TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The plot thickens...Canadian pricing(!)

Seahorse

Well paid a visit to my local dealer again today to see if they have pricing yet (I'm in Nfld.) - I know I won't make the list for a 2007, but I'm more than willing to settle for a 2008, I can be patient at times *L*. Anyway, still no "official" word yet but they "expect the coupe to come in at around 60 and the 'vert at 65G's". Hmmmm, that don't quite seem right what with pricing other prospective Can buyers have posted here (i.e. 51995 + shipping for the coupe). I think something is starting to smell just a wee bit.

The salesman I'm dealing with did say something else real interesting though - that is they may not get their full allotment of 15 cars for 2007 and may come up 2 or 3 short. He didn't explain why, just that that's the latest they've been told from Ford.

Honestly, I really don't mind waiting. BUT I don't like the way things are headed...still no "official" pricing, and all the "expected" figures I've been told keep on creeping up and up. And now possibly less cars to boot.

I dunno...I'm in no hurry to buy something, but I am READY to buy. So if the right car comes along before this comedy plays out, I could pull the trigger at any time on something else.

Just tell him you know what MSRP is and if he deigns to sell one that is what you'll pay. I know the frustration as I have gotten heavy into modding my toy and I am gonna need a new car soon. But as yet we do not have an official Canadian price guide as a scan or PDF that you can take to a dealer. Anyone?(Robert?) :sos:

My dealer is getting 3-4 in July alone. I confirmed this on Friday with him - In fact, I am #5 on the list and he told me that I am next for a VIN #, which he figures will be this Friday :cheerleader:

So I am now wondering about the 1 per month theory. Time will tell, I have been told by my dealer that 21 days to his lot is the worst case scenario once he gets my VIN # :bandance:

No BS from my dealer yet ! and I am in at MSRP.

I am starting to think that half of the BS posted on this board is from the cheezie dealers out there. You know what they say about car salesmen.

I have a suspicion that your Dealer might be selling his Allotment, or part of, to an American Dealer who's offering him Over Canadian MSRP for them. Why would he be doing this? Greed and the probability that he isn't able to sell 15 Shelby's in Newfoundland. (I'm Not slighting Newfoundland) Sell them to Americans who are dying for the car and he'll make more than selling them in Canada! You're right, it is starting to smell.

There is no way in Hell that the Dealer doesn't know the MSRP or the Allotment! I get delivery of my Shelby next week. That's Reality. I know what I'm Paying.

Call his Bluff.

I have a suspicion that your Dealer might be selling his Allotment, or part of, to an American Dealer who's offering him Over Canadian MSRP for them. Why would he be doing this? Greed and the probability that he isn't able to sell 15 Shelby's in Newfoundland. (I'm Not slighting Newfoundland) Sell them to Americans who are dying for the car and he'll make more than selling them in Canada! You're right, it is starting to smell.

There is no way in Hell that the Dealer doesn't know the MSRP or the Allotment! I get delivery of my Shelby next week. That's Reality. I know what I'm Paying.

Call his Bluff.

Actually I did tell quote him that 51995 figure, and he said he'd do some checking. But like you said, I've no doubt the dealership (if not the actual saleman) has the pricing. And they're also no doubt aware of the feeding frenzy in the U.S. over this car and want in on some of that action - either through selling allotments, or jacking the price themselve (the latter seems to be the case I'm thinking - they're just trying to nail down how to go about it).

Actually I did tell quote him that 51995 figure, and he said he'd do some checking. But like you said, I've no doubt the dealership (if not the actual saleman) has the pricing. And they're also no doubt aware of the feeding frenzy in the U.S. over this car and want in on some of that action - either through selling allotments, or jacking the price themselve (the latter seems to be the case I'm thinking - they're just trying to nail down how to go about it).

Thing is Seahorse, is that Ford Canada told all dealers to get their First Order in by May 10th so that they'd get in on the First Shipment of Shelbys'. The Second Order was supposed to go in sometime before June. Ford Canada hasn't opened up the Order Bank yet for Third Shelbys'. At least that's what my Dealer is telling my Buddy who is #3. So, if Your Dealer hasn't yet put in any Orders, they've screwed those on the 07' Waiting List out of being able to receive their #1 and #2 cars when they should have? It just doesn't make sense. Both Kaylan and Myself are expecting Delivery next week.

Well paid a visit to my local dealer again today to see if they have pricing yet (I'm in Nfld.) - I know I won't make the list for a 2007, but I'm more than willing to settle for a 2008, I can be patient at times *L*. Anyway, still no "official" word yet but they "expect the coupe to come in at around 60 and the 'vert at 65G's". Hmmmm, that don't quite seem right what with pricing other prospective Can buyers have posted here (i.e. 51995 + shipping for the coupe). I think something is starting to smell just a wee bit.

The salesman I'm dealing with did say something else real interesting though - that is they may not get their full allotment of 15 cars for 2007 and may come up 2 or 3 short. He didn't explain why, just that that's the latest they've been told from Ford.

Honestly, I really don't mind waiting. BUT I don't like the way things are headed...still no "official" pricing, and all the "expected" figures I've been told keep on creeping up and up. And now possibly less cars to boot.

I dunno...I'm in no hurry to buy something, but I am READY to buy. So if the right car comes along before this comedy plays out, I could pull the trigger at any time on something else.

Hi from the Rock.

I assume you are dealing with Avalon Ford in St John's.

I have not been able to get anything from them since March re pricing/whether my order has gone through etc.

Hadn't heard about going short on the 15...

Just have to be patient and keep driving my '05 GT Vert...

Thing is Seahorse, is that Ford Canada told all dealers to get their First Order in by May 10th so that they'd get in on the First Shipment of Shelbys'. The Second Order was supposed to go in sometime before June. Ford Canada hasn't opened up the Order Bank yet for Third Shelbys'. At least that's what my Dealer is telling my Buddy who is #3. So, if Your Dealer hasn't yet put in any Orders, they've screwed those on the 07' Waiting List out of being able to receive their #1 and #2 cars when they should have? It just doesn't make sense. Both Kaylan and Myself are expecting Delivery next week.

Well that's another thing that doesn't make sense - they have placed orders (or so I was told). so how could they not know pricing?! Or maybe they haven't, and so have missed those first couple order slots, and that now accounts for them being 2 cars short?! I'm just running into too many inconsistencies here to know what's what anymore. I have made up my mind one thing though, I'm giving myself until the end of this month to at least DECIDE on something - like I said before I'm willing to wait no problem, but I want some hard facts and figures first. If not, it'll be another car - there's a nice shiney new SLK sitting at the local MB dealer *L*.

Hi from the Rock.

I assume you are dealing with Avalon Ford in St John's.

I have not been able to get anything from them since March re pricing/whether my order has gone through etc.

Hadn't heard about going short on the 15...

Just have to be patient and keep driving my '05 GT Vert...

Hey alley opp - yup Avalon Ford. I'm in Mount Pearl myself. I'm going to check in again Monday, I'll post up if there's anything more concrete from them this time.

Well that's another thing that doesn't make sense - they have placed orders (or so I was told). so how could they not know pricing?! Or maybe they haven't, and so have missed those first couple order slots, and that now accounts for them being 2 cars short?! I'm just running into too many inconsistencies here to know what's what anymore. I have made up my mind one thing though, I'm giving myself until the end of this month to at least DECIDE on something - like I said before I'm willing to wait no problem, but I want some hard facts and figures first. If not, it'll be another car - there's a nice shiney new SLK sitting at the local MB dealer *L*.

Hey alley opp - yup Avalon Ford. I'm in Mount Pearl myself. I'm going to check in again Monday, I'll post up if there's anything more concrete from them this time.

Good Seahorse.I should drop in on Sat myself as it has been several weeks.I'll ask the same questions and see what kind of response I get.I'll post if there is anything new...

My dealer is getting 3-4 in July alone. I confirmed this on Friday with him - In fact, I am #5 on the list and he told me that I am next for a VIN #, which he figures will be this Friday :cheerleader:

So I am now wondering about the 1 per month theory. Time will tell, I have been told by my dealer that 21 days to his lot is the worst case scenario once he gets my VIN # :bandance:

No BS from my dealer yet ! and I am in at MSRP.

I am starting to think that half of the BS posted on this board is from the cheezie dealers out there. You know what they say about car salesmen.

No, what do they say about car salesmen? Here you are just stating that your dealer has not given you any BS AND you're paying MSRP to boot, then you go and say that the BS is from the dealers and sales staff?

Typical.

No, what do they say about car salesmen? Here you are just stating that your dealer has not given you any BS AND you're paying MSRP to boot, then you go and say that the BS is from the dealers and sales staff?

Typical.

Seems to me like most of the jerking around is coming from the dealers and sales staff. Just an observation from following the posts on this website. Spend some time reading the posts on this website and you will see all of the BS that people are getting from their dealer / salesman. Its actually quite the joke

I am lucky - I got a good one. Car Salesman that is.

07 Shelby : Been a while but are you getting a vista blue coupe? I see you got the 07` shelby plates so it shouldn`t be hard to spot you besides being the First Shelby in Ontario or even Canada. Make sure you take lots of pictures to post. GooD LucK

Typical.

No complaints here. Once the "Official" word came down from Ford Canada my dealer's been straight up with me. ;):)

07 Shelby : Been a while but are you getting a vista blue coupe? I see you got the 07` shelby plates so it shouldn`t be hard to spot you besides being the First Shelby in Ontario or even Canada. Make sure you take lots of pictures to post. GooD LucK

Nope, I ended up going with Red Coupe with White Stripes at the last hour! Probably Kaylan and I will be one of the first with Shelbys'? Never know. A friend of mine claims that there's a Dealership in Oakville, Ontario, that has a Shelby in the Showroom. Apparently it has been purchased and the owner is allowing the Dealer to display it, for a price. Anybody able to confirm this?

Seahorse and Alley Oop, keep us Mainlanders informed with what happens back 'ome! Good Luck Boys.

Nope, I ended up going with Red Coupe with White Stripes at the last hour! Probably Kaylan and I will be one of the first with Shelbys'? Never know. A friend of mine claims that there's a Dealership in Oakville, Ontario, that has a Shelby in the Showroom. Apparently it has been purchased and the owner is allowing the Dealer to display it, for a price. Anybody able to confirm this?

Seahorse and Alley Oop, keep us Mainlanders informed with what happens back 'ome! Good Luck Boys.

I`ll take a run into Oakville and check it out

Went this morning and there was no Shelby in the show room. There was a Ford GT roped off with a sold sign on it. ( red with white stripes) There was an empty space in the show room . Maybe someone took it home for the night.

There was an empty space in the show room . Maybe someone took it home for the night.

Thats just cruel. On your part and thiers :hysterical: I would lose my mind and probably end up back in jail after a round trip of 20 yrs. Can't you see the look on hizzhonors face as you try and explain why you dismembered the "victim"? :hysterical2:

Went this morning and there was no Shelby in the show room. There was a Ford GT roped off with a sold sign on it. ( red with white stripes) There was an empty space in the show room . Maybe someone took it home for the night.

:roses: That GT is for the November Princess Margaret Lottary............buy your tickets..................actually the GM hopes the winner takes the payout as it's already paid in full and if they give a payout, the payout is less than full retail, then they can sell the GT for full price. That's what they told me.................

:bandance:

Don't think it's mine..........no VIN yet :)) Must be my dealer though.........Kennedy Ford

SVT power

Sounds like Kenedy Ford, could be the white / blue stripes MULE car as it was in the Head Office Show Room. FORD is probably loaning it out to the local dealers

SVT power

Sounds like Kenedy Ford, could be the white / blue stripes MULE car as it was in the Head Office Show Room. FORD is probably loaning it out to the local dealers

That's what I think too. The car was indeed a white coupe. Makes sense.

I Hope they repaired the Passenger Side GT500 Stripe and the Right Rear Skunk Stripe!! :doh:

post-2683-1152150086_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1152150960_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1152150086_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1152150960_thumb.jpg

Dropped into the dealer again today, they're still not releasing pricing. Amazing... :shrug:

Your dealer knows the M.S.R.P but hes not telling you what you are going to pay????

I would beware of this dealer or make sure you get everything in writing.

Your dealer knows the M.S.R.P but hes not telling you what you are going to pay????

That's it in a nutshell. I know MSRP (from posts on here), they know MSRP...but they're not putting a price on the car(s).

I know I'm not going to get a 2007 at this stage, so I'm going to call other dealers and see who will gvie me in writing (with a deposit on my part) pricing on a 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

That's it in a nutshell. I know MSRP (from posts on here), they know MSRP...but they're not putting a price on the car(s).

I know I'm not going to get a 2007 at this stage, so I'm going to call other dealers and see who will gvie me in writing (with a deposit on my part) pricing on a 2008.

My dealer did the same thing to me, he was sitting on the pricing to see how high he could set ADM (he told me finally $10k over MSRP, and thats for a March 2008 delivery) I haven't responded to him yet, still lots of time till March to hopefully let the ADMs go away.

My dealer did the same thing to me, he was sitting on the pricing to see how high he could set ADM (he told me finally $10k over MSRP, and thats for a March 2008 delivery) I haven't responded to him yet, still lots of time till March to hopefully let the ADMs go away.

I'm thought/almost sure you're protected in Ontario. Demand some answers and/or complain to Ford

I'm thought/almost sure you're protected in Ontario. Demand some answers and/or complain to Ford

I'm already going the Ford route. According to the new car dealers association (or whatever their official name is, the guys that police dealerships) although it is unethical, it is not illegal per se. Where the illegal comes in is if the company advertises a price and the dealer tries to overcharge. This is coming from them though, not from a lawyer, my lawyer is an idiot and never got back to me after doing his research (he's a real estate/estate lawyer and isn't too familiar with contract law on stuff like this) so I think before contacting a litigation lawyer I'll wait for what Ford has to say. Sigh, this whole process and stress is knocking 5 years off my life, hopefully by the time I'm done I've knocked 10 years off the life of the GM at the dealership :finger:

Archived