TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got My VIN and Delivery Date

subguns

Thursday I was given my VIN of: 1ZVHT88S475216720 with a delivery date of July 29, 2006. It looks like it will be produced the first week after the 2 week shutdown. The dealer is a small town dealer but only 1 of 3 President's Award Winners in Arkansas. I hope everyone at AAI comes back to the line rested and relaxed and not hung over...

This information may help some of you determine PA winning dealers place in line.

I am big time ready.....

Thursday I was given my VIN of: 1ZVHT88S475216720 with a delivery date of July 29, 2006. It looks like it will be produced the first week after the 2 week shutdown. The dealer is a small town dealer but only 1 of 3 President's Award Winners in Arkansas. I hope everyone at AAI comes back to the line rested and relaxed and not hung over...

This information may help some of you determine PA winning dealers place in line.

I am big time ready.....

Hey, C_O_N_G_R_A_T_U_L_A_T_I_O_N_S subguns ...and I really like that Ford is rewarding the PA dealers by giving them first shot at these cars because they are typically the ones caring for the customer the best.

A personal friend in NYC told me the SVT dealers down there seem either obnoxious or unconscious -- you can't get a straight answer from them on if they have any cars committed yet. Most want a 10% deposit for $10-15K over MSRP and "will call you when one comes in." For that price, my friend wants to be able to order exactly how he wants it and expects to know exactly where he is in-line, but can't seem to get a dealer to play that way -- very strange. I think they're, in effect, 'pooling' their orders across several dealers -- who knows?

Meanwhile your PA dealer in Arkansas and mine up here in rural upstate NY are getting their first in the next month, as a 'thank-you' for good PA customer relations -- I like that (even though I'm waiting for prices to come down).

Just curious (if you want to share) what is your small-town PA dealer charging?

subgun, CONRATS!!!

Is the July 29th your Build or Delivery? Curious as you said you were just given the VIN on thursday and it usually takes a month to produce after VIN is avail. My VIN is pretty close to yours and is scheduled for week 24-30th. I would not expect my car to be delivered here until about 2wks after that.

PM me if you want.

When was your order date? Did you get a DORA? What is your DORA processed date?

The car may have had a VIN a week earlier. I had not checked on it for 2 weeks. July 29th is the estimated delivery date. It would be reasonable to think it will be built the first week after the shutdown. The order confirmation is dated May 20th. I emailed the owner today and asked him to fax me the DORA and save me a printed original. I do know there was several conversations with the Zone Rep about my order and it being one of the first in the state since he is one of only 3 PA winners in AR.

Archived