAD.

WHEN YOU GET YOUR SHELBY..... TAKE IT DOWN THAT COUNTY ROAD IN NOMANS LAND.... YOU WILL ENJOY IT THEN. :happy feet:

GT500, THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH ME, BROUGHT MY BABY HOME DURING RUSH HOUR BOTH ON THE MAIN STREETS AND THE HIGHWAY.

BEFORE YOU GET YOUR SHELBY FIND THE COUNTY ROAD.

WHEN YOU GET YOUR SHELBY..... TAKE IT DOWN THAT COUNTY ROAD IN NOMANS LAND.... YOU WILL ENJOY IT THEN. :happy feet:

From what I hear, you certainly must be blessed to get your car when you did!

If I ever loose my winning lotto ticket, I hope you find it. :party:

Yeah - the black GT coupe looks like mine - but mine will have the over the top 10" silver stripes - lowered springs - and 19's! :shift:

I'm waiting to see Isellford's Shelby spoiler, too. I don't like the GT spoiler, but the Shelby looks like a fit.

\

PLEASE ANSWER-------HOW DID YOU GET TO DRIVE IT????????

THANK YOU!

Just arrived when not many visitors were around, and chatted with the guys from Ford. I was offered the oppportunity to take a ride and wound up being offered the opportunity to drive the car. I guess they could tell I have PSDS.

I did mention that I have mine on order and can't wait to get it.

That's it! :shift:

HAVE YOU BOUGHT A TICKET YET?! I BOUGHT MINE TODAY! :shift:

[/quote

No I didn't thanks for reminding me ! :doh:

How did you get the oppurtunity to drive the car? What is the deal with the 'GT 300' stripe I saw someone local with one?? Thank you for the pics. :bandance:

To the best of my knowledge, this is a 2007 coupe with side stripes applied at the dealer or they may be an option that you can order from the factory designating the ..... 4.6l engine with 300hp. :shrug:

Archived