TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DORA arrives

jrichard

My dealer faxed me the DORA today. I know, I know, it doesn't mean much, but it's got me that much more excited about the car. Fortunately the correct color and options are listed and it shows Priority = 10.

I have a few questions that you guys might be able to help me with:

1. What does "Order Type" mean? Mine says 1. I saw another GT500 DORA with Order Type 2.

2. What is the "Ship thru" code for? At the bottom of the DORA, it says "INFO: SHIP THRU ADDED TO ORDER"

3. There's also a line that says "BEGIN ORD" followed by an alphanumeric code and next to that it says "# UNITS 001" Any ideas?

4. I don't see an "order number" (to check vehicle status at VOPC) anywhere on the DORA? Am I missing it (or maybe it was cut off/covered up on the fax)?

Thanks!!!

My dealer faxed me the DORA today. I know, I know, it doesn't mean much, but it's got me that much more excited about the car. Fortunately the correct color and options are listed and it shows Priority = 10.

I have a few questions that you guys might be able to help me with:

1. What does "Order Type" mean? Mine says 1. I saw another GT500 DORA with Order Type 2.

2. What is the "Ship thru" code for? At the bottom of the DORA, it says "INFO: SHIP THRU ADDED TO ORDER"

3. There's also a line that says "BEGIN ORD" followed by an alphanumeric code and next to that it says "# UNITS 001" Any ideas?

4. I don't see an "order number" (to check vehicle status at VOPC) anywhere on the DORA? Am I missing it (or maybe it was cut off/covered up on the fax)?

Thanks!!!

Order type refers to the status of the order when it was placed.

0= Fleet vehicle order

1= Retail customer order (vehicle was ordered for a specific customer- a retail sale)

2= Stock or regular production order

A= Ford Employee or retired employee order.

There are others but I think you can get the gist of the number.

Your number 1 means that the dealership placed this order for a specific customer (hopefully you)

Your Inital and Last name should be on the DORA if it was for you.

Example if you name were Carol Shelby the DORA would show C Shelby somewhere near the bottom.

The ship thru is added when you specify over the top stripes. This is a code to have the car sent to the stripe install location before releasing the vehicle from the plant.

When you get your car there will be a location listed on the window sticker to show where the car was shipped thru.

The Alphanumeric next to the order number is your order number It can be a letter and three numbers or four numbers, whatever the dealer wants. When I ordered my GT Mustang I used 7777 for luck. (kidding) or you could use D666 to order satans car. The point is that the actual order number has significance to the dealership, not to Ford, so order A001 is not any more important than 9999. It is just a way to identify the order until the VIN is assigned.

The last number means that only one car was ordered. You can order up to 99 cars at a single session. For example if you were to order 5 cars that are to be built the same (option content) then you could enter all five orders at the same time. You can change the color and the priority on each car, but all the options would be the same. This saves time if you order lots of cars.

One last thing, I would not encourage you to call VOPC to check on the status of a car that does not have a VIN. It is a pointless phone call. All they will be able to telll you is that the order exists. And calling every day will not build your vehicle any faster than pushing the elevator button more than once will bring the elevator any quicker. Good luck to you and congrats on your order. (and car when it arrives)

Thanks for the GREAT information! So many individuals on this board have provided excellent information.

Also thanks for the tip regarding VOPC. I was planning on calling them once/month to see if a VIN had been assigned. After that, once per week or two to see if it's in production. My dealer is friendly but, uh, disorganized. I'm guessing if I don't have another source of information, the car will simply arrive one day and no one will know it was coming. Hopefully this is a reasonable way of using VOPC.

Fortunately, my name is on the DORA.

One other question: Is it possible for my dealer to have more than one GT500 on order with Priority 10 or if one is Priority 10, does the other one have to be a higher priority? I know the dealer has ordered another GT500, but I don't know the priority code assigned to it.

One other question: Is it possible for my dealer to have more than one GT500 on order with Priority 10 or if one is Priority 10, does the other one have to be a higher priority? I know the dealer has ordered another GT500, but I don't know the priority code assigned to it.

You can have more than one vehicle with a priority 10 (Any vehicle in the order bank by the same family i.e. Mustang) could also have a priority of 10, but this is sloppy ordering. If the dealer is getting 2 cars and placed both as priority 10 then typically the oldest order would be built.

Unless, one car has option that is on hold, or is a controlled commodity. What most people here fail to realize is that the GT500 is a controlled commodity (limited production availability).

So priority codes are not as important on a GT500 order. The region will let the dealership know when thier number comes up, and the dealer can then designate the car to be built. I would suspect that since you are a dealer priority 10 he is placing you at the top. (since 10 is as low as a dealership can go, lower numbers are assigned by the region)

One last thing, cars are usually scheduled on Thursday nights, so if you must call someone to check the status of your order Friday or Monday is the best. If you call on Monday, and the car is unscheduled, then nothing will change till Thursday night, so a Wednesday call would be a waste of time.

You can have more than one vehicle with a priority 10 (Any vehicle in the order bank by the same family i.e. Mustang) could also have a priority of 10, but this is sloppy ordering. If the dealer is getting 2 cars and placed both as priority 10 then typically the oldest order would be built.

Unless, one car has option that is on hold, or is a controlled commodity. What most people here fail to realize is that the GT500 is a controlled commodity (limited production availability).

So priority codes are not as important on a GT500 order. The region will let the dealership know when thier number comes up, and the dealer can then designate the car to be built. I would suspect that since you are a dealer priority 10 he is placing you at the top. (since 10 is as low as a dealership can go, lower numbers are assigned by the region)

One last thing, cars are usually scheduled on Thursday nights, so if you must call someone to check the status of your order Friday or Monday is the best. If you call on Monday, and the car is unscheduled, then nothing will change till Thursday night, so a Wednesday call would be a waste of time.

I ordered mt GT500 from a small dealer and the priority code is 11 . The dealer said it would not hold up

the car because he only ordered one GT500. Is this true? :doh:

I ordered mt GT500 from a small dealer and the priority code is 11 . The dealer said it would not hold up

the car because he only ordered one GT500. Is this true? :doh:

Yes, despite what many here believe the priority code on a GT500 plays very little on when the car gets built. What matters more is how many Mustangs your Region/Zone/Dealer sells. If he is a small dealer then the number of previous sales matters even less.

Yes, despite what many here believe the priority code on a GT500 plays very little on when the car gets built. What matters more is how many Mustangs your Region/Zone/Dealer sells. If he is a small dealer then the number of previous sales matters even less.

Seems strange that this dealer would use a priority code of 11, when most dealers use the highest priority code permitted for the first car, which is 10.

It would seem to me that one may have been ordered prior to yours and he has ordered another in hopes that he will get one through the lottery or may by some other method.

I definitely am not writing to discourage your hopes, but I woud certainly question the dealer as to why a priority code of 11 was used. Usually, dealers start with 10 and then go to 11,12 13 etc.

On the other hand, a second car couldn't be ordered unless there were two allocations approved.

Keep us informed, I'm curious!

Any help out there on this! :shrug::shrug:

Seems strange that this dealer would use a priority code of 11, when most dealers use the highest priority code permitted for the first car, which is 10.

It would seem to me that one may have been ordered prior to yours and he has ordered another in hopes that he will get one through the lottery or may by some other method.

I definitely am not writing to discourage your hopes, but I woud certainly question the dealer as to why a priority code of 11 was used. Usually, dealers start with 10 and then go to 11,12 13 etc.

Keep us informed, I'm curious!

Any help out there on this! :shrug::shrug:

The help is that the PRIORITY CODE DOES NOT AFFECT A GT500 ORDER THAT MUCH The dealer could easily order five cars with priority 10 however this would not serve any purpose. The dealer can change priority codes anytime they want. So even if you have a printout with any priority code on it, it could be changed anytime. Most dealers will change the priority code to 10 once the region indicates that they will schedule a car for that dealer.

The help is that the PRIORITY CODE DOES NOT AFFECT A GT500 ORDER THAT MUCH The dealer could easily order five cars with priority 10 however this would not serve any purpose. The dealer can change priority codes anytime they want. So even if you have a printout with any priority code on it, it could be changed anytime. Most dealers will change the priority code to 10 once the region indicates that they will schedule a car for that dealer.

Hey man, thanks for the info. This clears it up for me anyway! :doh:

Archived