TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS

Due to the ongoing arguing and namecalling and smacktalking recently the following measures will be taken until further notice.

Once a thread gets away from "General" conversation and turns into smack talk or threats or anything not car related it will get moved.

You want to discuss the Shelby, which car is or is not faster, better, cheaper, lighter, heavier..... you get the picture, it's all good. Personal attacks and it's gone.

Going to try this route rather than bannings, suspensions etc and try treating you all like adults rather than 3rd graders.....for now.

Due to the ongoing arguing and namecalling and smacktalking recently the following measures will be taken until further notice.

Once a thread gets away from "General" conversation and turns into smack talk or threats or anything not car related it will get moved.

You want to discuss the Shelby, which car is or is not faster, better, cheaper, lighter, heavier..... you get the picture, it's all good. Personal attacks and it's gone.

Going to try this route rather than bannings, suspensions etc and try treating you all like adults rather than 3rd graders.....for now.

:beerchug:

Very good decision, we are all here to discuss the GT500 and share info THANKS :rockon:

Amen brother!!

Mr. Shelby you're a legend and the greatest!!! Now just give us the KR withover 600HP and there won't be any doubts who is the "KING OF THE ROAD".

Pricewise no car comes close in providing pure seat of the pants excitement and pleasure to their owners as does the Shelby GT500! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Every board comes to this point. Now the inevitible choices for the mods will be what crosses the line and what doesnt. Good luck with it :) . I have the pleasure of modding on the mach1registry and my own forum. Its never an easy decision when trying to judge peoples posts and ideas. Hats off and good luck.

Roger

Unfortunately, I sat through the few hours of that particular exchange the other day and was disturbed. I was disappointed with our group. I view this site every day to get information about my dream car...both good and bad..... I don't dial in to listen to "playground standoffs". I respect most everyones input onto this site and believe that we have the right chemistry to continue to be the most informative site about the GT500.

Let's accept what happened......

NOW LET'S MOVE ON!

Strongtie you sound like a grief councilor lol!!

Its amazing what how much education can be had...... after you spend 100K on attourney's fees... through a divorce!

Besides.... I had ten years to reflect on things....

And yes...... I did type in...."group hug"...... but then thought better of it!

Every board comes to this point. Now the inevitible choices for the mods will be what crosses the line and what doesnt. Good luck with it :) . I have the pleasure of modding on the mach1registry and my own forum. Its never an easy decision when trying to judge peoples posts and ideas. Hats off and good luck.

Roger

How are things over there, as a fellow Mach 1 owner are you considering the GT 500, I'm kicking it around but only at MSRP or better, wife wants to keep the 03 becasues its an auto but the shelby is a tempting purchase.

How are things over there, as a fellow Mach 1 owner are you considering the GT 500, I'm kicking it around but only at MSRP or better, wife wants to keep the 03 becasues its an auto but the shelby is a tempting purchase.

Cutter, great question! I traded my '04 Mach 1 and Lariat F150 on an STX F150 to make room for a GT500. I am playing the waiting game for MSRP right now and absorbing all of the great information from the other members. I still have a nagging feeling that I may have made a mistake getting rid of the Mach in hopes for a GT500. My Mach was bone stock, no mods whatsoever except a kicker subwoofer and I pulled a 1/4 mile time of 13.8 at 104 MPH...could never find third gear in the SOB but that was OK.

Cutter, great question! I traded my '04 Mach 1 and Lariat F150 on an STX F150 to make room for a GT500. I am playing the waiting game for MSRP right now and absorbing all of the great information from the other members. I still have a nagging feeling that I may have made a mistake getting rid of the Mach in hopes for a GT500. My Mach was bone stock, no mods whatsoever except a kicker subwoofer and I pulled a 1/4 mile time of 13.8 at 104 MPH...could never find third gear in the SOB but that was OK.

Ordered my Mach and paid MSRP, after seeing what happened afterwards I promised myself I would never pay MSRP again for any truck or car again, promise of low production numbers and so on.....year later you could buy one for invoice plus rebates... :rant: so I will wait and see a year from now, but my gut feeling is any one who wants one will be able to buy one at MSRP all day long and probably cheaper, been wrong before....but we'll see.....deuce, you got a deuce??? got a 05 softtail deuce sitting in the barn with the Mach...and a 69 Z28....

This is a great site. I hope the members don't wreck it.

It's really up to all of us to see that it doesn't.

It has its challenges but we have developed fair ways to deal with individuals such as the three mod rule and moving threads to the mod only section before deciding what to do if they get out of hand. I bought my mach new for 23500.00 I owe less than 14 on her now. I have run high twelves and love the car but I love the shelby as well. I will have to sell my mach to get one and I dont know how I feel about it yet, but I have a lot of memories in it and its been a great mustang (my fourth in a row). But I will be buying a shelby and hope that I won't need the mustang morning after pill lol.

Roger

Agreed. However, with the functionality of the ignore feature, I highly doubt anyone (or mass amount of e-freaks) could take this site down.

Good to have you back, Michelle! Your wise words are welcome here anytime.

Archived