TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PHOTO FOR BACKGROUND

I know this is off topic but why do all the photo's show cross-drill rotors, our rotors aren't cross-drilled are they? :headscratch:

Well, the cross drilled rotors are hiding somewhere with the twin screw blowers.

It's a bait and switch but understandable (though not necessarily forgivable) since Ford was trying to lower costs on the GT500 - cross drilled rotors and high quality blowers add to costs.

Ironically, all they've done is give the dealers more ADM profit. If they had put the upgraded brakes and blowers on and MSRP'd the thing for say... around $48,000 (coupe) the same people would still have bought right away but the dealers probably wouldn't get as much ADM.

Guest evilchris

Well, the cross drilled rotors are hiding somewhere with the twin screw blowers.

It's a bait and switch but understandable (though not necessarily forgivable) since Ford was trying to lower costs on the GT500 - cross drilled rotors and high quality blowers add to costs.

Ironically, all they've done is give the dealers more ADM profit. If they had put the upgraded brakes and blowers on and MSRP'd the thing for say... around $48,000 (coupe) the same people would still have bought right away but the dealers probably wouldn't get as much ADM.

No shit, they also could have put a damn aluminum block on the thing, and at least aluminum doors. Probaly shave 200 lbs right there. Also moved the battery to the back. Would still sell out. Who knows why Ford does what it does.

I would love to see a high quality Grabber Orange w/ Tungsten Stripe pic for my desktop (that's the color I'm going with .... at least I think so right now. Last week it was Torch Red w/ performance white, the week before that it was Vista Blue w/performance white ..... decisions decisions). But for now, please any good Grabber Orange w/Tungsten stripes would be awesome!

No shit, they also could have put a damn aluminum block on the thing, and at least aluminum doors. Probaly shave 200 lbs right there. Also moved the battery to the back. Would still sell out. Who knows why Ford does what it does.

OMG, I think I have to agree with Evil on this one! ...though I think alum doors may be pushing it a bit. Add a CF hood to the list of shoulda hads.

Archived