TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Released From Foreign Port" -> WTF!

FordGeek

OK...so let me get this straight. Wal-Mart, utilizing RFD technology, can track a box of Ding Dongs right down to the truck they're on, but I can't get a straight answer from either my dealership, Ford customer service, nor SVT about where in the world my car is! According to the order it's been "Released From Foreign Port"; Not a soul can tell me what exactly this means. My car is "supposed" to arrive at my dealership this Friday. Now they're telling me I need to give it a few days "buffer" due to any special circumstances. The poor guys at SVT keep thinking not a single GT500 has made its way to the public. We all know OrangeSnakes sister is happily driving hers around town as I write this post! What gives?

Does anyone know what this status means? One sap even told me that the car was finally released from Mexico! Mexico? Where in the world do they get these people. When I told them the cars were being made in Flat Rock, they didn't even know that the Flat Rock facility existed!!! LOL

:shrug:

Guest evilchris

OK...so let me get this straight. Wal-Mart, utilizing RFD technology, can track a box of Ding Dongs right down to the truck they're on, but I can't get a straight answer from either my dealership, Ford customer service, nor SVT about where in the world my car is! According to the order it's been "Released From Foreign Port"; Not a soul can tell me what exactly this means. My car is "supposed" to arrive at my dealership this Friday. Now they're telling me I need to give it a few days "buffer" due to any special circumstances. The poor guys at SVT keep thinking not a single GT500 has made its way to the public. We all know OrangeSnakes sister is happily driving hers around town as I write this post! What gives?

Does anyone know what this status means? One sap even told me that the car was finally released from Mexico! Mexico? Where in the world do they get these people. When I told them the cars were being made in Flat Rock, they didn't even know that the Flat Rock facility existed!!! LOL

:shrug:

Just be patient, Ford is a disorganized, nightmarish Company. Just gotta deal with it if you want a Mustang.

The foreign port is in reference to AutoAlliance, which is a joint-venture plant between Ford & Mazda. Hence, this is not a Ford-dedicated plant, rather a shared one. . .this is where the "foreign" term derives from. This same plant makes the Mazda6 and ALL Mustangs/GT500s.

After the GT500s are produced, they go across the street for the stripes. The stripe facility is RIGHT next to where they are shipped, so it's no big deal. This might explain the blip as to tracking exactly where the GT500 is right after they are made.

Many people are not aware that the GT500s were shipped out AHEAD of schedule :)

The foreign port is in reference to AutoAlliance, which is a joint-venture plant between Ford & Mazda. Hence, this is not a Ford-dedicated plant, rather a shared one. . .this is where the "foreign" term derives from. This same plant makes the Mazda6 and ALL Mustangs/GT500s.

After the GT500s are produced, they go across the street for the stripes. The stripe facility is RIGHT next to where they are shipped, so it's no big deal. This might explain the blip as to tracking exactly where the GT500 is right after they are made.

Robert, what would we do without you, my friend....

<calling for a round of applause for RL on this one!!!>

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Thanks Robert...I knew you'd make sense of it. Will the status change again once the stripes are applied, or does the status stay the same? I was under the impression that the car was complete and ready for shipping.

Archived