TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great Photos of Alloy w/silver stripes

If I lived near this BROKER I would be out raged. It is 100% against FORD policy for brokers to be doing this. this car is not in possession of ebay lister Texas Toys. This car is actually at Planet Ford, Helfman, Freeway, Mac Haik or Russell Smith Ford. Call them and ask for VIN

This is exactly what is driving pricing up so normal people cannot afford one. this is a BROKER not a FORD dealer selling this car.

SVT needs to know about this supposed sale. Did you notice the BROKER took pics in a way to block off actual dealers name in each and every pic from plates or window stickers along with no pics of background?

Looks like this is going to be a problem see here performanceautosport/not a FORD dealer and here Perhaps not a Ford dealer

Looks like this is going to be a problem see here performanceautosport/not a FORD dealer and here Perhaps not a Ford dealer

Good catches TwinTurboBoss and JETSOLVER! The games are beginning... interesting vin# on the second link (eBay Black/silver) :) Wish there was a way we could track a vin to a dealer. If the GT500 were on VOPC, would the dealer name show for a given VIN?

Good catches TwinTurboBoss and JETSOLVER! The games are beginning... interesting vin# on the second link (eBay Black/silver) :) Wish there was a way we could track a vin to a dealer. If the GT500 were on VOPC, would the dealer name show for a given VIN?

Yes. If I was a dealer playing by the rules in order to sell a car to a valued customer at MSRP, I would be PISSED that this is going on, especially after Ford explicitly stated these sorts of games are against the rules. And the VIN is available in the E-bay car described above if you enlarge the window sticker. If you are waiting for your car in that area I would save that picture to your hardrive because they will pull it when the word gets out. I keep waiting for the NEW FoMoCo to address some of this stuff. I guess I'll just keep waiting then....dissapointing as it is considering they have at least as many legal weanies(Mustang trademark issues) as product people in Dearborn.

Yes. If I was a dealer playing by the rules in order to sell a car to a valued customer at MSRP, I would be PISSED that this is going on, especially after Ford explicitly stated these sorts of games are against the rules. And the VIN is available in the E-bay car described above if you enlarge the window sticker. If you are waiting for your car in that area I would save that picture to your hardrive because they will pull it when the word gets out. I keep waiting for the NEW FoMoCo to address some of this stuff. I guess I'll just keep waiting then....dissapointing as it is considering they have at least as many legal weanies(Mustang trademark issues) as product people in Dearborn.

Amen, JETSOLVER...

I guess SU could start a 'sticky' HALL OF SHAME* category in which we can post abuses like this because I'd never buy my car (even at MSRP) from a dealer who's playing games. As members find abuses like this we could post the dealer name and vin.

Remember those travel ads from a few years back: "Texas, A Whole 'Nother Country"

*Robert/SUstaff, any chance of doing this

What a bunch of CRAP! Hate to be the SHELBY police but this is gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

someone said there was a VIN on this car? People buying this car with no VIN means it could be MONTHS before these cars show up.

the VIN on the car I replied on is 1ZVHT88S975196125. ANYONE know the 2222222222 cars actual VIN?

This guy says he had 10 cars and already sold 6????? If I was a good Ford dealer in HOUSTON area I would be FURIOUS! I know some EXCELLENT dealers who will only get 1 or 2 cars and some BROKER gets 10?

This guy is not a new car dealer but a typical BROKER! The no financing is a big tipoff..

TwinTurboBoss, if you go to ebay on the 222222222vin and in the yellow bar at the top of the ebony/silver pic, click on 'other offers by this seller', you'll see he also shows a red/white shelby. Interesting that both the ebony/silber and red/black have the same exact stock number... hmmmmmm. Must be magic!

Let's see, no VINS, 'early car from a small dealer,' 'should be on the ground within one month of 8/1 (06??)' -- I agree, this sounds like pure BS. And the pic of both cars can't actually be the car 'cause, if it was, I think he'd know the VIN!

The listing is by Phil Collum @ pc@wt.net or call 832-473-7588 who, it would appear, has no authorization to be selling these cars, even if they did exist!

That is definitely an awesome combination.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that's the one!!!

I also love the vista/white and vista/alloy. The vista is a dead ringer for the '68 "gunmetal" blue, at least it seems from orngesnake's sister Amily's pics.

These are such awesome cars... can't wait for the prices to get real...but I'm a patient person... :baby:

<edit> would love to hear from someone who's owned any '01-'04 cobra and then drives a GT500 to understand if the pedal locations (for heel-toe) and seat location) knee-steering column room) have improved.. I sure hope so -- I sold my '01 Cobra, though I loved it, because of those two annoyances.

I'm hoping....

I agree the color combination is gorgeous!

But here is a page from the Power Point Presentation showing NO BROKERING no selling to a NON RETAIL customer.

I think there are going to be a few FORD dealers pulled from selling SVT or others when the policy is what it is.

Right-on TwinTurboBoss! I would love to see back-door brokering dealers get burned for these reasons:

-It's unethical

-because Ford's contract can say no to that

-because their muscleing in on other dealers who are playing fairly

-because any of those authorizations could be one of our cars! (that is if they are real authorizations in the first place)

I'm just guessing, but I suspect large SVT non-PA dealers know they're not first and also know how many GT500s they will be able to get based on their committed buys of mustangs and GTs (which the model-year GT500 allocations are based on). So I suspect they're considering that number as their authorization and pre-selling these VIN-less cars as if they are already authorized or even exist, which I suspect they aren't/don't. So possibly they put these 'chits' out to brokers to pre-sell, cut them a piece of the markup and assure themselves a steady stream at max markup with no ADM stigma/hassels. What I want to know is what exactly did the first 6 (of the 10 supposed allocations of the e-bay dude) that are already 'sold' think they bought? I think all they bought is a place on a list with a hope of getting a car at some point, not the [implied rare] early build from 'small dealer' BS that they "should receive within 30 days of 8/1". The dealer letting out these 'authorizations' should be cut-off from future hi-po/SVT sales, but that likely won't happen because it's the big dealers that get to play this game. This stinks! :rant:

68fastback, Thanks! ITs kind of ironic the markups and 1000 stereo happen to be on same page as the no NOn RETAIL customer page!

I have said it many times the Convert is going to be a very limited build with the Shaker 1000. No surprises there as here they told dealers it would be avail on only 33% of all converts built.

Each and every dealer should have this.

I mentioned in more than one prior post the material hold was for SVT to verify each order because they wanted to stop the BROKER garbage. Each dealer had to input a name for car and it was to be sold retail only. SO if they start to show up at a bunch of brokers as NEW cars on MSO there are going to be a few dealers hurting. Will be interesting to find out what happens to them.

I know where my first call on monday will be!

I will be watching for any non Ford dealers selling a car with original Ford MSO

I'll let you know if I spot any... the next few months should be interesting...

Archived