TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Certificate for Shelby

colt

I just called Andrew @ SVT to see if they are planning to issue a certificate for the new Shelby. Yes, they want to do. But they are waiting for budget approval to do the work. He should know the answer by the end of October or November. If approve they will start issue prior to end of 07 production. I also asked if PL holder will get anything special for by the Shelby. He said no.

By the way any PL get their car yet? My will not be del until 8/10.

Colt

Do you think if we all started calling the S.V.T line that this would help them make up their minds as to producing a certificate with each Shelby`s serial #on & build date ???????????????

I know its hard to get through to FORD.

Colt

Do you think if we all started calling the S.V.T line that this would help them make up their minds as to producing a certificate with each Shelby`s serial #on & build date ???????????????

I know its hard to get through to FORD.

Do have the number that we could call? Guys from SVT really want to do.

My guess & this is only a guess... is that FORD will get the budget approved in late December, but will not send out any certificates until the last car is built for the 2007 Model year production run, which ends the last week of May 2007. :doh:

Then during the 1st week in June 2008, they will start making the 2008 Shelby’s and that would definitely explain why they can’t commit to an exact amount or number of Shelby’s to be made for all of 2007 because they just don’t know yet? :doh: And why they are not in a hurry to send out the certificates. :doh:

Edit: Just a tweak... :doh:

I don't think we need an exact number but within a couple hundred would be nice if for no other reason than to pin down some dealer hype. It would cost FORD NOTHING except imaginary dealer hype to let the world know through a one paragraph press release. Hell just give me the number Ford and we'll write the pr.

I just called Andrew @ SVT to see if they are planning to issue a certificate for the new Shelby. Yes, they want to do. But they are waiting for budget approval to do the work. He should know the answer by the end of October or November. If approve they will start issue prior to end of 07 production. I also asked if PL holder will get anything special for by the Shelby. He said no.

By the way any PL get their car yet? My will not be del until 8/10.

colt,

also a PL holder and I have been told by both dealer and 800# that my arrival date is

between July 10-17 :bandance:

My guess & this is only a guess... is that FORD will get the budget approved in late December, but will not send out any certificates until the last car is built for the 2007 Model year production run, which ends the last week of May 2007. :doh:

Then during the 1st week in June 2008, they will start making the 2008 Shelby’s and would definitely explain why they can’t commit to an exact amount or number of Shelby’s to be made for all of 2007 because they just don’t know yet? :doh:

You are correct ColdwaterHotrod,

none of my Cert.s for my other 2 Cobras end in an even #,

it would explain why my Cert.s always arrived quite a bit latter!

Archived