TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why is there only 1 person who has received their Gt 500

I have only read 1 acknowledgement by someone on this site that they have received their Gt 500. (the vista blue indy car). My car built on the 26th of June was shipped last week but is not in at Classic Ford in Cleveland but s/b here today or the latest by Monday. I know production started for the 1st models around the 1st week of June. Are people disappearing off this sight when they receive their cars? :rant:

Where are the stories and the pics?????

I have only read 1 acknowledgement by someone on this site that they have received their Gt 500. (the vista blue indy car). My car built on the 26th of June was shipped last week but is not in at Classic Ford in Cleveland but s/b here today or the latest by Monday. I know production started for the 1st models around the 1st week of June. Are people disappearing off this sight when they receive their cars? :rant:

Mine's sitting in the lot waiting on stripes to be applied once the UAW folks return on the 17th. Otherwise, I'd have it already. It was built 6/26. Stripes! Hell, I'd have done an instant "stripe delete" if they'd let me, but there's no one there to release the car!!! :doh:

:shift:

bj

Actually two have posted as delievered, see barbarron in the registry.

Mine's sitting in the lot waiting on stripes to be applied once the UAW folks return on the 17th. Otherwise, I'd have it already. It was built 6/26. Stripes! Hell, I'd have done an instant "stripe delete" if they'd let me, but there's no one there to release the car!!! :doh:

:shift:

bj

Yeah, BJ, mine was built 6/27 and's probably sitting next to yours collecting pigeon crap performance white stripes.

Tell them to open your doors carefully so as not to dent my doors. I'm also told it's released from plant, but on quality hold, no estimated ship date.

Anyone: Were the earlier cars also held? For how long? Yeah, I know the plant's closed, but I was told the upfitters were still working.

There are still Shelby's sitting on quality hold. I checked on one that i ordered for a friend that was built 6/17 and shows released from plant but it is still on hold.

Mine was on hold, I believe for at least two weeks (maybe a little longer)before it shipped.

Guest evilchris

There was a GT500 coupe delivered to Pearson Ford in San Diego this morning. 619-283-7181

I called and talked to John. He said they turned down $25k over. lol. They will probably keep it on the lot to draw traffic for a few months. No need for them to sell it unless a retard comes in and offers 100k or something.

MINE WAS BUILT 6/16 IT HAS BEEN REKEASED FROM PLANT AND IS SUPOSED TO BE ABOUT A MILE DOWN THE ROAD WHERE THE STRIPES ARE APPLIED. I MADE MY DEALER CALL THE REGIONAL REP AND HAVE HER CALL THE PLANT AND SHE SAID IT IS UNKNOWN WHEATHER THE CAR HAS IT'S STRIPES ON OR NOT AND WHEATHER IT HAS ACTUALLY SHIPPED FROM THAT PLANT TO THE DEALER OR NOT. HUH :wacko: IS THIS TRUE IF IT IS ,THATS REDICULOUS ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY CAN'T EVEN TRACK WHAT THIER MAKING. I FIGURED AS MUCH AS I HAVE PAID FOR THIS CAR THEY CAN ATLEAST LET ME KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH SOME CERTAINTY. MY ORIGINAL ETA WAS 6/26 WHATEVER. I JUST WANT MY CAR NOW I TOLD MY DEALER TO TELL THE PLANT TO THROW THE STRIPES IN MY, SHIP IT AND I'LL PUT THEM ON WHEN I GET IT.

MINE WAS BUILT 6/16 IT HAS BEEN REKEASED FROM PLANT AND IS SUPOSED TO BE ABOUT A MILE DOWN THE ROAD WHERE THE STRIPES ARE APPLIED. I MADE MY DEALER CALL THE REGIONAL REP AND HAVE HER CALL THE PLANT AND SHE SAID IT IS UNKNOWN WHEATHER THE CAR HAS IT'S STRIPES ON OR NOT AND WHEATHER IT HAS ACTUALLY SHIPPED FROM THAT PLANT TO THE DEALER OR NOT. HUH :wacko: IS THIS TRUE IF IT IS ,THATS REDICULOUS ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY CAN'T EVEN TRACK WHAT THIER MAKING. I FIGURED AS MUCH AS I HAVE PAID FOR THIS CAR THEY CAN ATLEAST LET ME KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH SOME CERTAINTY. MY ORIGINAL ETA WAS 6/26 WHATEVER. I JUST WANT MY CAR NOW I TOLD MY DEALER TO TELL THE PLANT TO THROW THE STRIPES IN MY, SHIP IT AND I'LL PUT THEM ON WHEN I GET IT.

Dude....

Patience. It will get there. Let them get it right. At least you know its built. More than most of us have right now. You will get it soon enough. Long before I will.

I know exactly how you feel.

I called and talked to John. He said they turned down $25k over. lol. They will probably keep it on the lot to draw traffic for a few months. No need for them to sell it unless a retard comes in and offers 100k or something.

Per a salesperson from Pierson Ford in San Diego "the shelby sold in one day for 30K over" - can't confirm. only heresay from salesperson.

There are some people with more $ than brains out there that's for sure!

Per a salesperson from Pierson Ford in San Diego "the shelby sold in one day for 30K over" - can't confirm. only heresay from salesperson.

There are some people with more $ than brains out there that's for sure!

They have brains, it's commen sence they lack.

But there are those few that $$$ & life mean nothing!!!

They have brains, it's commen sence they lack.

But there are those few that $$$ & life mean nothing!!!

It did sell but I was told by the G.M.that it went for 28k over,

72k+

I think it's also safe to assume that most people who buy a GT500 have never heard of this site (or any of it's competitors). Many, many people walk into a dealership and pay whatever they're told to pay. It's mind boggling to me but alot of people are simply conditioned to shop this way - they don't haggle at Wal-Mart so they don't haggle at Bendem Over Ford either.

But.... these are good deals because the customer - however uniformed they may be - gets what they think is a good deal and the salesperson gets what he/she thinks is a good deal so everybody is happy.

I bet the salesman on this forum would agree that an informed customer isn't near as easy to deal with as an uninformed (read naive) customer.

Archived