TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second thoughts on color choice

SVTpower

:shrug:

Well, I have to be honest..........I ordered on May 20th and have a conf. on my order but no vin#. I ordered Ebony with Tungsten and although several of my gearhead buddies tell me it's the only choice, I'm excited.........but not overly excited. Maybe because I had a black stang for many years and maybe just need a change, Í've been having 2nd thoughts since that day. Well, today I emailed the general mgr at the dealership as I was curious IF I can change my color option. I was told no problem as it has not been assigned a vin yet but to let him know asap.

Problem is I can't get red out of my mind.............as much as I'm not happy its not the concept red, the white stripes just bring it óut' enough to like it. That combined with every article, mag, test etc.......usually show the red or the white car. Now I know bright colors photograph better and market better. I've just liked this car in red for some reason, as black, although is cool, tough, mean, etc......just doesn't show the details of this car.

So I'm being told by several people, leave your choice alone, red is for girls, you're an idiot for wanting to, black is the best, etc.............. I'm still undecided. I know, I need to buy what I like which is the right thing but peoples opinions are important to me as well.

07 Shelby, jump in. What made you go to the red???...........and all others that choose red. Do you really like it, or did all the marketing for the last year really work??

Tonight, it was dark and rainy but I past by a local dealership. They had two black convert, and one GT coupe in red................to me it 'popped', and the black just looks good and mean.

Solution: Buy 2 !!!!! but can't...............

Signed,

Confused.

SVT power

DO you want red or GOOD & Mean . IF you read your post you mentioned good & mean twice , it appears you want Ebony /Tungstan stripes.What ever you pick I think your going to be happy.

Good Luck Let Us Know What YOu Pick

SVT power

DO you want red or GOOD & Mean . IF you read your post you mentioned good & mean twice , it appears you want Ebony /Tungstan stripes.What ever you pick I think your going to be happy.

Good Luck Let Us Know What YOu Pick

:doh: Sorry..........they both look good. The red/white 'pops' , and the black/tungsten is mean and evil.

Decisions, decisions...............hmmm..........

:doh: Sorry..........they both look good. The red/white 'pops' , and the black/tungsten is mean and evil.

SVTpower do not change your color! I am jealous, I have a ebony/tung convert on order and I wish they had the over the top stripes. Your first impressions are always correct. Had a black 2001 Cobra, it was

beautiful.

PS: I ordered the Shaker 1000, my twins will be in college before I see my car,(they are 4).

I'm still undecided. I know, I need to buy what I like which is the right thing but peoples opinions are important to me as well.

Some things to think about:

• I had a red sports car for many years, so I have chosen Tungsten gray to this point....although I can still change my mind.

• If you like metallic paints, your options are limited to Tungsten or Alloy (not sure whether Vista Blue is metallic)

• If you want a color that is unique to the GT500 and not available on the base GT, then check the Ford website on which colors to avoid (I know Tungsten and Torch red are available on GTs)

• Alloy is a new color....so if you want something unique, there you go!

• If you are looking for heritage, I'd recommend a color that was popular on the original Shelby, such as Performance White with Vista Blue stripes or Grabber Orange

• If you like the Crimson Red two-tone interior (which I do), then you are limited in colors.

Just giving you ideas. There is no "right" or "wrong" color. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Tungsten is my primary choice, but I'm looking at Ebony and Alloy was well. Good luck!

Dave

• I had a red sports car for many years, so I have chosen Tungsten gray to this point....although I can still change my mind.

• If you like metallic paints, your options are limited to Tungsten or Alloy (not sure whether Vista Blue is metallic)

• If you want a color that is unique to the GT500 and not available on the base GT, then check the Ford website on which colors to avoid (I know Tungsten and Torch red are available on GTs)

• If you are looking for heritage, I'd recommend a color that was popular on the original Shelby, such as Performance White with Vista Blue stripes or Grabber Orange

• If you like the Crimson Red two-tone interior (which I do), then you are limited in colors.

Just giving you ideas. There is no "right" or "wrong" color. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Tungsten is my primary choice, but I'm looking at Ebony and Alloy was well. Good luck!

Dave

RESALE RED IS A NO BRAINER....... :doh::doh::doh:

Dave

I think the tungsten/gray is really classy and unique, and the tungsten picks up 'mood' from it's surroundings better than most any other color -- it always matches its surroundings (and is a little less noticeable at 157mph :)

Well, I have to be honest..........I ordered on May 20th and have a conf. on my order but no vin#. I ordered Ebony with Tungsten and although several of my gearhead buddies tell me it's the only choice, I'm excited.........but not overly excited. Maybe because I had a black stang for many years and maybe just need a change, Í've been having 2nd thoughts since that day. Well, today I emailed the general mgr at the dealership as I was curious IF I can change my color option. I was told no problem as it has not been assigned a vin yet but to let him know asap.

Problem is I can't get red out of my mind.............as much as I'm not happy its not the concept red, the white stripes just bring it óut' enough to like it. That combined with every article, mag, test etc.......usually show the red or the white car. Now I know bright colors photograph better and market better. I've just liked this car in red for some reason, as black, although is cool, tough, mean, etc......just doesn't show the details of this car.

So I'm being told by several people, leave your choice alone, red is for girls, you're an idiot for wanting to, black is the best, etc.............. I'm still undecided. I know, I need to buy what I like which is the right thing but peoples opinions are important to me as well.

07 Shelby, jump in. What made you go to the red???...........and all others that choose red. Do you really like it, or did all the marketing for the last year really work??

Tonight, it was dark and rainy but I past by a local dealership. They had two black convert, and one GT coupe in red................to me it 'popped', and the black just looks good and mean.

Signed,

Confused.

I currently own 3 black Fords and don't think they make a more beautiful color for a car. That being said, I ordered mine in Red with white stripes. Since the first day I knew about this car I wanted it in Red and white. I'm not really sure why. I never thought I wanted this car in black until I saw Carroll's black on black vert. That car just looks mean. It's a tough choice, but you will be happy no matter what.

I ordered ebony and tungston with red and black int I'm getting it this weekend :cheerleader: and I can't tell you how much I struggled weather I made the right decision or not for the same reasons like body lines etc.... but I realized that that car will be nasty no matter what.

I currently own 3 black Fords and don't think they make a more beautiful color for a car. That being said, I ordered mine in Red with white stripes. Since the first day I knew about this car I wanted it in Red and white. I'm not really sure why. I never thought I wanted this car in black until I saw Carroll's black on black vert. That car just looks mean. It's a tough choice, but you will be happy no matter what.

Red and white is killer, especially since it matches up perfectly with the the red and charcoal seating combo.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Signed,

Confused.

Red ones are the fastest. End of story. Hope this helps.

:shift:

bj

¿And black was not an original color?

JB

I ordered ebony and tungston with red and black int I'm getting it this weekend :cheerleader: and I can't tell you how much I struggled weather I made the right decision or not for the same reasons like body lines etc.... but I realized that that car will be nasty no matter what.

This I want to see. This is the car I ordered only I am getting charcoal inserts. We need pics ASAP!!!!

I ordered red from the beginning, but have been struggling with the coupe versus vert thing. I have always had a vert and recently sold my '05 GT vert to buy the Shelby. I ordered a coupe and then realized how much I miss my vert. After much thought and digression, I changed my order to a vert. I love the over the top stripes and this is the only reason I ordered a coupe in the first place.

I will now have to stuggle with the question of adding the OTT stripes to the vert. I am sure it will look much better and if they are done in vinyl, they can be removed.

I have restored many older Mustangs/Shelbys and the color choice is always the toughest. I am sure that you will like whatever color you choose.

I'm goin' with the vista blue with white stripes! To me its the best looking color combo! However my last 3 cars have been black,..and while they look nice,they're a major upkeep,(shows all imperfections)and the color doesn't pop enough for me on the shelby! Plus I like when the blacked out grill shows up alot better on any of the other colors. My second choice would probably be white w/ blue stripes. Good luck whatever you decide! :shift:

:wacko:

Tha'nks for all the replys everyone.............still undecided even after a visit to see that red GT coupe again today on a nice sunny day. I think I'm more mad at Ford for not offering the red of the concept. I think I may stay ebony as I know it won't be a mistake but I may question red if I choose that one................still thinking....................

The way red with performance white stripes is being marketed, it seems that color combination will become a dime a dozen.

My 2¢ (¿where is the cents key?)

JB

:shrug: ....................maybe but not up here, approx 400 only to Canada, so who knows how many in Ontario but I doubt I'll see many of the 2007........................

Hmmmm ............Ebony or Red ????

:shrug: ....................maybe but not up here, approx 400 only to Canada, so who knows how many in Ontario but I doubt I'll see many of the 2007........................

Hmmmm ............Ebony or Red ????

Not trying to talk you out of ebony, there may be sump'tin to a highly marketed color combination in an area that will see a limited number of Shelbys.

FYI, I ordered ebony with performance white stripes. Also I ride a Harley and every bike I've bought has been black. Get this, every vehicle I've owned in the last twenty years has been black until I bought my 2004 Mach I. I chose azure blue because I couldn't see the black stripes on a black car. I'm color blind so black is my favorite color by default.

JB

• 4 weeks later...

Any way you can post some pics of your car with some of the outside and inside showing? I am interested in how the crimson interior looks with your color combo.

Thanks

Guest evilchris

Dave

All of the GT500 colors are available on GT's. One has a different name ( Ebony ) but is just black like Black Clearcoat on GT's.

The meanest coupe out there will be a black one with all stripes deleted.

G. Orange is the way to go. Pics do nothing for this color - go and look at it in person. You will then see the meanest & coolest looking color offered.

Be preparred to wash & DUST you car everyday if you go black. After a couple of yrs you will also see all of the fine lines in the clear. Black is nice but way too much maintenance required.

All of the GT500 colors are available on GT's. One has a different name ( Ebony ) but is just black like Black Clearcoat on GT's.

The meanest coupe out there will be a black one with all stripes deleted.

SAYS YOU!

I agree, Orange w/Tungsten is the color!

Or, White w/Blue stripes!

But hey, that would be why I ordered those colors (2 cars). :woohoo:

I live in a very "arrid" area (to say the least), so Black was out of the question.

Too hot, and shows dirt too easily.

Can't wait !

Mike.

Archived