TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000 shortage or Material Shortage?

:nonono: Their is NO WAY his car got built in 6 Hrs & 10 mins!

All cars come off the line at the same rate & that is 23.7 hours per car & with them only working (2) eight hour shifts (16 Hours in a day) it would have taken 2 1/2 shifts worth of production. Once again even a bone head M-T journalist doesn't even bother to get real facts before sending it to print.

If you don't beleive me go back to www.boldmoves.com & watch the 1st Shelby (JOB1 #6780) come off the line & listen to them say that it must not take any longer to produce this car then ANY OTHER car. :doh:

Coldwater: Did you happen to read the article. It was pretty detailed with photos and everything. It could be that since Ford let him in, behind the scenes that, some of the production was staged or fudged. I was very surprised when I read the article, as I can see you are by hearing about it. I did watch that bold moves job 1 a while back. I agree, something is not right.

Coldwater: Did you happen to read the article. It was pretty detailed with photos and everything. It could be that since Ford let him in, behing the scenes that, some of the production was staged or fudged. I was very surprised when I read the article, as I can see you are by hearing about it. I did watch that bold moves job 1 a while back. I agree, something is not right.

I did not read the article but please send me the link.

The one Thing I know after making parts for these same auto assemble plants is they build to a term called "TAKT Time" it is the rate at which you build parts to. This way you match production rates based on MY projections of sales & I have never, ever seen a TAKT time as low as 6 Hrs. & 10 mins. per car.

Your probably right...they fudged the out come for the sake of the reporter or he was mistaken & meant that he was their only 6 hrs & 10 mins & seen his car built from assembly point "T to Z" & not from point "A to Z"

I did not read the article but please send me the link.

The one Thing I know after making parts for these same auto assemble plants is they build to a term called "TAKT Time" it is the rate at which you build parts to. This way you match production rates based on MY projections of sales & I have never, ever seen a TAKT time as low as 6 Hrs. & 10 mins. per car.

Your probably right...they fudged the out come for the sake of the reporter or he was mistaken & meant that he was their only 6 hrs & 10 mins & seen his car built from assembly point "T to Z" & not from point "A to Z"

I do not know how to get the link to the Sept. issue article. I tried. I just looked at the article again. The writer said that when he arrived "the painted shell of the car was in its overhead cradle on the production line". So the part that he filmed must of been what you call final assembly.

I do not know how to get the link to the Sept. issue article. I tried. I just looked at the article again. The writer said that when he arrived "the painted shell of the car was in its overhead cradle on the production line". So the part that he filmed must of been what you call final assembly.

Now that makes more sence. :doh:

Archived