TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just rented a Shelby GT-H for the weekend

brands5.0

Very nice car ill upload some pic's tomorrow. I know any one can rent one but does any one care to see what they will run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the 1/4 mile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not one to abuse rental cars but how can i resist. ps if i brake it i'll buy it. The manger at hertz told me they work them for 6-18 mo. or 10-12k miles then the'll auction them off siad they will go fo 70k.. Not this one :shift:

Here are some pics of one that I rented in Phoenix in late May. Only had it for a couple of days but boy was it fun!

I was in Boston this past week and inquired about the Shelby GT-H. Though I didn't end up renting it (no time to enjoy it fully), it was available for the next day. Originally I thought this was going to be difficult to rent since I assumed there would be a waiting list, but apparently not. Perhaps it's the $200/day that's keeping the demand low. I still want to rent one when I go out to San Fransisco this fall and I plan on driving it like Mr. Shelby did in the GT-H commercial. Can't wait to lay a 15ft patch of rubber as I drive it off the lot...

Guest evilchris

I was in Boston this past week and inquired about the Shelby GT-H. Though I didn't end up renting it (no time to enjoy it fully), it was available for the next day. Originally I thought this was going to be difficult to rent since I assumed there would be a waiting list, but apparently not. Perhaps it's the $200/day that's keeping the demand low. I still want to rent one when I go out to San Fransisco this fall and I plan on driving it like Mr. Shelby did in the GT-H commercial. Can't wait to lay a 15ft patch of rubber as I drive it off the lot...

You won't be leaving any rubber unless you unjam the TCS switch.

Shelby also did not drive the car in the commercial, a stuntman did.

You won't be leaving any rubber unless you unjam the TCS switch.

Shelby also did not drive the car in the commercial, a stuntman did.

Well, yes, I didn't really think Carroll was doing 360's in a car nowadays...

Are you saying it's impossible to perform a brake stand in this car? Sounds like a challenge... :poke:

Guest evilchris

Well, yes, I didn't really think Carroll was doing 360's in a car nowadays...

Are you saying it's impossible to perform a brake stand in this car? Sounds like a challenge... :poke:

The car bogs the second any sort of tirespin is detected, TCS working properly. I had the car 11 days, I was not nice to it.

you can turn off the traction control.... BTW 13.7 @ 98 mph with a 2.08 60'... Makes the wait even harder now i Want my GT500 now please

Did you make a pass in the 1/4 mile in a shelby yourself and get those numbers? Cause Ive seen a stock gt make a 13.5... I figured with intake make 13.4 lol some difference! Also my dad was looking online to rent one for the hell of it (really to beat the piss out of it) and in florida they are booked for the entire month! Ive seen 2 in one day allready... dont expect to drive one soon tho!

Archived