TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Last minute order changes

BadTony

I am wanting to have my order set up for courtesy delivery at another dealer in another state.

Is there a point in the order / build process where the dealer can no longer make this change?

Last time I checked with customer service (last week) order was still in a "material hold" status with no VIN

I am wanting to have my order set up for courtesy delivery at another dealer in another state.

Is there a point in the order / build process where the dealer can no longer make this change?

Last time I checked with customer service (last week) order was still in a "material hold" status with no VIN

Just get the Dealer ID number and from the dealer that you want the car sent to and give that info to the dealer you are buying the car from. They should be able to take care of the rest.

Yes I know that. Question is, is there a point in the process in which I will no longer be able to have this change made to my order?

You can change any time until it is submitted. Once submitted you can try to change but there are not guarantees. If you want to make the change do it before your order is submitted. Any change made after is "pending plant approval" meaning it may or may not get changed.

At the time of this writing, my order is still in a "material hold" status with no VIN. Based on what you are saying, it sounds like at present time, I can still have this change made to my order, right?

At the time of this writing, my order is still in a "material hold" status with no VIN. Based on what you are saying, it sounds like at present time, I can still have this change made to my order, right?

Yes,

Without a Full VIN you are still on order, but not scheduled. I would not advise changing too much, sometimes you may change when they are lining up orders. However most GT500 dealers will be contacted prior to scheduling, so check with the dealer. Ford typically lines up order on Wed. and Pulls order on Thursday. So the status (submitted order) will show changed on Friday at the soonest. Mon-Wed usually no activity unless the car is in the build process.

Archived