TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Exterior Colors

I picked up a 2006 & 2007 Ford Car Exterior paint chip hand-out and I see it has all the new colors we are wanting to see on the car. For some of those who need to see the color 1st hand here is a listing of what models are in what colors to aid you in your hunt.

ALLOY CLEARCOAT METALLIC

- 2007 Mustang or Mustang GT, Fusion, Five-Hundred & Freestyle

(EBONY) BLACK CLEARCOAT

- 2006 Mustang or Mustang GT, Fusion, Five-Hundred, Freestyle, Freestar, Taurus, Crown Victoria.

- 2007 Mustang or Mustang GT, Fusion, Five-Hundred, Freestar, Crown Victoria, Focus

GRABBER ORANGE CLEARCOAT

- 2007 Mustang or Mustang GT

VISTA BLUE CLEARCOAT METALLIC

- 2006 or 2007 Mustang or Mustang GT

PERFORMANCE WHITE CLEARCOAT

TUNGSTEN GREY CLEARCOAT METALLIC

- 2006 Taurus, Crown Victoria, Fusion, Mustang or Mustang GT

- 2007 Mustang or Mustang GT & Fusion

SATIN SILVER CLEARCOAT METALLIC

Hope this helps for those undecided & good luck hunting them down on dealership lots

I picked up a 2006 & 2007 Ford Car Exterior paint chip hand-out and I see it has all the new colors we are wanting to see on the car. For some of those who need to see the color 1st hand here is a listing of what models are in what colors to aid you in your hunt.

Hope this helps for those undecided & good luck hunting them down on dealership lots

This is excellent sleuthing work CWHR. I'm contemplating changing colors...I want to see the Alloy up close. My wife will crack up when I tell her we're going to look at Ford 500s. :hysterical2:

Dave

This is excellent sleuthing work CWHR. I'm contemplating changing colors...I want to see the Alloy up close. My wife will crack up when I tell her we're going to look at Ford 500s. :hysterical2:

Dave

I'm an Automotive Engineer & I love details plus it adds to the Shelby collection I have going. Glad I could help.

By the way.... Tell her you heard their was a 500 that just arrived at the dealers lot & you must go right now before it's sold :shift:

Then when she sees it's a Ford Five-Hundred start Laughing & say Gottcha :hysterical::hysterical:

I'm an Automotive Engineer & I love details plus it adds to the Shelby collection I have going. Glad I could help.

By the way.... Tell her you heard their was a 500 that just arrived at the dealers lot & you must go right now before it's sold :shift:

Then when she sees it's a Ford Five-Hundred start Laughing & say Gottcha :hysterical::hysterical:

I have a 69 Camaro with a hi-perf small block in it. You want to know the funniest thing that my wife likes about it (of course you do :hysterical: )? One time I accelerated pretty hard in first gear, and then realized I was going too fast, so I shifted straight from 1st to 3rd. She said "did you just skip gears?". I said "yes". For about 6 months, she thought you could ONLY do that in an old car...LMAO. I couldn't bear to break the news to her...as she was telling all our friends how cool it was...but finally I had to show her in my 2003 Honda CRV that you can do that in ANY car with a manual trans. She was bummed that it wasn't a "special feature" to my Camaro.

She's a real trooper though...she know's all the specs on the Camaro so when she's sitting in it waiting for me to run in and buy octane booster and some guy says "What's it got in it?" she can rattle off the engine size, rear gear ratio, Holley size, and so on. :happy feet:

Dave

Guest evilchris

Dave

Alloy is the "it" color this year imo.

I have a 69 Camaro with a hi-perf small block in it. You want to know the funniest thing that my wife likes about it (of course you do :hysterical: )? One time I accelerated pretty hard in first gear, and then realized I was going too fast, so I shifted straight from 1st to 3rd. She said "did you just skip gears?". I said "yes". For about 6 months, she thought you could ONLY do that in an old car...LMAO. I couldn't bear to break the news to her...as she was telling all our friends how cool it was...but finally I had to show her in my 2003 Honda CRV that you can do that in ANY car with a manual trans. She was bummed that it wasn't a "special feature" to my Camaro.

She's a real trooper though...she know's all the specs on the Camaro so when she's sitting in it waiting for me to run in and buy octane booster and some guy says "What's it got in it?" she can rattle off the engine size, rear gear ratio, Holley size, and so on. :happy feet:

Dave

Hey Dave, have you fired up the DZ since the new heads and such? Those pics you posted looked sweet, bro!

Your wife is a woman after my heart ...women talking cars is good for the soul :)

Back in the day I was running a 427vette with my little 390 69 fastback... needless to say, even tho I got a little jump on the line, he got me by a few lengths. This was highway racing on the infamous 'connecting highway' in Astoria, NY. Just as we crossed the second overpass (the 1/4 mile 'line') and I had just shifted to 4th to continue driving (with 3.00:1 gears, she ran the 1/4 in third!) he stands on his discs and I stood on the brakes but, rather than me winding up in his trunk (braking was not the '68's forte) I threw it in 1st! I don't know what made me do that (sheer panic?!) or how fast we were going, but it was still well over 80! Now, my '68 will go 62 mph in 1st at 6,000, but needless to say, it's hard to go straight with the rear wheels doing most of the braking. Fortunately I kept off the wall and got it straight again. Who'd a thunk! I was just so happy I only lost by 3 lengths to a 427 vette with 100 more HP that I guess I never thought he might stand on the brakes right in front of me! Glad those old 390s were tough as nails. As soon as I put in the clutch she stalled, but as soon as the lifters recovered, she restarted and it actually looked like I know what I was doing -- sheesh! ...thought I was gonna die!

So, now you can show your wife how it works on downshifting too :)

Hey Dave, have you fired up the DZ since the new heads and such? Those pics you posted looked sweet, bro!

So, now you can show your wife how it works on downshifting too :)

Yes, it runs slightly better with the new heads...the old ones I had were the "double hump fuelies"...so they were good heads too.

I'll pass on that downshifting try...sounds like a recipe for disaster.

By the way...your account of almost running into the back of the vette reminded me of a joke.

Do you know why stupid dogs have flat faces? From chasing parked cars. :hysterical:

Dave

Yes, it runs slightly better with the new heads...the old ones I had were the "double hump fuelies"...so they were good heads too.

I'll pass on that downshifting try...sounds like a recipe for disaster.

By the way...your account of almost running into the back of the vette reminded me of a joke.

Do you know why stupid dogs have flat faces? From chasing parked cars. :hysterical:

Dave

:hysterical: ouch!

yeah, ya do some funny things when you're 20 -- when I think back... it's amazing we're all here! ;-)

GT, those pix are tungsten/white, yes?

PS - I just noticed you're having a big anniversary in January, very funny... :hysterical2

This is a picture of the same car, the stripes look like satin silver.

Yeah< I'm getting to old for these new fangled sports cars! :shift:

post-4951-1152671820_thumb.jpg

post-4951-1152671820_thumb.jpg

Tungsten cannot be ordered with white stripes, only satin silver (or you can delete the stripes).

Dave

Ah, I see... thanks, Dave... sure looks nice!

This is a picture of the same car, the stripes look like satin silver.

Yeah< I'm getting to old for these new fangled sports cars! :shift:

Thanks GT... guess it's actually Tungsten/Silver

PS - your profile says: Birthday - 29 January 1907 ... is that real?!!! If so, God bless ya! :)

Archived