TEAM SHELBY FORUM

front to rear weight ratio

gt500hp

When determining the front to rear ratio, exactly what factors are taken into consideration.

For instance is this ratio measured with an empty or full tank of gas.

If you calculate the weight of gasoline at 72 degrees fahrenheit it weighs 6.25 lbs.

The Mustang tank is 16 gals. X 6.25lbs = 100lbs. This is 100lbs added to the rear weight.

It would seem that this ratio calculated into a front to rear ratio would be closer to a 50 -50 balance.

I realize that the ratio would vary depending on the amount of gasoline in the tank, but just wonder if ithas any effect on handling when the tank is close to being full vs a near empty tank.

Any thoughts!

When determining the front to rear ratio, exactly what factors are taken into consideration.

For instance is this ratio measured with an empty or full tank of gas.

If you calculate the weight of gasoline at 72 degrees fahrenheit it weighs 6.25 lbs.

The Mustang tank is 16 gals. X 6.25lbs = 100lbs. This is 100lbs added to the rear weight.

It would seem that this ratio calculated into a front to rear ratio would be closer to a 50 -50 balance.

I realize that the ratio would vary depending on the amount of gasoline in the tank, but just wonder if ithas any effect on handling when the tank is close to being full vs a near empty tank.

Any thoughts!

as part of their review, road and track did a wheel by wheel weight breakdown, with driver total weight was 4130 and I assume that this includes some gas in the tank. front to back ratio was 56 - 44.

any way you cut it the shelby is a little nose heavy, but not excessively so compared to the old muscle cars. If you feel the need, you can mod suspension fairly easily to handle more neutrally, and pull a higher g force.

Archived