TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest Canadian Rumour

SVTpower

My dealer tells me that all Ford dealers may be allowed to sell the Shelby next year. This came out as a friend of mine is # 5 on the 08 list and was told this. The Gen. Mgr told him he may only see 1-3 cars only next year and may have to give many deposits back..........this is per as his SVT rep told him.

In Canada the 2008 Shelby will be distributed only through current SVT dealers. A letter was issued last week in this regard from the President of Ford of Canada to SVT dealers. For model years after 2008, however, the allocation of SVT type product may open up to other dealers.

Not sure if spreading the Shelby around to all dealers may have been a good idea for potential customers though - a good number may just have ended up in dealer garages not for sale.

In Canada the 2008 Shelby will be distributed only through current SVT dealers. A letter was issued last week in this regard from the President of Ford of Canada to SVT dealers. For model years after 2008, however, the allocation of SVT type product may open up to other dealers.

Not sure if spreading the Shelby around to all dealers may have been a good idea for potential customers though - a good number may just have ended up in dealer garages not for sale.

This is a very,very bad idea. See GT sales and service for good reasons not to do this.

Archived