RUFDRAFT

Got Plans to Hold On a While?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. I plan on keeping mine:

• 1-2 years
    • 2-3 years (until warranty expires)
    • 3-5 years (until it's paid off!)
    • No plans to sell - are you nuts?
    • Wait and See what Ford has coming next!

I have a really hard time selling cars/bikes I like. Which is why I still have my 99 Heritage Softail and my 01 Bullitt. Garage will be full soon so in order to get another I'd have to sell, which I can't do. So I'm pretty much grounded in terms of buying anything else.

I thought it might be interesting to see how many of us have plans to sell or hold the cars. :shift:

You seem to have excluded my group. This is the people who will sell their Shelby in less than six months. I've been paying car payments longer than my mortgage! The lifespan of a new Ford product at my home is about 8 months. I have held one for as much as four years because it depreciated so much, even from Z plan pricing and additional rebates, that I couldn't recover a reasonable amount of the purchase price. I hate to say it, but it was a Taurus sedan. It had a 23K sticker price; out the door at 16K and change; and less than 13K trade-in-value at the 6 month point. The runner up comes in the form of an F150 and it lasted about 18 months.

I did hear that the connecting rods are only good for about 560-600hp in the Shelby? Anyone else heard that?

The word is that they are RELATIVELY safe until about 650crank. Tune up(computer) as always is so critical on a blown engine. Start doing research now into a good tuner.

My wife and I will be buried in it. Since we'll probably die driving it, the logistics shouldn't be too difficult. :doh:

Jeepers don't give those ghouls who pre-sell funeral arrangements any ideas! Can't you see the market on that blowing up just like the one with the car itself? :hysterical:

Jeepers don't give those ghouls who pre-sell funeral arrangements any ideas! Can't you see the market on that blowing up just like the one with the car itself? :hysterical:

New Ford marketing plan: free gas for life OR pre-planned high-octane self-immolation afterward! :hysterical:

Whether I get a GT500 or a Boss, I'd likely keep it for the rest of my life -- or for as long as I afford to insure it and fill the tank occasionally :) I would likely sell it only if Ford does and Oh My God car in the future or if they won't let me hide it in the lot behind the nursing home :shift:

Archived